First of all, they should be glad you even told them! EVEN THOUGH YOU WAITED TILL THE BABY WAS BORN! WHO CARES! THIS BABY IS YOUR CHILD AND YOU HURTING YOUR EX DOESN’T GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO NOT BE PART OF THE BABY’S LIFE! He chose to walk away from the baby not you and you decided to let his famiy know so they should be thankful! AND NOT BE BITCHING AT YOU AS IF YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SINNER IN THE WORLD!
As kindly as possible speak with her and let her know you appreciate her opinion but this is your child and since there is NO FATHER IN THE PICTURE that you will do WHAT YOU FEEL AND THINK IS BEST FOR YOUR CHILD! GOD bless you for having your child, for loving your child and for even letting this poor innocent’s child’s unloving father’s family in the picture! they are extremely blessed! Let me tell you!
I know that if you were my son’s ex and told me you both had a baby and he walked away from you for whatever reasons, I am not stupid and blind nor will I accept the little victim thing with my son about it a baby takes 2 to make and 2 to raise, if he chooses not to be part I would talk to my son and make sure he takes responsibility for his actions wether he likes it or not, if he chooses not to take part at all and walks away from the family I would not allow him near that child no matter how badly it hurts…It’s called tough love until he starts earning the love of the mother of the child and the child and family all over again…
You can forgive but you dont have to forget and you don’t have to accept such behaviors…
His mother has no right on telling you what to do and you need to tell her that…
I know easier said than done…
My future inlaws since they found out about the baby are willing to “tolerate my kids and myself!” Ridiculous…They don’t even believe I am pregnant, they think fiance told them so that they could get us Christmas gifts as if I wanted to talk to them or hear from them again after all the bs they have put me through?! What do I look like insane?
Anyhow, sorry if I seem to angry I just don’t think it’s fair when a mother is trying to do the best for her child that she gets bombed on…
Just hang in there…you are doing well! God bless you and keep your head up!
And don’t be afraid to talk to this woman and to remind her that you contacted her without a need or want…