Penn & Teller's "Holier Than Thou" attacks Mother Teresa

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lucania
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lucania

Guest
I was just on The Catholic League website. Aired on Showtime earlier in the week, Penn & Teller’s show called Holier Than Thou’s episode named Mother F’ ing Teresa. It was an assault on her and her order The Missionaries of the Poor. This is terrible folks! Bill Donohue from The Catholic League was holding a Press Conference today at the same time that a shareholders meeting was taking place for Viacom(who owns Showtime). Here’s the link to read about it at www.catholicleague.org. This is the lowest of lows.:mad:
 
The way to win is to personalize it. Make Summer Redstone the issue. Shame him. He has a history of degrading our culture. And if the next CEO does the same, shame him or her. Make them pariahs. Make these CEO’s explain to their wives, kids and friends why their family name is in disgrace. These corporate heads want respect. They have all the money they need.
 
Showtime contact info:

Robert Greenblatt, President, Entertainment
Email: robert.greenblatt@showtime.net

Matthew C. Blank, Chairman/CEO
Email: matthew.blank@showtime.net

Peter Keramidas, Exec. VP, Programming & New Media Content
Email: peter.keramidas@showtime.net

Gary Levine, Exec. VP, Original Programming
Email: gary.levine@showtime.net

Pancho Mansfield, Sr. VP, Development, Original Programming
Email: pancho.mansfield@showtime.net

Sharon Byrens, VP, Motion Picture Development
Email: sharon.byrens@showtime.net

Matthew Duda, Exec. VP, Program Acquisitions & Planning
Email: matthew.duda@showtime.net

Faye Katz, Publicist
Email: faye.katz@showtime.net

Their phone numbers are on the net
 
You know what the wonderful victory of all of this is? In a hundred years or so, no one will even know who “Penn and Teller” were but Mother Teresa will live on!
 
Oh please, Penn and Teller are the ones who were rambling on about how smoking cigarettes doesn’t hurt you right? They are magicians for crying out loud, when did they become doctors and theologists? The scary thing is I’ve read on other forums (again heh) where people actually USE quotes form them to justify not believing in God. You know people also use George Carlin as a reason not to have faith too?? It’s a joke, it’s a bloody joke, let’s just doubt thousands of years of theology and teaching because Penn and Teller and George Carlin said so!
 
Thanks for the e-mail contacts. Here is what I am saving as a draft. Did borrow a choice comment, hope you don’t mind. Please critique it before I send it out:

I cannot believe that Showtime would allow the airing of Penn & Teller’s attack on Mother Teresa. It was unadulterated vitriolic hatred, akin to the attacks that Nazi Germany perpetrated via its public media and entertainment community against the Jews in the last century. Not only was it vile in its content, this also represents a new low demonstrated by Viacom and Showtime for airing this episode.

If a similar show had been aired by Penn & Teller vilifying Jews or Blacks, the Jewish Anti-Defamation League and the NAACP would have been hot down the backs of Viacom and Showtime. It wouldn’t happen, though, to any group such as these two that I gave as examples because your corporation is well aware of what economic and public relations damage such fallout resulting from airing a similar diatribe against the aforementioned groups would cause. I do believe that your company has seriously miscalculated in its assumptions that Catholics would be meek, and not present a formidable and unified force to stand against this program which was not only bigoted and hate-filled, but full of lies and misconceptions.

I will be notifying my cable company to remove Showtime from my programming list. I have it blocked now, and refuse to pay another dime to support a company that would allow this despicable piece of programming to air. I am also contacting everyone that I know who is Catholic about this situation, and am encouraging everyone to boycott Showtime and any other production made by your company.

I have one last observation to make before I close:

The irony of this is that in a hundred years or so, no one will even know who Penn and Teller were, but there will be no doubt who Mother Teresa was or who the Missionaries of Charity are. And there is absolutely no doubt that the Catholic Church will still be alive and strong. I can’t predict the same will hold true for either Showtime or Viacom.
 
I got the emails from the Catholic League today, this is so sad. 😦 :mad:
 
Penn & Teller are morons as are all “celebrities” that make anti-christian comments.

They’re about as intelligent as a urinal cake.
 
40.png
MarilynIN:
Thanks for the e-mail contacts. Here is what I am saving as a draft. Did borrow a choice comment, hope you don’t mind. Please critique it before I send it out:

I cannot believe that Showtime would allow the airing of Penn & Teller’s attack on Mother Teresa. It was unadulterated vitriolic hatred, akin to the attacks that Nazi Germany perpetrated via its public media and entertainment community against the Jews in the last century. Not only was it vile in its content, this also represents a new low demonstrated by Viacom and Showtime for airing this episode.

If a similar show had been aired by Penn & Teller vilifying Jews or Blacks, the Jewish Anti-Defamation League and the NAACP would have been hot down the backs of Viacom and Showtime.
It wouldn’t happen, though, to any group such as these two that I gave as examples because your corporation is well aware of what economic and public relations damage such fallout resulting from airing a similar diatribe against the aforementioned groups would cause. I do believe that your company has seriously miscalculated in its assumptions that Catholics would be meek, and not present a formidable and unified force to stand against this program which was not only bigoted and hate-filled, but full of lies and misconceptions.

I will be notifying my cable company to remove Showtime from my programming list. I have it blocked now, and refuse to pay another dime to support a company that would allow this despicable piece of programming to air. I am also contacting everyone that I know who is Catholic about this situation, and am encouraging everyone to boycott Showtime and any other production made by your company.

I have one last observation to make before I close:

The irony of this is that in a hundred years or so, no one will even know who Penn and Teller were, but there will be no doubt who Mother Teresa was or who the Missionaries of Charity are. And there is absolutely no doubt that the Catholic Church will still be alive and strong. I can’t predict the same will hold true for either Showtime or Viacom.
Nicely done.
 
40.png
David_Paul:
Showtime contact info:

Robert Greenblatt, President, Entertainment
Email: robert.greenblatt@showtime.net

Matthew C. Blank, Chairman/CEO
Email: matthew.blank@showtime.net

Peter Keramidas, Exec. VP, Programming & New Media Content
Email: peter.keramidas@showtime.net

Gary Levine, Exec. VP, Original Programming
Email: gary.levine@showtime.net

Pancho Mansfield, Sr. VP, Development, Original Programming
Email: pancho.mansfield@showtime.net

Sharon Byrens, VP, Motion Picture Development
Email: sharon.byrens@showtime.net

Matthew Duda, Exec. VP, Program Acquisitions & Planning
Email: matthew.duda@showtime.net

Faye Katz, Publicist
Email: faye.katz@showtime.net

Their phone numbers are on the net
Done!
 
40.png
MarilynIN:
Thanks for the e-mail contacts. Here is what I am saving as a draft. Did borrow a choice comment, hope you don’t mind. Please critique it before I send it out:

I cannot believe that Showtime would allow the airing of Penn & Teller’s attack on Mother Teresa. It was unadulterated vitriolic hatred, akin to the attacks that Nazi Germany perpetrated via its public media and entertainment community against the Jews in the last century. Not only was it vile in its content, this also represents a new low demonstrated by Viacom and Showtime for airing this episode.

If a similar show had been aired by Penn & Teller vilifying Jews or Blacks, the Jewish Anti-Defamation League and the NAACP would have been hot down the backs of Viacom and Showtime. It wouldn’t happen, though, to any group such as these two that I gave as examples because your corporation is well aware of what economic and public relations damage such fallout resulting from airing a similar diatribe against the aforementioned groups would cause. I do believe that your company has seriously miscalculated in its assumptions that Catholics would be meek, and not present a formidable and unified force to stand against this program which was not only bigoted and hate-filled, but full of lies and misconceptions.

I will be notifying my cable company to remove Showtime from my programming list. I have it blocked now, and refuse to pay another dime to support a company that would allow this despicable piece of programming to air. I am also contacting everyone that I know who is Catholic about this situation, and am encouraging everyone to boycott Showtime and any other production made by your company.

I have one last observation to make before I close:

The irony of this is that in a hundred years or so, no one will even know who Penn and Teller were, but there will be no doubt who Mother Teresa was or who the Missionaries of Charity are. And there is absolutely no doubt that the Catholic Church will still be alive and strong. I can’t predict the same will hold true for either Showtime or Viacom.
Well put! You covered everything:clapping:
 
40.png
David_Paul:
Showtime contact info:

Robert Greenblatt, President, Entertainment
Email: robert.greenblatt@showtime.net

Matthew C. Blank, Chairman/CEO
Email: matthew.blank@showtime.net

Peter Keramidas, Exec. VP, Programming & New Media Content
Email: peter.keramidas@showtime.net

Gary Levine, Exec. VP, Original Programming
Email: gary.levine@showtime.net

Pancho Mansfield, Sr. VP, Development, Original Programming
Email: pancho.mansfield@showtime.net

Sharon Byrens, VP, Motion Picture Development
Email: sharon.byrens@showtime.net

Matthew Duda, Exec. VP, Program Acquisitions & Planning
Email: matthew.duda@showtime.net

Faye Katz, Publicist
Email: faye.katz@showtime.net

Their phone numbers are on the net
David_Paul, thanks for the contact information.
 
I sent a email to every last one of those listed. anyone have any idea, of who would be the best person to contact by phone in regards to this situation?
 
This is only the tip of their blasphemy. About 2 years ago, here in Las Vegas, where Penn and Teller play, there was a birthday gala for another magician, the “Amazing Randy” or someone like that. Penn and Teller’s contribution to the evening was for one of them (I forget which) to be wheeled onto the stage depicted as Christ on the Cross (all Glory and Praise to the sweet Passion of Our Savior). The other one of them stood behind the cross and simulated copulation with the figure on the cross. So it isn’t merely the saints of God or the holy religious these men mock, it is the precious Redeemer Himself and the Act whereby the redemption of the world is made possible. There was hue and cry in the paper, the diocese had us write letters to the editor, etc. If you come to visit Vegas, have nothing to do with Penn and Teller or Lance Burton, another magician who attempted to defend their actions.
 
It is fashionable to attack Catholics. It will never go out of style 🙂
 
It is fashionable to attack Catholics. It will never go out of style 😦
 
Another attempt by washed-up celebrities to boost their sagging notoriety. About 10 years ago, they were all over TV if I recall correctly & I guess now they just want the attention back and will stoop to any spiteful, juvenile antics to get it. Besides, magic shows are pretty lame if you ask me & I’d never pay to see one - of course, if it’s Penn & Teller I wouldn’t even take a free ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top