C
Chris_W
Guest
Having a discussion with a friend of mine about OSAS and he argues that Matt 7, 22-23 which says, "On that day many will say to me,
I was aruging that the parable of the vine and the branches provides evidence that one can in fact be born of God thru Baptism and then be cut off from the vine.
His homework is to come up with a good interpretation to the vine & branches parable…mine is to respond to the quote from Matthew…
Any ideas how to respond to this?
Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’ confirms his arugment that if one falls into sin after their acceptance of Jesus as Savior, it must not have been a legitmate conversion…they were never really saved to begin with, because God says He never **knew them.I was aruging that the parable of the vine and the branches provides evidence that one can in fact be born of God thru Baptism and then be cut off from the vine.
His homework is to come up with a good interpretation to the vine & branches parable…mine is to respond to the quote from Matthew…
Any ideas how to respond to this?