One reason I love my spouse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mirror_Mirror
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sick yesterday and didn’t even stand from the couch the whole day. We have two young kids ages 4 and 2. They destroyed the house. I was feeling better this morning but I was dreading to come down stairs because I knew how the house looked last night before going to bed. When I woke up this morning the house was clean. My husband took care of the cleaning while I slept. He told me this morning after I called to say thank you that he knew how much I will dislike to see the house the way it was in the morning. So Today I love him more because of this act he did to me…
 
Greetings, Everyone!

I am new to this thread and welcome the opportunity to say and to read positive things about my spouse. We have NOT been blessed with an “easy” marriage and twice knocked on divorce’s door. Today, however, we have the most open, honest and respectful marriage relationship we could ever have dreamed of.

We are so different from each other, and every day is a struggle to make decisions to love each other (…being patient, kind, etc.–God’s definition!).

Today I am thankful that my husband has made a decision to love me “in good times and bad, for better and worse” because he CHOOSES to and NOT because he feels like it.
 
I love that my husband is patient, which is especially important, because I’m not!
I love that he takes care of all the annoying little details that come with owning a home.
 
Today, I love my husband for going to a job he’d really rather not have to endure so that he can provide food, clothing and shelter for the two of us.
 
Today, I love my husband for going to a job he’d really rather not have to endure so that he can provide food, clothing and shelter for the two of us.
Ditto on this one! 👍

Today I love my husband for his gentle, caring ways. He made sure to take care of bringing home dinner last night since he knew I am in no shape to cook. 😉 He then gave the kids their baths and got them ready for bed. :love:
 
Today I have decided to love my husband despite his angry demeanor over a financial matter that was not my fault, but that is the way he sees it … it is only his perception, but to him it is real and valid and it deserves to be respected.
 
Even while she is 28 weeks pregnant, has a broken bone in her foot, homeschooling 2 kids, trying to watch our other 2 kiddos, she does not complain about it AT ALL! I am sure that if I was in the same situation, I would be whining, but she does not. She is a trooper and many times seems like the energizer bunny. You are my inispiration sweetheart!
 
today i love my spouse because he’s so generous to his kids. it’s supposed to be my job to help my daughter figure out how to assemble and affix all the parts to her wedding table centerpieces.

ive been so busy. i woke upt his morning to find that my good husband figured out a system using hot glue gun and pvc pipe.

the guy is 6 foot 5 and is making wedding table centerpieces for his daughter’s wedding.

he’s wonderful.

(when one of them gets completed, i’ll post a pic. they’re gonna be really really pretty.)
 
Today I love my husband because he reminds me to take care of myself and spoil myself a little.
 
He’s at home with the baby today, while I work at my job that is coming to an end tomorrow.

He found out earlier today that the 12 oz. of milk I pumped yesterday all went sour due to excess lipase - a problem I had back when the twins were little, but which hadn’t been affecting my milk at all until yesterday, and now it’s suddenly as bad as ever again. The baby won’t take the milk, and he had to open up the back-up formula.

Then the baby spit-up (or rather, projectile-vomitted) on him about an hour later.

Poor guy. He must be relieved to know that my last day is tomorrow. Although then there is pressure on him to find a job before our money runs out, so 🤷 not sure if he really is or not
 
…because he loves me, despite the fact we are in the middle of an argument. He’ll still take care of me and do things for me, even though I am upset with him right now over something quite valid.
 
This weekend my husband and I are giving witness talks during three Masses at a large church in our community. We briefly share our story of an 18+ year abusive marriage and tell the congregation that there is help and hope for their marriage, too, through Retrouvaille. I love him because he continually makes a decision to love me in good times and bad, for better and for worst.
 
Because he misses me even when we’ve only been separated for 48 hours. 🙂
 
I love my wife today more than I did yesterday. That is how I feel each and every day. In reflecting back to our weekend I cannot help but smile as I realize how much she cares about me, about God, about our faith, about our children, and about our marriage. (of course other things as well) We took the time to attend a talk by Christopher West on an introduction to Theology of the Body and it was amazing. It was good to hear the things that he had to say and to reaffirm our love of each other. This is an important teaching and while at times some of it was over our heads, we really enjoyed it. What a blessing to have a wife that strives to live these teachings with me.
 
Is because when he realized that I forgot to change the time on my alarm, he woke me up.
 
Today I love my husband because he stripped and remade the bed, cleaned up the carpet and brought all the yucky bedding down to the laundry room at 2:00 this morning when our 6 year old threw up during the night. And then he took our oldest to school so the Kindergartener wouldn’t have to get out this morning even though he seems a little better (knock on wood).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top