Now this from Biden

  • Thread starter Thread starter Horton
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is bigger than the free exercise of our religion?
This is why I speak to them in parables, because ‘they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand.’
Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled in them, which says: 'You shall indeed hear but not understand you shall indeed look but never see.

Matthew 13:13-14
 
40.png
upant:
do you look at the big picture?
Yeah I do…
Then please explain how Joe Biden as president would be a good thing? And don’t mention Trump. Just why is Biden a good candidate.

Then please explain how a faithful Catholic can vote for Biden given his position on the issues listed below by @upant. Once again, bringing up Trump is a non answer. I really would like someone to explain this to me. Every time I ask a question like this I get some anti-Trump rant. We all know how much Trump is disliked by some on here. I don’t need more on that. So please, explain.
LGBT, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, transgenderism, identity politics, the destruction of the family, contraception, socialism, breaking the seal of the confession, forcing abortions in catholic hospitals or the democrat position?
 
Then please explain how Joe Biden as president would be a good thing?
Don’t most vote for those they like or prefer? Or their pocketbooks? Hard to change that.

By now it seems things negative are simply dismissed for better or worse. Of both candidates.
 
Last edited:
That is a reason not to vote for Trump.
That is not a reason to vote for Biden.
Fair enough, glad you agree its a good reason not to vote for Trump…Anyone but Trump, still sounds like the best choice for America!
 
Last edited:
Fair enough…Anyone but Trump, still sounds like the best choice for America!
And you think Biden is more conducive to Catholic belief and teaching?

The logic escapes me.

Vote against Trump if you must, but don’t throw your support into someone that is actively working against the church.
 
And you think Biden is more conducive to Catholic belief and teaching?
As a matter of fact I do. Trump has no moral or spiritual compass.

And, as the Catholic Trump supporters claimed in 2016, we’re electing a President, not a Pope!
 
Last edited:
Then please explain how Joe Biden as president would be a good thing? And don’t mention Trump. Just why is Biden a good candidate.
But in an election you have to consider both candidates. It is too bad that you don’t like to hear Trump being used as an excuse to vote for Biden, but it is perfectly appropriate to do so and irresponsible not to.
 
Apart from Biden’s being Catholic, this is shameful. Why is it such a big deal to Biden that the Little Sisters of the Poor are simply following their religious conscience? Surely there are other organizations which include birth control that senior citizens or others can avail themselves of. Why impose something on this one organization that is contrary to their most fundamental religious convictions? Yes, the law, I realize; but the exemption has already been granted. Why is it necessary, let alone merciful, to revisit what is already finished? What good cause does such action promote?
 
Last edited:
Apart from Biden’s being Catholic, this is shameful. Why is it such a big deal to Biden that the Little Sisters of the Poor are simply following their religious conscience?
I don’t think it will bode well for him advertising among his first acts should he be elected will be persecution of Catholic nuns.
 
40.png
meltzerboy2:
Apart from Biden’s being Catholic, this is shameful. Why is it such a big deal to Biden that the Little Sisters of the Poor are simply following their religious conscience?
I don’t think it will bode well for him advertising among his first acts should he be elected will be persecution of Catholic nuns.
I don’t think those voting for him care.
 
So I can conclude you can’t explain why Joe Biden would be a good president. Or perhaps you really don’t care who is president as long as it isn’t Trump.

As a Catholic you have zero problem with Joe Biden’s stance on very critical issues for the Church regarding morals, life & death issues but you have no problem criticizing Trump for what you believe to be his moral failings?

So no one really knows why voting for Biden would be good for the country other than it’s not a vote for Trump.
 
So no one really knows why voting for Biden would be good for the country other than it’s not a vote for Trump.
This is why I believe he will get reelected.

People don’t show up to vote against someone.
They show up to vote for someone.

To expect people to vote for you, you need the people excited to pull that lever for you.

Trump has that with his supporters.
Biden does not.
 
“Your honor, I refer you to exhibit A: the Catholic Answers World News Forum.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top