Postpone the Election?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChuckB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What should the more educated do?
I think I have been misunderstood when I stated that the more educated need to step up.

The 2016 election had such a low turn-out that it allowed Trump to win on a “technicality”. Three districts in three critical states swung the Electoral vote in his direction. We all know that he did not win the popular vote. Yet, he initiated an investigation into voting fraud that everyone knew was simply his ego not having the ability to accept that he won on a technicality.

Regardless if you like Trump or not, you have to give him credit for his excellent ability to be a modern day Carnival Barker; P.T. Barnum has been the comparison. Sadly during the 2016 campaign, it became apparent that this false conservative was consuming the attention of the media. The media he so despises could not stop giving him attention and he worked it to his advantage.

From May 1, 2015 to April 30, 2016 - Trump’s medium share of Cable News mentions was fifty two percent. That means that all the other Republican Candidate split the remainder.

Trump received seventy eight percent more coverage on CNN between August 24th and September 4th, 2015. By December 2015, Trump had received more evening news coverage; 234 minutes than the entire Democratic field. By contrast, Ted Cruz had received seven minutes.

Trump received the most coverage even before he lead the polls. He gets more coverage than past Presidents. As President, his rambling monologues are detached from facts and his policies, receives more air time than the carefully crafted speeches of his predecessors. As mentioned numerous times from the media, this coverage attracted the support of the less educated among us. Those who would easily sell out their ideology to a demigod that conjures up deep seeded tribal emotions.

We need people to know that their votes make a difference and to get involved. They need to have the ability to have good discernment. That requires a little more intelligence than what is currently on display.
 
As President, his rambling monologues are detached from facts and his policies, receives more air time than the carefully crafted speeches of his predecessors
That’s something I don’t understand. He talks and touches on subjects after subject and doesn’t focus long enough to get to the point.

That’s why Sarah Cooper is so funny.

“We’re focusing on elements of sinks and showers”. It’s odd when the president rambles on about it.

I really wonder if people actually listen, or hear generous news reports. I listen to the news in the car. If that’s the only source of my Trump news, then he doesn’t seem so bad.

When I see what he actually says and tweets, I’m perplexed.

He just bragged that he did well on a cognitive test.

That really concerns me. Most people can pass that test. He’s bragging that he’s not suffering from dementia?

Person, woman, man, camera, tv.

I remembered it! Vote for me! (Joking 😉)
 
Which doctors (or witch doctors) say we already have some immunity to the virus? I’ve heard exactly the opposite: namely, that even people who have had the virus may not have immunity for very long.

I must disagree that the virus simply has to run its course and there was/is nothing we could do to stem the tide and reduce the number of people who are infected and who have died. I think this is exactly what Trump would have us believe but it is not the case. We, as a nation, could have been much smarter in the way we handled this virus. Now it may be too late.
 
Last edited:
Which doctors (or witch doctors) say we already have some immunity to the virus?
Beda M Stadler, the former director of the Institute for Immunology at the University of Bern, a biologist and professor emeritus. Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not believe that you have credible credentials to call him a witch doctor. He writes:
" I feel it is time to criticize some of the main and completely wrong public statements about this virus.
Firstly, it was wrong to claim that this virus was novel. Secondly, It was even more wrong to claim that the population would not already have some immunity against this virus. …"
Please continue to read his analysis:

 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top