Passage from catechism of trent

• Thread starter Thread starter angell1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some hairdressers are pretty fancy schmancy. I can see a doctor perhaps marrying the hairdresser who has special training/ skills that bring a big following, or who owns their own popular salon, or is just an extremely beautiful “trophy” perhaps because of having mad styling and fashion skills. But most educated people are not going to want to have a relationship with, or marry, service staff unless the person is temporarily working some service job to put themselves through graduate school or the like. Most such staff would not know how to dress, make conversation or behave in a social setting around other doctors or lawyers, and the way they carry on their personal lives and family lives is unlikely to meet the expectations of the doctor or lawyer. Furthermore, in many cases there would be such a huge power imbalance between the educated and non-educated parties that it would throw up a red flag for relationship issues. I’m sure there are exceptions to this, but an exception proves the rule.

Last edited:
Some hairdressers are pretty fancy schmancy. I can see a doctor perhaps marrying the hairdresser who has special training/ skills that bring a big following, or who owns their own popular salon, or is just an extremely beautiful “trophy” perhaps because of having mad styling and fashion skills. But most educated people are not going to want to have a relationship with, or marry, service staff unless the person is temporarily working some service job to put themselves through graduate school or the like. Most such staff would not know how to dress, make conversation or behave in a social setting around other doctors or lawyers, and the way they carry on their personal lives and family lives is unlikely to meet the expectations of the doctor or lawyer. Furthermore, in many cases there would be such a huge power imbalance between the educated and non-educated parties that it would throw up a red flag for relationship issues. I’m sure there are exceptions to this, but an exception proves the rule.
Wow! I’ll just leave it at that.

You can “wow” if you want. Most of my friends are service workers (I grew up not very well off, I don’t relate well to the upper middle class/ country club set) and most of my workmates for the last 25 years have been lawyers. I’ve known a number of doctors too. I’m telling it like it is.

Muting this now as it seems like many posters on this thread are not posting from any kind of real world perspective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back