One reason I love my spouse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mirror_Mirror
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we grow in our marriage we learn more and more about each other and our life as a married couple. One of the most important lessons that we have learned over the past few weeks is this:

We must die to ourselves for love of our spouse.

Die to our pride. Die to our selfishness. Die to our need to complain. Die to our need to control. Die to anything that is causing division in our lives.

My wife and I have come face to face with the reality that the devil has been working overtime to drive a wedge into our marriage. BUT WE WILL NOT ALLOW IT!

Today I love my spouse because of her strength and fortitude. Learning of this in a more real way and facing the facts that the devil hates thriving marriages, she (and I) have made each other so much more of a priority. She is my rock that I lean on, no matter what.
 
*Amen to that, MM.

I think that marriage also helps us to grow in areas we needed some help with…my dh is a non complainer, he has helped me with that…I am sensitive to the kids’ needs…I have helped him with that. Together, we complement one another well.

Marriage is about getting each other to heaven, and helping each other to leave unnecessary ‘baggage’ behind, as we make the journey. *
 
Well, my husband grew up in a family that never had pets. I always had pets and love dogs, so now we have two little terriers. My dh tries to act tough, but will admit that these l dogs have wormed their way into his heart. Last Monday, one of the dogs crawled under the deck while hunting some critter and managed to get himself stuck. It was snowing out, and like blizzard conditions. We tried and tried to coax him out with treats but to no avail. The dog was crying and howling. We could see him but not reach him. Finally, my husband goes and gets his power saw and cuts a hole in the deck to reach the dog, and we pull him out. Afterward, dh says not to tell anyone we know that he cut a hole in his deck to rescue the dog. I just smiled at how soft his heart has become, and I smile when I think about what he did.
 
I love my spouse because he wraps his big arms around me at night and keeps me safe.
 
Well, my husband grew up in a family that never had pets. I always had pets and love dogs, so now we have two little terriers. My dh tries to act tough, but will admit that these l dogs have wormed their way into his heart. Last Monday, one of the dogs crawled under the deck while hunting some critter and managed to get himself stuck. It was snowing out, and like blizzard conditions. We tried and tried to coax him out with treats but to no avail. The dog was crying and howling. We could see him but not reach him. Finally, my husband goes and gets his power saw and cuts a hole in the deck to reach the dog, and we pull him out. Afterward, dh says not to tell anyone we know that he cut a hole in his deck to rescue the dog. I just smiled at how soft his heart has become, and I smile when I think about what he did.
AWWWW…melt…
 
Because I promised to when I married him. 😉

And because he is the love of my life, and is the best at barbecuing. 👍
 
Because falling in love over and over again…with the same person…is one of the keys to a successful marriage. And because he’s my best friend 🙂
 
He always puts his family first. He’s a wonderful father. He’s both gentle and strong. He does almost all of the housework and still almost never grumbles when he has to pick up my socks from all over the place… :o
Lucky you! My husband hates me
 
Today, I love my husband for doing things without complaining…he is an awesome guy. He took our dd to music lessons for me…it’s out of his way, and he had to go to work…but he knew I had an appt to get to, this morning. I don’t think there is a card on the shelf that Hallmark makes that could express the gratitude and love I have for him, this Valentine’s day. ❤️
 
Today I love my husband because he is such a LOVING husband and father (despite my hormonal mood swings w/ this pregnancy, lol). :love: What more could a girl ask for? 😃 :love:
Happy Valentine’s day to all the couples out there on CAF! :love:
 
Today I love my husband because he helped me with a bit of housework when he saw I was frustrated with how much I do around the house. And also because he`s my best friend!
 
Today I love my wife because of how thoughtful she is, always putting me first. A very special Valentine’s day we shared yesterday and we truly do live what we tell each other “I love you more today than yesterday.”
 
today I love my DH because although we spent half our weekend at the emergency department owing to some problems of him, he just made me laugh all along ! He’s so cute and funny, I love our complicity !
 
So I am guessing that for a few days we did not love our spouses? :rotfl:

I love my spouse for the past few days because of her perserverence. She hurt her ankle the other night and yet she still manages the house as if she is not in pain. She shoulders the burden without complaining. Her strength is amazing.
 
One reason I love my husband is that he has never complained about having my 91 year old mother come live with us.
 
I love my husband because he accepts me as I am, is quick to forgive, and treats me like a queen. I am so lucky!
 
One reason I love my spouse…is that he has always been supportive of new things I get involved with…and has always puts the kids and me first. Those are two reasons…sorry. 😉
 
So the past 5 years I have slowly been planning and preparing to redecorate my boys bedroom. Inspired by Pottery Barn’s red, white and blue styles I slowly aquired bits and pieces (not from PB) of the decore, I made the bedding, painted accents and plotted and planned so I could do a ‘big’ room reveal for my boys. My DH was awesome through this whole process. I love him b/c he listened to me go on and on about my dream for our boys room.
I love him b/c …For safty reason he offered and bought the boys a new unfinished bunk bed with his Christmas bonus, without me asking him to sacrifice his bonus. Then he learned new skills to finish the beds and toy storage units in a beautiful navy blue.

I loved him more on Monday b/c he built the toy storage units for the room,I love him for giving his time to my silly dream.

Tuesday we dropped off the boys with his parents and he spent the day building the bed and then sacraficed the rest of his day and night to helping me make my dream come true for a nice looking room for our boys.

I love my husband for getting behind my dream and being so willing to help me complete it. I love him for working with me and being willing to allow me to take the lead in how it will all come out. I love doing projects for our home with my husband.

Yesterday, Ash Wednesday we had the ‘big’ reveal for our boys I think the joy and awe on there faces made it all worth it for my DH!

I love my husband today b/c he has given me a bit of a break from the boys so I can do laundry, the boys are happily playing in their new room! A peaceful, happy home is why I love my husband today, he helped make it happen!!! Next project… our room!!!😃 Now tonight DH will be able to come home to a clean peaceful home with a happy wife and children. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top