Non-Catholics on these boards...

• Thread starter Thread starter mango_2003
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mango_2003

How many of you Non-Catholic folks are out there???

Just curious.

I hope there are many!

It may show that they are at least open to the True Faith. Perhaps they are just starting their journey home.

If on the other hand, some are here to challenge us, then that to is good. When challenged we may be forced to dig a little deeper for the answer and this will enrich our understanding as well.

Since the Church is the full deposit of faith we can’t be intimidated by questions and challenges of those that are not yet in full communion with us.

I believe that this site is turning out to be a great tool of evangelization, but remember we all must be respectful of those that don’t know the full truth. The faith is best shown through example.
🙂

40.png
mango_2003:
How many of you Non-Catholic folks are out there???

Just curious.
I’m not Roman Catholic. 👍

Bud Stewart:
I hope there are many!

It may show that they are at least open to the True Faith. Perhaps they are just starting their journey home.

If on the other hand, some are here to challenge us, then that to is good. When challenged we may be forced to dig a little deeper for the answer and this will enrich our understanding as well.

Since the Church is the full deposit of faith we can’t be intimidated by questions and challenges of those that are not yet in full communion with us.

I believe that this site is turning out to be a great tool of evangelization, but remember we all must be respectful of those that don’t know the full truth. The faith is best shown through example.
🙂
:amen:

A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST. IM HERE TO ADD MY TWO CENTS OF GODLY WISDOM. HOPEFULLY WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER AND NOT DEVIDE THE BODY OF CHRIST. AMEN 👍

40.png
Crusader:
If you’re not in communion with the Vicar of Christ, the Pope of Rome, you ain’t Catholic.
Praise God! 👍 :cool: 👍

I’ll stay with Jesus! 👍 👍 👍

I technically am not Catholic yet, on my way home, but I Catholic in my heart. I know my mom wishes I wasn’t and keeps hoping there is a chance that I will change my mind. Please pray for her. Last night I dreamed she came home too. I can’t wait to receive the sacraments. :dancing: I told my priest to book out a whole day for my first confession, I have 26 years to confess. LOL

Shari

40.png
Ric:

Ric,

I know you’re just speaking from your perspective; I just want to assure you:

I am Catholic just because I want to stay as close to Jesus as I can. Based on study and prayer, I believe I can stay closest in the Catholic Church.

40.png
Ric:

Ric it’s wonderful to have you here, but I am curious to know how you found out about these forums or why you are here? I could be wrong(which wouldn’t be the first time) but it doesn’t seem that you want to know more about the Church are even agree with it. I was just curious, and I know curiosity killed the cat. Any good to have you here. Sorry if I offened you.

Your Friend Christ

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST. IM HERE TO ADD MY TWO CENTS OF GODLY WISDOM. HOPEFULLY WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER AND NOT DEVIDE THE BODY OF CHRIST. AMEN 👍
We are all glad you are “on board.” And, yes, we can certainly learn from one another. There is a problem, however. The Body of Christ is already divided. Jesus prayed that we would be one as He and the Father are one. We need to work in honesty and without compromising the truth to acheive that end.

40.png
Pax:
We are all glad you are “on board.” And, yes, we can certainly learn from one another. There is a problem, however. The Body of Christ is already divided. Jesus prayed that we would be one as He and the Father are one. We need to work in honesty and without compromising the truth to acheive that end.
Pax, It may divided according to you, but as far as Im concerned I am part of the body of Christ. Sorry ,you cant take it away. 😦

As a devout Catholic, I’m “in communion with the Vicar of Christ, the Pope of Rome”. Have been my whole life.

So, please forgive me, I’m confused for what you meant when in your response to the person who said “in communion with the Vicar of Christ, the Pope of Rome” you said
40.png
Ric:

As a devout Catholic, I praise God and am staying with Jesus, too!

So… I’m confused for what you meant. :confused:

Did you mean for us to understand that instead of being Roman Catholic, you praise God and will stay with Jesus?

Or… did you mean for us to understand that you are Catholic, but not the Roman Catholic variety of Catholic?

Thanks!

40.png
Shari:
Ric it’s wonderful to have you here, but I am curious to know how you found out about these forums or why you are here? I could be wrong(which wouldn’t be the first time) but it doesn’t seem that you want to know more about the Church are even agree with it. I was just curious, and I know curiosity killed the cat. Any good to have you here. Sorry if I offened you.

Your Friend Christ
First off, thanks for the welcome!

I found these forums quite by accident, and it seems like I found them around the time Karl opened them.

Why am I here? Because I want to share the Gospel with all people (Roman Catholic or not) all of the time. Christian apologetics is a hobby of mine and I try to defend the Christian faith and teach where people have the wrong idea of Christianity.

Veronica Anne:
As a devout Catholic, I’m “in communion with the Vicar of Christ, the Pope of Rome”. Have been my whole life.

So, please forgive me, I’m confused for what you meant when in your response to the person who said “in communion with the Vicar of Christ, the Pope of Rome” you said
I submit to the authority of God alone and not to any man on the Earth (as in someone like the pope). Of course I do submit to my pastor - but to a point, when he is wrong God is then the final authority. I truly believe that the position of the pope is unbiblical and the Roman Catholic church give the man (pope) too much authority. I totally reject the pope and I will stay in communion with Jesus Christ!
Veronica Anne:
As a devout Catholic, I praise God and am staying with Jesus, too!

So… I’m confused for what you meant. :confused:

Did you mean for us to understand that instead of being Roman Catholic, you praise God and will stay with Jesus?

Or… did you mean for us to understand that you are Catholic, but not the Roman Catholic variety of Catholic?

Thanks!
Yes, I am Catholic (Universal), but I am not Roman Catholic (or any “rite”). Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and I have received Him with an open heart, mind and spirit and trust Him totally for my salvation alone!

40.png
Amethyst:
Ric,

I know you’re just speaking from your perspective; I just want to assure you:

I am Catholic just because I want to stay as close to Jesus as I can. Based on study and prayer, I believe I can stay closest in the Catholic Church.
I choose to rely of God and not any “church” to stay close to Him.

40.png
Ric:
Yes, I am Catholic (Universal), but I am not Roman Catholic (or any “rite”). Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and I have received Him with an open heart, mind and spirit and trust Him totally for my salvation alone!
Hmm…just curious, how can you though claim to be catholic (universal), when **the only ** universal church in the world is the One, Holy, Apostolic, and Catholic Church, Roman Synod?

Roman does not denote “rite”, it denotes its communion with the Helm of the Church, who resides in Rome

Lumen Christi sit semper vobiscum,
S4ntA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back