L
Luvz2travel
Guest
Anyone else quit dating besides me? Seems like I’m the only one I know. Just thought maybe there were a few other hiding out there. 
I just chose to quit dating as it wasn’t working out anyway. I can’t deal with the drama so many people seem to want now days. I’ve been much happier since. If something isn’t working then sometimes it’s best to let it go.What do you mean? You mean opting for lay celibacy or what?
Completely understand. It does get hard once in awhile to see other happy couples then I remind myself of what kind of relationships I had.Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows.
-Byrnwiga
Marriage is a vocation, so it is going to be hard work (not that I know, right now I am in the season of seperation, trying to discern God’s will for my life as a senior in higschool). But nothing that comes easy is usually worth the effort. The beauty of marriage is that, from a girl’s perspective, you take a man’s flawed heart in your hands, and you let him see all the flaws in yours, and as a couple you work with God to guide each other’s souls to Heaven.Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more I realize how unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows.
-Byrnwiga
My last was a really creepy-stalkerish guy (though now that I think about it, I think he was just limerent- not really crazy. Limerence can look crazy sometimes). So much has happened to me this year. I’m now starting to work from home- That doesn’t leave much opportunity for socializing I guess. But for two years now (including the period wth my little stalker) I’ve been unable to like guys with my feelings. I want in my head to get married, but I’m beginning to wonder if I only want it because it’s the proper thing, socially speaking. I’m very happy, though, despite going through the hardest time of my life this year with family/personal issues and LOADs of growing up.I just chose to quit dating as it wasn’t working out anyway. I can’t deal with the drama so many people seem to want now days. I’ve been much happier since. If something isn’t working then sometimes it’s best to let it go.![]()
If hard work were the only “issue,” I wouldn’t be planning on lifelong singlehoodMarriage is a vocation, so it is going to be hard work (not that I know, right now I am in the season of seperation, trying to discern God’s will for my life as a senior in higschool). But nothing that comes easy is usually worth the effort. The beauty of marriage is that, from a girl’s perspective, you take a man’s flawed heart in your hands, and you let him see all the flaws in yours, and as a couple you work with God to guide each other’s souls to Heaven.
Easy task? No. Worth it? Yes!![]()
This, except that I hope I meet someone who changes my mind. I honestly don’t like being single very much at all, but I can say that I’ve tried, and tried again, and things just aren’t clicking in that area for me right now.Nor am I. The more I read about it, the more I realize how unappealing (and risk-laden) marriage is, so all the more likely I’ll remain single. Maybe I’ll meet someone who will change my mind, who knows.
-Byrnwiga
There is nothing wrong with being single - it is a great and beautiful vocation! What a blessing to be able to devote all your time and energy into serving the Lord.If hard work were the only “issue,” I wouldn’t be planning on lifelong singlehood. Reading threads here on marriage is enough to make one aware that no amount of hard work can counteract the actions of the spouse (lack of love, affairs, unilateral divorce, and so forth). Add in the effort required to find someone to marry, and it is clear to me that I can do much more good for others being single (opportunity cost, and so forth).
-Byrnwiga
This is essentially why I don’t mind remaining single.I can also see the good I’m able to do while I’m single, and that God is working in me and through me for the good of others, and that helps a lot. I know I’m not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. God is good, and better to me that I will ever deserve.
Exactly.There is nothing wrong with being single - it is a great and beautiful vocation! What a blessing to be able to devote all your time and energy into serving the Lord.
At one point I thought I was, but on closer examination the notion of a vocation of singlehood is more appealing.Yet there are those who are called to the vocation of marriage.
Quit? I haven’t quit so much as put it on hold.Anyone else quit dating besides me? Seems like I’m the only one I know. Just thought maybe there were a few other hiding out there.![]()
You are definitely not alone!This, except that I hope I meet someone who changes my mind. I honestly don’t like being single very much at all, but I can say that I’ve tried, and tried again, and things just aren’t clicking in that area for me right now.
I can also see the good I’m able to do while I’m single, and that God is working in me and through me for the good of others, and that helps a lot. I know I’m not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. God is good, and better to me that I will ever deserve.