Never Been to Confession In My Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter FinallyPeace
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t seem to understand the process. Not just anyone can walk in and go to confession.
 
Okay I don’t think I’m aloud to online shop so I’ll see if they have them at Barnes and noble
 
You can most likely find the books there.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your help I’ll try to got to confession on the weekend since I have school
 
No. When you go to confession you will state your sins and the number of times you committed them. If the priest has any other questions or needs more detail, he will ask, but most likely you will name it and say how many times and that’s all he needs to know.
 
Have you not understood anything we have said? No, do not go to confession until you arrange to speak with someone about getting on track toward your sacraments. Talk to your parents.
 
Last edited:
You should talk to your parents about wanting to be instructed in the Catholic faith.
 
I understand now I’m not that smart so it takes me a while to understand things like this okay
 
You’re baptised as a Catholic and so can (and should) go to confession - after al, it’s what you want to do so just go ahead and do it. Going to confession isn’t just about forgiveness of sins, it’s also about allowing God to help and heal you too which is what makes it so important and so special. Sure you need to sort out where things are at with the other sacraments but you can talk to the priest about this when you see him for confession - you’ve got to start somewhere after all!
But what about every single sin I’ve sinned I can’t remember every sinned I sinned
You don’t have to remember every single thing you’ve ever done, let alone how many times (a ballpark figure or even just “heaps” is perfectly okay). Trust me when I say the priest will have heard confessions from other people in the same position as you and nothing you say is going to surprise or shock him at all. Don’t forget too that the priest can’t tell anyone what you’ve said to him; it remains totally secret always and forever.
 
Thank you I’m really tired since it’s 11:07 so goodnight
 
When I was like 9 years old I sinned lust and im kind of embarrassed to share that because i think the priest might think I was a gross child or something was wrong with me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top