Postpone the Election?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChuckB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting deja vu from 2016. We have

-Assurance that Trump will lose based on polls
-Fears that Trump won’t accept the results once he loses
-Talk about some sort of right-wing power coup

I’m legitimately concerned for liberals. When Trump wins (as is looking more and more likely), I foresee many of them having massive mental breakdowns possibly even worse than last time.
I really hope you’re right.

But I fear for Pres. Trump.

I think that Vice Pres. Biden will not actually make decisions as President, but will be controlled by a crew of ultra-liberals who will uphold policies that are so abhorent and anti-Christian that even those who absolutely despise Trump will be horrified that they actually voted for Joseph Biden.
 
If Biden won he’d be lucky to be president for 6 months before having to resign.
 
I’m getting deja vu from 2016
I don’t see the similarities…

Other than we should never “count our chickens before they hatch” - I cannot agree more. I did not like how the Press was all but counting the days to Hilary’s Inauguration. However, the truth is that Trump caught “lightening in a bottle” with the 2016 election. Less than thirty percent of eligible voters participated in primaries. Trump not being a Republican did not have the support of the party.

If you remember just some of the commons made by known conservatives:
  • Ted Cruz Stated that Trump was a pathological liar, a moral.
  • Rick Perry called him a cancer on conservatism that must be discarded.
  • Rand Paul An Orange face wind-bag, a speck of dirt is more qualified.
  • Marco Rubio Warn that Trump is dangerous and that we should not hand over the nuclear codes to him.
  • Mike Pence Stated to former Bush Advisor; Dan Senor - that Trump was “unacceptable”…than signed on as his Vice President
The result was that each one of them endorsed Trump; after November they will be singing another tune.

In summation, 2020 will be nothing like 2016. We only knew Trump as a Reality Show Host and apparently that was enough for a plurality of voters? He didn’t build his wall, we have a pandemic that has killed over a hundred and fifty thousand souls and years of embarrassing footage of lies and incoherent speeches.

We need the more educated among to step up.

True, we should “Never say never” …but it is apparent that even Trump knowns he needs a Hail Mary pass at this point in the game.
 
From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable.
Very well said.
 
From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable. As such, it isn’t surprising that most of them default to Democrat politics.
I agree with this broadly, however…
However, since their party preference is merely perfunctory, they are also the least likely people to take the time to vote.
Is this true? It was my understanding that it was generally those on a lower income and with less of an education that don’t vote at all. Even if your politics are “perfunctory”, voting is a big part of that performance. That’s mostly all that voting is, especially in America where the winning candidate can be known in a lot of states just by looking at historical voting patterns.

As an aside, I would say that not voting at all is probably more “non-conformist” than voting for the current president of the United States (or the vice-president of the previous one).
 
Last edited:
I’m getting deja vu from 2016. We have

-Assurance that Trump will lose based on polls
-Fears that Trump won’t accept the results once he loses
-Talk about some sort of right-wing power coup

I’m legitimately concerned for liberals. When Trump wins (as is looking more and more likely), I foresee many of them having massive mental breakdowns possibly even worse than last time.
I’m more concerned for liberals if the progressive left wins.
 
Last edited:
We need the more educated among to step up.

True, we should “ Never say never ” …but it is apparent that even Trump knowns he needs a Hail Mary pass at this point in the game.
What should the more educated do? Call for Pres .Trump to resign and call for VP Pence to run for President in his place? Sadly, I believe that VP Pence would get totally, absolutely slaughtered in the election because of his Evangelical Protestant Christianity–I LOVE it, but many Americans are offended by and afraid of what they consider fanaticism.

Call for another Republican to step up and run against Pres. Trump? That is not going to happen. It’s just not.

Or do you think that the more educated should vote for VP Biden and whoever he selects as his VP running mate? I don’t see how that is an intelligent choice for those of us who are opposed to the anti-life, high tax, pro-government regulation of all aspects of life policies of the current Democratic Party, and who believe that Joesph Biden will be controlled by others (more radical and not known to the public) if he wins the election.

Or do you think that the more educated should call for BOTH candidates to step down so they can be replaced by “intellectual” candidates? Who?! Anyone who has any brains at all would never, ever choose to run for political office! I’m being tongue-in-cheek here, but not totally–most intelligent people are more likely to devote themselves to a career or a vocation that requires intellect, and to look out for themselves and their families, friends, churches, clubs, towns, and all other things that they hold dear.

Or do you think that the more educated should get involved behind-the-scenes by becoming active in a PAC or lobbying or in an organization that attempts to influence politicians? I can go along with this, and I also think that we all need to be involved as much as we can with our local governments and issues.

I’m just not sure what you think “the more educated among us” should be doing.
 
We need the more educated among to step up.
One other thing that I know some will disagree with–often the “more educated” do not have the “social skills” to be able to converse with a variety of fellow human beings, to joke around, speak at a level that people understand, appeal to strangers, etc.

My brother-in-law is like this–he has earned two PhD.s in totally different subjects, and started a successful company in Silicon Valley–a highly-intelligent man who also happens to be a rock-solid political conservative and a lawyer–so he should be excellent at influencing people in political issues, right?

No. He’s awkward around others, and he has a way of appearing "snobbish"when he’s discussing the issues. People get the feeling that he looks down on them, and it makes them uncomfortable. And when he tries to be “just one of the guys,” it doesn’t come across well at all. Also, he’s totally impractical, and his health and personal life are a hot mess because he doesn’t relate well to even his close family. He’s tried dozens of churches over the last few years, BTW–just can’t find a place where he “can be fed.”

Again, I realize that there are intellectual people who are very good at relating to others, but I think they’re the exception. Interesting stat–medical laboratories (like where I work!) have a high percentage of staff members who have been diagnosed with Asperger’s–a syndrome that makes it challenging to relate to others!
 
I think that Vice Pres. Biden will not actually make decisions as President, but will be controlled by a crew of ultra-liberals who will uphold policies that are so abhorent and anti-Christian that even those who absolutely despise Trump will be horrified that they actually voted for Joseph Biden.
This is wacko conspiracy theory stuff.
If Biden won he’d be lucky to be president for 6 months before having to resign.
For what reason would he have to resign? Given his age I guess there is a possibility that health issues could sideline him, but Trump’s not that much younger. For what other reason would he have to resign?
 
I don’t think he has the mental capacity to be president. My father is pretty late into Alzheimer’s and see a lot of parallels with joe. Add in the stress of the job or president and I just don’t see how he can hold up to it.

Honestly I think we need some kind of age limit on the upper end for political office same as we have a minimum requirement.
 
This is wacko conspiracy theory stuff.
Maybe, but I got it from a liberal-turned-conservative (lived in NYC=Queens–the 'epicenter" during the COVID-19 crisis).

So what gave liberals the idea that VP Biden would be “President in Name Only”?

The liberal-turned-conservative plans to vote for Pres. Trump. 🤔
 
This is wacko conspiracy theory stuff.
Seriously, do you believe Joe Biden is capable of being president? Do you really believe he has cognition to run the county?

Whoever they pick for his running mate is going to be the one who will actually be the front man (or woman) and it has to be someone they can control.
 
From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable
Ouch.
However, since their party preference is merely perfunctory, they are also the least likely people to take the time to vote.
That is wrong. It’s the opposite.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
@ChuckB
Yes. He certainly is much better cognitively than Trump.
Well here is a link to 22 of his gaffes. Some can written off as just being misspoken and some as outright lies, but there are some the only explanation is a lack of cognition. This was written last November. There have been many more since then.

Predictably you will either use the “attack the source” bit or the “whataboutism” bit regarding Trump to avoid actually answering the question. I have yet to get a liberal to actually answer why they support Biden. Mostly the answer is because he’s not Trump. What is it about the platform of the left that makes you want to vote for it’s candidate?
 
I foresee many of them having massive mental breakdowns possibly even worse than last time.
And that’s saying something! We all remember what happened last time. College students having severe meltdowns. Therapy dogs were called in. Students were provided with “cry-in” rooms. One person who worked in Student Affairs at the University of Michigan recalled students; “sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.”

Now when you consider that these are twenty somethings, and not kindergartners, you really have to wonder about how we’re raising our children these days. I mean come on, Play-Doh…"cry-in rooms …coloring books…for college kids??? There’s something basically wrong with that, don’t you think?
 
So predictable. Rather than trying to explain Biden or defend your claim he does not lack cognition, the old “whataboutism” bit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top