G
GKMotley
Guest
“Even Revolutionaries Like Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Perhaps 50 year old folk wisdom resonates over the blue.
Perhaps 50 year old folk wisdom resonates over the blue.
Last edited:
This story is just after 28 minStill another was a man you will have to do a lot of research to find. I think his last name was Cohen. He was a combat engineer who stood in the middle of the road and yelled “Halt!”
Thank you. I am really impressed with how fast you found this, and with the story itself.This story is just after 28 min
You beat me to it. I’m bemused and a bit annoyed that, by my observation, those most fired up at Colin Kaepernick kneeling for the Anthem and subsequently “disrespecting” our county and flag are the same ones likely buying more of these offending products and usage. Organizations like the Veteran’s associations, the Scouts, the Military, etc. are the only ones who really get it right.the violation of Title 4, Chapter 1, Section 8 of the US Code entitled “Respect for the Flag” where I quote…
A few things:People who supported BLM and the right to kneel may see denigrating our founding flag, a flag made by an abolitionist as just too much pandering.
It is not wrong, nor un-American, to have differing views of what your citizenship, opinion of the history of this country, and your relationship with its symbols mean. Forcing uniform conduct during national tributes does not reflect this. I wonder how many so offended by actions like kneeling have actually given up an afternoon from getting drunk on Memorial Day to attend one of the solemn and formal tributes to the fallen of this country. The ones where they present colors, read off names, and play Taps. I can’t say I’ve done this with great frequency, but standing up for a minute while a song is played is cheap tribute compared.I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in,” Boyer wrote. “It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.
I don’t think these standards should ever have been enforced legally, they were certainly a reaction to flag burnings and the like. But they set a standard, maybe too much of one, but running around with a very tattered flag on your car for example doesn’t speak well of flag respect.For roughly 30 years, since a Supreme Court ruling redefined freedom of speech in this area, it has been null and void
Agreed. So I put a flag decal on my car, back in the day.running around with a very tattered flag on your car for example doesn’t speak well of flag respect.