Postpone the Election?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChuckB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of like Republicans demonizing their opponent because they can’t stand on their own record.
You mean a record like this?


Here are just a few of the 125. This is why he should be elected. We didn’t vote for him for his personality, we voted for him so he would do this.
-The Trump Administration is promoting second chance hiring to give former inmates the opportunity to live crime-free lives and find meaningful employment.
-Has had over a dozen US hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed
-President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.
-Trump issued an Executive Order prohibiting the U.S. government from discriminating against Christians or punishing expressions of faith.
-Trump’s OMB published new anti-trafficking guidance for government procurement officials to more effectively combat human trafficking.
-Trump’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations arrested 1,588 criminals associated with Human Trafficking.
-Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services provided funding to support the National Human Trafficking Hotline to identify perpetrators and give victims the help they need.
-The hotline identified 16,862 potential human trafficking cases.
-Trump received the Bipartisan Justice Award at a historically black college for his criminal justice reform accomplishments.
-In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill which enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society.
 
I’m also getting deja vu from 2016 when Trump was complaining the election was rigged. If he weren’t behind in the polls, he wouldn’t be talking about postponing the election at all, nor would he be so anxious about write-in voting. He differs from Nixon only in that he wears his heart on his sleeve, but much of the American public nowadays is just too stupid to realize what a phony he is.

And, for the record, I am neither a Trump nor a Biden supporter. The main reason why I don’t want Trump to win is that I couldn’t take listening to four more years of whining by the Democrats.
 
Last edited:
Of course this is terrible, and I’m sure Obama would have handled the situation better, certainly not worse. But I’m not so confident Biden is up to speed in handling the pandemic although he might have better advisers. And the economy? For that, we need an FDR, which Biden ain’t. Yes, Biden talks about a Green Deal for the country, and so on, but where, oh where, is the money going to come from in a deep recession? And with more or less a similar Congress in November, where is the will for a major overhaul of the economy going to come from? They can’t even decide on a second stimulus bill.
 
Last edited:
I’m saying I would think there are better people than Biden who can clean up the mess. I’m also saying I trust Biden even less with regard to economic growth than I do Trump. What practical, not pie-in-the-sky, plans does Biden have for the economy?
 
Last edited:
  1. butchering the response to the coronavirus that results in hundred(s) of thousands of dead Americans,
You do know this is just a leftist position given to the media to feed all of you, kind of like the Kool aide. You all don’t even know how much you are being manipulated.

My vote is just as valuable as yours. Your attempt to demean it is again predictable. Just FYI - I live in a very Red state.
 
Trump wasn’t doing so bad with the economy before the pandemic hit, was he?
 
Both parties are guilty of deficit spending. At this point, we’re probably never going to reduce the deficit, so what does it matter anymore?
 
I see. So, the economy has crashed n a middle of a pandemic that has grown out of control by the incompetence of Trump and you think Trump is going to be better for economic growth. Wow.
Were you asleep for the first three years of Trumps presidency? That you want to dismiss everything Trump has done, denying any and all accomplishments really speaks to your lack of credibility. Your hatred for Trump is front & center, outweighing anything else you may have to say.

I am done with this conversation. I’m muting this thread now.
 
I am being very serious here…
How did Trump improve the economy? It was recovering when he arrived and it continued but what specifically did Trump do to help? I realize that his tax cuts helped the upper half of the people…was that it? Wall Street certainly responded positively to it but was that enough? Job growth was increasing across all sectors. Can Trump claim credit for that or were there other factors driving it? Many of the job increases were in the service sector where pay is low…did the increase in jobs also raise overall wages?

I’m not any where near an economic specialist. So, I’m not always sure exactly what drives job growth and wealth increases for the middle class…which is where I want to see increases in wages. Not at the top.

Also, why are Republicans now totally silent on the deficit? They were screaming at the top of their lungs about it in the past, blaming the deficit on holding down wages and economic recovery from the 2008 crash. Please, educate me! Thanks in advance…
 
It’s more what he didn’t do, such as mandate the wearing of masks, wearing a mask himself, social distancing, closing the economy, having a national policy and protocol (the latter of which he DID have but did not follow), not allowing governors to reopen the economy prematurely and tweeting LIBERATE to encourage such reopening (especially bars, restaurants, and beaches), providing aid to the states earlier by invoking the Defense Protection Act for the production of PPE’s sooner, outlawing social protests, both Black Lives Matter nationwide and White Supremacists in Michigan.

To his credit were the travel bans from China and Europe, but that was not enough.
 
Last edited:
The main reason why I don’t want Trump to win is that I couldn’t take listening to four more years of whining by the Democrats.
Well, if Kamala Harris is vice president, it won’t be all that great to have to listen to four years of Kamala Harris.
To his credit were the travel bans from China and Europe, but that was not enough.
Well what more do you want. The GDP of the country has fallen through the floor because of the anti-covid 19 procedures. How low do you want the US economy to go? I don’t think that there is now or was ever a way to make a significant dent in the number of those affected by the virus. It just has to run its course and people have to get proper rest, eat right and exercise moderately to increase or develop a partial immunity to the virus. There are always going to be some who are more affected than others and there are doctors who say that we already have some immunity to covid 19, but it is partial, just as we have partial immunity to any flu. Many people have had the covid 19 and survived it OK with only home care.
 
Last edited:
I realize that his tax cuts helped the upper half of the people…was that it? Wall Street certainly responded positively to it but was that enough?
Here is the truth regarding the tax cuts. These are a couple of significant quotes taken from the article based on the IRS data analysis.
stimulate increased economic growth, which would result in increased job creation and personal income…The tax cuts also succeeded in targeting benefits at the middle class. Taxpayers reporting between $40,000 and $50,000 per year had the largest percentage tax cut of any group, with a 14.5% tax cut. Overall, those who earned less than $200,000 per year saw a 10.96% tax reduction with the sharpest reductions for those who earned between $25,000 and $100,000.

By contrast, those who earned over $1 million per year saw the smallest tax reduction (4.3%).
Job growth was increasing across all sectors. Can Trump claim credit for that or were there other factors driving it?
It appears many of the jobs were not just service jobs after all.


This is what happens when people tend to get their information from just a few sources and don’t try to find balance in what they are hearing/reading. Yes I am a conservative but I do not get all my news from Fox News. There are some shows on Fox I really do not like such as Lou Dobbs. I do look to other sources to find balance and no Breitbart is not one of them.
increases for the middle class…which is where I want to see increases in wages.
I saw more money on my paycheck. I work for my parish so what I earn there is definitely lower middle class wages. I’m not complaining since I really don’t need to earn a large income anymore, just stating a fact.
 
Here are just a few of the 125. This is why he should be elected. We didn’t vote for him for his personality, we voted for him so he would do this.
When evaluating a President, one of the things you have to look at is did he/she do things that anyone of their party would have done (revoking the HHS birth control mandate) or did he/she do things that were significant and unique.

Trump did things that were predictably Republican, in many cases.

Now, I do give him credit for criminal justice reform. Hard to tell whether it’s time had come or Trump actually did something unique.
 
Now, I do give him credit for criminal justice reform. Hard to tell whether it’s time had come or Trump actually did something unique.
I guess you’ll have to compare it to what Obama/Biden did during their 8 years in office regarding criminal justice reform. Especially since the population it most affected is black males, a part of the population they supposedly supported.
did he/she do things that anyone of their party would have done (revoking the HHS birth control mandate) or did he/she do things that were significant and unique.
Supporting the revocation of some of those “mandates” was not something the left would have ever done. I believe Trump supporting this did help move it along.
 
Supporting the revocation of some of those “mandates” was not something the left would have ever done. I believe Trump supporting this did help move it along.
True, but every Republican President would have done that. So, if Jeb had been elected, or Marco, or John Kasich, it would have been done.

My point is to separate “Predictably Republican” from “Great President”.
 
phaster, you are entitled to your opinions, but so are the rest of us, and there are many of us who have very different opinions than you. Editorial cartoons and funny pictures are not facts.

I spent part of the weekend at a lake community where we own a lot that my parents-in-law deeded over to us—it’s only worth a few thousand dollars, so please don’t think my husband and I are cash-loaded! But others in this community ARE well-off and own gorgeous homes (and there are also many who own little pre-fab homes and little A-frames).

We talked to quite a few of these people, who could be considered “intelligent” by any standards. They were solidly for Pres. Trump. There were many who did sigh and wish that the President would stay away from Twitter and stop speaking extemporaneously in public. Nonetheless, they supported his policies and hope that he will be re-elected. AND…they were solidly and utterly opposed to seeing VP Biden elected to the Presidency and establish a Democratic Party Executive administration.

Heck, even my liberal-leaning entertainment industry daughter is planning to vote for Pres. Trump and so are many of her friends who recognize that a person’s personality isn’t as important as his work and the results of that work.

Just depends on who you converse with! And make no mistake–there are still plenty of Americans who plan at this time to vote for Pres. Trump again. The polls were wrong four years ago, and I believe (opinion) they will be wrong again. Many of the conservatives in this country are just not involved with social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and so you don’t hear from us unless you talk face to face with us–or check in with the old-fashioned online forums like CAF.
 
Last edited:
Now, I do give him credit for criminal justice reform. Hard to tell whether it’s time had come or Trump actually did something unique.
Today he tweeted that the Boston marathon bomber should be executed. He also reinstated federal executions.

And the pardons he’s given? Sheriff Arpaio? Rod Blagojevich? Roger Stone?
 
Today he tweeted that the Boston marathon bomber should be executed. He also reinstated federal executions.

And the pardons he’s given? Sheriff Arpaio? Rod Blagojevich? Roger Stone?
Well, with Trump “there’s a tweet for that”.

I think that the reforms have been long needed. The fact Trump can’t help pardoning his cronies and wanting maximum punishment for some just shows the illogic in his governing.
 
From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable.
Bunk. I have a B.Sc. in chemistry and worked as an applied scientist and IT analyst all my working life. First of all you need critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Secondly, just being Catholic and going to Mass every Sunday makes me far from « acceptable » in the more popular circles of my society.
 
I’m saying I would think there are better people than Biden who can clean up the mess.
I got the impression that there are a number of people that preferred other candidates, but thought that Biden was the best suited to beat Trump.

The concept of electability is a bit strange and may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Some people don’t vote for the candidate they think is best because they think the person could not win. But the person could possibly win of those that thought the candidate was best would vote for him or her.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top