M
Mary_Christ
Guest
I almost agree with you. When attending any House of Worship, one must be very careful not to see any living being or statue as an idol. It is what a person has in their heart that Jesus evaluates, which may be seen in their outward behavior. Idols are not for worship, Jesus is.I’m surprised no one has spoken to this, DP, but you are in fact in error in this regard and are actually doing what is called “poisoning the well” when it comes to discoursing here among Catholics whose (name removed by moderator)ut you can easily dismiss as unreliable because of the religious practices of the Catholic faithful, including the Pope. This is, of course, a subject that should be addressed in another thread, so if you would like to have a discussion - without making accusations - then please begin such a thread.
Also, Jesus has ears to hear with, eyes to see with, a brain to evaluate with, and a heart to forgive with. Therefore, one only needs to confess with their heart directly to Jesus with repentance to be forgiven, Keep in mind that Jesus did ask His Father’s creation to confess one to another. This act is mainly to assist in putting pressure on the sinner to keep the person from the sin (s)he confessed. Because of the wickedness of the world, people cannot be trusted to hear another’s confession anymore, mainly because of gossip, but a priest, a clergy can be trusted to hear such confessions.
When I am in a House of Worship, although I marvel at the statues present and praise Jesus for such skills that man can do, I also, in my:heart: heart know that these are only of stone and not anything at all.