Not dating thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luvz2travel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luvz2travel

Guest
Anyone else quit dating besides me? Seems like I’m the only one I know. Just thought maybe there were a few other hiding out there. 😃
 
What do you mean? You mean opting for lay celibacy or what?
 
Not dating too. I was interested but I start to lose interest, because marriage looks more and more like a bad idea to me.
 
Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more I realize how unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows. 🤷

-Byrnwiga
 
What do you mean? You mean opting for lay celibacy or what?
I just chose to quit dating as it wasn’t working out anyway. I can’t deal with the drama so many people seem to want now days. I’ve been much happier since. If something isn’t working then sometimes it’s best to let it go. 👍
 
Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows. 🤷

-Byrnwiga
Completely understand. It does get hard once in awhile to see other happy couples then I remind myself of what kind of relationships I had. :eek:
 
Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more I realize how unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows. 🤷

-Byrnwiga
Marriage is a vocation, so it is going to be hard work (not that I know, right now I am in the season of seperation, trying to discern God’s will for my life as a senior in higschool). But nothing that comes easy is usually worth the effort. The beauty of marriage is that, from a girl’s perspective, you take a man’s flawed heart in your hands, and you let him see all the flaws in yours, and as a couple you work with God to guide each other’s souls to Heaven.

Easy task? No. Worth it? Yes! 😃
 
I have this friend…

Seriously. My buddy is 26 and a recent convert. Great guy. One of the very few people I would hire without question. Not ugly. Solid catholic. No good girls for him around here…all too old or already taken. Girls his age…ugh.
 
I just chose to quit dating as it wasn’t working out anyway. I can’t deal with the drama so many people seem to want now days. I’ve been much happier since. If something isn’t working then sometimes it’s best to let it go. 👍
My last was a really creepy-stalkerish guy (though now that I think about it, I think he was just limerent- not really crazy. Limerence can look crazy sometimes). So much has happened to me this year. I’m now starting to work from home- That doesn’t leave much opportunity for socializing I guess. But for two years now (including the period wth my little stalker) I’ve been unable to like guys with my feelings. I want in my head to get married, but I’m beginning to wonder if I only want it because it’s the proper thing, socially speaking. I’m very happy, though, despite going through the hardest time of my life this year with family/personal issues and LOADs of growing up. 🙂
 
I’ve never consciously quit dating but after 6 friendzones in one year, I gave up for a while. 😛
 
I gave up dating so that I could focus more on my relationship with the Lord. Dating just seemed so artificial to me and laden with spiritual traps. After about a year, I met a man at Church who became my friend, courted briefly, became engaged and married. All within 9 months. And once we’ve been married another 10 months following that, our first child will have been born.

Everything in God’s time. Which can be fast or slow!
 
Marriage is a vocation, so it is going to be hard work (not that I know, right now I am in the season of seperation, trying to discern God’s will for my life as a senior in higschool). But nothing that comes easy is usually worth the effort. The beauty of marriage is that, from a girl’s perspective, you take a man’s flawed heart in your hands, and you let him see all the flaws in yours, and as a couple you work with God to guide each other’s souls to Heaven.

Easy task? No. Worth it? Yes! 😃
If hard work were the only “issue,” I wouldn’t be planning on lifelong singlehood :D. Reading threads here on marriage is enough to make one aware that no amount of hard work can counteract the actions of the spouse (lack of love, affairs, unilateral divorce, and so forth). Add in the effort required to find someone to marry, and it is clear to me that I can do much more good for others being single (opportunity cost, and so forth). 👍

-Byrnwiga
 
Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more I realize how unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows. 🤷

-Byrnwiga
This, except that I hope I meet someone who changes my mind. I honestly don’t like being single very much at all, but I can say that I’ve tried, and tried again, and things just aren’t clicking in that area for me right now.

I can also see the good I’m able to do while I’m single, and that God is working in me and through me for the good of others, and that helps a lot. I know I’m not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. God is good, and better to me that I will ever deserve.
 
If hard work were the only “issue,” I wouldn’t be planning on lifelong singlehood :D. Reading threads here on marriage is enough to make one aware that no amount of hard work can counteract the actions of the spouse (lack of love, affairs, unilateral divorce, and so forth). Add in the effort required to find someone to marry, and it is clear to me that I can do much more good for others being single (opportunity cost, and so forth). 👍

-Byrnwiga
There is nothing wrong with being single - it is a great and beautiful vocation! What a blessing to be able to devote all your time and energy into serving the Lord.

Yet there are those who are called to the vocation of marriage. There are Godly marriages out there definatly. There are marriages who are torn up out there, definatly. God has a plan and future full of hope for each person, including a vocation in which they can best serve him!

God bless,

Chloe M.
 
I can also see the good I’m able to do while I’m single, and that God is working in me and through me for the good of others, and that helps a lot. I know I’m not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. God is good, and better to me that I will ever deserve.
This is essentially why I don’t mind remaining single.
There is nothing wrong with being single - it is a great and beautiful vocation! What a blessing to be able to devote all your time and energy into serving the Lord.
Exactly. 👍
Yet there are those who are called to the vocation of marriage.
At one point I thought I was, but on closer examination the notion of a vocation of singlehood is more appealing.

-Byrnwiga
 
raises hand I stopped dating. I just got burnt out from all the disappointments and guys pretending to be who they weren’t.

And I’m quite happy being single at the moment! 😃
 
Also not dating.

I’m seriously considering the Priesthood though :newidea: (At least for the last two weeks I’ve started discerning). I’m not sure if that counts.

EDIT:
I would also like to add that I can’t find a single girl who’s looking for a devout Catholic male. As cliche as it seems, they just don’t seem to exist in real life. All of the solid Catholic girls I know seem to be dating outside the church…
 
This, except that I hope I meet someone who changes my mind. I honestly don’t like being single very much at all, but I can say that I’ve tried, and tried again, and things just aren’t clicking in that area for me right now.

I can also see the good I’m able to do while I’m single, and that God is working in me and through me for the good of others, and that helps a lot. I know I’m not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. God is good, and better to me that I will ever deserve.
You are definitely not alone! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top