Parish Dissent from Church Teaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcoming all sinners—absolutely… Condoning sins—absolutely not…

Yes, I am a sinner too…
 
Last edited:
Indeed, with faithfulness and obedience, one can expect to be spiritually transformed and healed in the Catholic Church. But if one enters the Church and expects the Church to change its mission and faithfulness to Christ to reflect one’s personal agenda, one can expect no success, but more likely than not, rebukes.
 
Last edited:
No, you are not old fashioned.

I am very disturbed at what some dioceses and parishes are doing regarding homosexuality and pride events. This is very clearly not coherent with church teaching.

Do we have a duty as Catholics to report these actions to Rome, or to dioceses if it happens on a parish level?
Some will undoubtedly disagree with this, but I believe it is our responsibility, when our clergy fails us, to take up the duty to uphold Church teaching. As members of the Church and whatever parish you are a member of, it is our RIGHT to be guided faithfully by the clergy and to not be intentionally subjected to false teaching propagated by an official organ of the Church.

People will probably argue that it’s not a hill to die on, it’s none of our business, etc., but that is simply put, wrong thinking. It is our business. Simply letting this issue go is the easy way out. So if this were to happen at a parish I was attending, I would pursue it. You will likely hit a brick wall and no one at the diocesan level or at the Vatican will care. But you can at least know that you did your utmost to stop this heresy. I think doing nothing is not an option. In a situation like this, souls are at stake.
 
Last edited:
I’m not going to comment on what a parish/diocese does or what they promote, if I don’t have firsthand knowledge of what going on. But what I find shocking about this is that the OP is essentially saying the Church is no place for sinners.
 
This doesn’t obscure the fact that the Church is no place for celebration of sin.
 
Last edited:
If they are actively and unrepentently engaging in sodomy they are excommunicated. Not in communion.
Though I suppose they could still be “parish members.”
 
If they are actively and unrepentently engaging in sodomy they are excommunicated. Not in communion.
You mean they are in a state of grave sin and likely out of a state of grace.

One doesn’t get excommunicated for sodomy, whether heterosexual or homosexual.
 
Last edited:
Unrepentently means they are not going to confession. They are also denying Church teaching if they are living an actively, unrepentent homosexual lifestyle. Call it what you like-- they are not in communion.
 
“Excommunication” refers to a specific process of the Church. It should not be used to mean other things. The distinction is pretty important.
 
Last edited:
Most posters here have seized on one unfortunate phrase in the original post, when the real issue is parishes that openly support celebration of homosexuality.
 
So then the OP is just imagining it eh? No parish ever supports homosexual pride parades.

🤣🤣🤣
 
Last edited:
Somehow I don’t think all dioceses would listen.
 
Last edited:
There’s a difference between “imagining” and wanting to write the Pope about stuff read in the media that’s happening half a world away. It is quite easy to get a wrong idea when you don’t live in or near the Parish in question.

But of course, if it feeds your narrative, feel free to post mocking remarks and laughing faces.
 
My “narrative?”
Are you denying that there aren’t parishes and even dioceses that tacitly or openly support “gay pride” events? Do you see anything wrong with such support?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top