B
buffalo
Guest
The only unforgivable sin is the sin of despair, that is believing that there is a sin which God will not forgive. He will forgive ANY sin no matter how grave if you just ask.
Loving God,I am very sorry that my first post to this has to be such a downer, but I don’t know how else I can express my deep sorrow and dire state. For the past several weeks I have been in a state of fear, panic, sorrow, and intense sadness. My past sins and mistakes I cannot forgive or forget, and their weight on me is more and more unbearable. I have prayed and prayed over them asking the good Lord for His forgiveness and mercy – but I cannot shake my fears my fears and deep intense worries as these mound. Each day I dread the dawn after another restless and sleepless night because I am afraid that I will face more worries, more fears, more dread. I find it hard to rest, eat, enjoy anything or even function. I am blessed with so many things that I know I am losing and driving away my wife, family and friends.
I am SO desperate for peace and relief and forgiveness Jesus. I pray to You each night and day, yet I cannot forgive myself or find any solace. Worry is with me constantly. Lord, I am not only asking for your mercy and forgiveness, but I also continue to ask for You to help me trust, believe and understand. I am so afraid, the fears and worries and anxiety are just too much — my own hell here on earth. Jesus, I long so much for your words of comfort, for relief, for some type of peace and for strength.
I humbly ask for all of your prayers and support – it just seems too much for me. I pray for all who suffer like me, and for all the intentions on this forum. May God Bless,and thank you.
B
Jesus said this parting words to His followers, it still holds true to us, His modern followers:To all the members and prayer intentions. Thank you.
I am so awestruck by your outpouring of prayers and advice. I pray for you as well. I will continue to pray and seek our Lord. I just want some peace, so happiness, some time where my mind and worry just stops for a few minutes.
The next 2 weeks will be very, very difficult for me and my familiy, so I thank you in advance for your continued prayers. I know that I am not alone, but so often I feel I am totally alone.
May the God Lord bless you and your families.
Thank you for all for your kindness and prayers. I know that sins are sins, and I trust from my heart that I am not going to selfishness and careless like this ever again. I cannot ever conceive of being so petty — but WHY cannot I accept HIs forgiveness, what is at work that keeps me from even trying to accept His great love and peace.
B
You did not state whether you have been absolved of your sins or not. Have you confessed them during the Sacrament? This is BIG.
Christ’s peace be with you.