P
PJM
Guest
=po18guy;6921066]Noted anti-Catholic Church Smith, of course. I see that he is guilty of private interpretation of scripture (prohibited in 2 Peter 1:20), twisting it to justify his practice of faith. He chooses not to deny himself, but to deny the original meaning of scripture, the original form of the Church, in his attempt to follow Christ. Mr. Smith lacks a sense of gratitude, in that, if there were no Simon Peter (and his successors), there would be no bible!
I recently heard a Prebyterian minister claim that Jesus’ disciples left him in John 6:66 because they knew the crucifixion was coming! What? That is so warped as to almost defy description.
The sad truth is Protestants can only exist by misinterputing the bible. If they actaully accepted Gods Words [2 Tim. 3:16-17, ] and understood what they were reading; they would HAVE to be Catholic!Ah, but it was Peter, wasn’t it, who said that Paul’s words, as well as the other scriptures, were distorted by the ignorant and unstable, to their own destruction (2 Peter 3:16). Now, if your faith community is formed via private interpretation of scripture, you must degrade Peter as leader. But, in doing so, you go directly against Christ.
John 14: 16-17 And I [Jesus] will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you." [Written By Catholics For Catholics… no other religions were in existence yet!]
2 Tim. 4: 3-5 " For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths. As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.”
2 Tim. 1: “13-14 Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.”
John 17:14-19 "I [Jesus] have given them [the Apostles] thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; [And the Will of Jesus is always DONE]thy word is truth. As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I [JESUS] consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth.
Matt. 16:19
**[19] I [Jesus] will give you [Peter] the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." **
Like the great message before me: Denying Peter is Denying Jesus Christ. How do you deal with that?
Love and prayers,
Pat