S
Seraphim73
Guest
I’m afraid you misunderstand the Gospel my friend. The suffering inflicted upon the Church and the countless martyrs and confessors are the great glory of Orthodoxy.Orthodoxy received the retribution of God for rejecting reunification at the Council of Florence in 1537. Just a few years later you lost your cathedral church, the Haggia Sophia, to the moslems and it stands today as a mosgue and should be a vivid reminder to all the Orthodox of rejecting God’s will. The Jews rejected the Messiah and lost their temple to a pagan army and the Orthodox did likewise.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. - Matthew 5:11-12
Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. "But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. - John 15:20-21
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
http://s21.postimg.org/asajgvn7b/agioi_neomartyres_syghroni_foriti_eikona_moni_xe.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/uk8910nr7/pf13.jpg