F
flyingfish
Guest
I thought that given your 12 years education/employment in the field you’d know of some studies without having to do the research.Hey, the burden of proof lies with the alarmist. You should do the research yourself. It’s not hard to find. Unfortunately, the internet isn’t the best source, but you could google any number of terms to get some background, from “Julian Simon” to “Overpopulation” to “environmental alarmist” or “skeptical environmentalist.”
The research that I’ve done contradicts what you say.
Like you keep claiming that modern farming techniques don’t deplete the soil, cause it to become salty etc. Everything I read (including the national geographic article quoted a few posts above) says otherwise. Do you have access to anything that supports your position?
I mean, you claim that hydroponics can feed our growing population. How about a paper that studied the costs of hydroponics and whether it can be implemented in such a way that all the world’s people can be fed.
Likewise for the technologies you claim exist today that can provide all the world’s people with a lifestyle like our own. It’s not just about whether a technology exists, but how much resources its use requires. We have the technology to send every human being to Mars too, but in terms of the resources we have available to us today we cannot.
As for the burden of proof, both “sides” are making claims.
I have access to academic journals, so if it’s not too much trouble I would prefer studies.If you have access to academic journals, I could dig up my old notes and provide references. I could provide references to my textbooks and other supporting books, if that would help you. I could refer you to professors and scientists. What would you most prefer? I’ll see if I can find a little time to provide some, in between more important things like fixing up my house to prepare for rent and looking for a different job.