Not open for further replies.
40.png
jsk:
Have You Been Served?
Are you being served! But you’re right, they’re funny! 🙂

40.png
Celia:
Ooooh…currently drooling over picture of Hampton Court Palace…😃

There’s tons of historic places I’d want to visit in Britain. The Tower, for instance, where Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard are buried.
Anne’s remains were buried at the Chapel of St. Peter ad Vincula. Her cousin Katherine was buried next to her.
40.png
Celia:
I think the crown jewels are there as well.
Yup!
40.png
Celia:
I’m having a brain fart here but what is the name of the palace where Elizabeth I and her sister Mary are buried? That one too.
Westminster Abbey. Mary was her half sister.

http://www.guide-faraday.co.uk/westm abbey.jpg

This is a picture of her tomb-

http://www.elizabethi.org/uk/death/ertomb.jpg
40.png
Celia:
I think the Boleyn family estate is still in existence as well, right? What is it called, Hever? And I think I’ve heard there’s parts left of where the Queen of Scots was imprisoned by Elizabeth for so many years.
Hever Castle is very near where I live and a favourite of mine; absolutely beautiful. There’s a few pics of it here: -

tudorhistory.org/castles/hever/gallery.html
40.png
Celia:
Or the palace at Hatfield but I don’t know if that still exists or not.
The old Palace of Hatfield was Elizabeth Ist’s childhood home

larae.net/photo/england/hatfield/

It still exists.

Very impressive Celia; you have a good grasp of history! 🙂

40.png
Shoshana:
One thing I did not mention to be proud of England is that we share the same…QUEEN!
I’ve met the Her Majesty. I was chosen to represent the Cubs when she visited our District. I was very proud and nervous. She was lovely. I do think that she is a fantastic stateswoman and someone who works very hard at an extremely difficult job. She is selfless in her pursuit and has lived her entire life for her country.

J.R.R. Tolkein
the Beetles
G.K. Chesterton
Malcolm Muggeridge
John Henry Newman
Ronald Knox
Charlie Chaplin

J.R.R. Tolkein
the Beetles
G.K. Chesterton
Malcolm Muggeridge
John Henry Newman
Ronald Knox
Bob Hope
Charlie Chaplin

The men! They are great at conversation AND if they are out out on a date or in a group setting they always pay for everything. 🙂 But they still expect me to have a brain, which is even more important!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back