C
ChuckB
Guest
It won’t happen of course, but I found this to be an interesting “what-if” read.
I really hope you’re right.I’m getting deja vu from 2016. We have
-Assurance that Trump will lose based on polls
-Fears that Trump won’t accept the results once he loses
-Talk about some sort of right-wing power coup
I’m legitimately concerned for liberals. When Trump wins (as is looking more and more likely), I foresee many of them having massive mental breakdowns possibly even worse than last time.
I don’t see the similarities…I’m getting deja vu from 2016
Very well said.From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable.
I agree with this broadly, however…From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable. As such, it isn’t surprising that most of them default to Democrat politics.
Is this true? It was my understanding that it was generally those on a lower income and with less of an education that don’t vote at all. Even if your politics are “perfunctory”, voting is a big part of that performance. That’s mostly all that voting is, especially in America where the winning candidate can be known in a lot of states just by looking at historical voting patterns.However, since their party preference is merely perfunctory, they are also the least likely people to take the time to vote.
I’m more concerned for liberals if the progressive left wins.I’m getting deja vu from 2016. We have
-Assurance that Trump will lose based on polls
-Fears that Trump won’t accept the results once he loses
-Talk about some sort of right-wing power coup
I’m legitimately concerned for liberals. When Trump wins (as is looking more and more likely), I foresee many of them having massive mental breakdowns possibly even worse than last time.
What should the more educated do? Call for Pres .Trump to resign and call for VP Pence to run for President in his place? Sadly, I believe that VP Pence would get totally, absolutely slaughtered in the election because of his Evangelical Protestant Christianity–I LOVE it, but many Americans are offended by and afraid of what they consider fanaticism.We need the more educated among to step up.
True, we should “ Never say never ” …but it is apparent that even Trump knowns he needs a Hail Mary pass at this point in the game.
One other thing that I know some will disagree with–often the “more educated” do not have the “social skills” to be able to converse with a variety of fellow human beings, to joke around, speak at a level that people understand, appeal to strangers, etc.We need the more educated among to step up.
This is wacko conspiracy theory stuff.I think that Vice Pres. Biden will not actually make decisions as President, but will be controlled by a crew of ultra-liberals who will uphold policies that are so abhorent and anti-Christian that even those who absolutely despise Trump will be horrified that they actually voted for Joseph Biden.
For what reason would he have to resign? Given his age I guess there is a possibility that health issues could sideline him, but Trump’s not that much younger. For what other reason would he have to resign?If Biden won he’d be lucky to be president for 6 months before having to resign.
Maybe, but I got it from a liberal-turned-conservative (lived in NYC=Queens–the 'epicenter" during the COVID-19 crisis).This is wacko conspiracy theory stuff.
Seriously, do you believe Joe Biden is capable of being president? Do you really believe he has cognition to run the county?This is wacko conspiracy theory stuff.
Seriously, do you believe Joe Biden is capable of being president? Do you really believe he has cognition to run the county?
sloancaprice for the win!Yes. He certainly is much better cognitively than Trump.
Ouch.From personal experience, “educated” people (having at least a Bachelor’s) are some of the most conformist members of society. They don’t necessarily have much skill at critical thinking, but they do know what decisions to make in order to appear acceptable
That is wrong. It’s the opposite.However, since their party preference is merely perfunctory, they are also the least likely people to take the time to vote.
Well here is a link to 22 of his gaffes. Some can written off as just being misspoken and some as outright lies, but there are some the only explanation is a lack of cognition. This was written last November. There have been many more since then.Yes. He certainly is much better cognitively than Trump.
And that’s saying something! We all remember what happened last time. College students having severe meltdowns. Therapy dogs were called in. Students were provided with “cry-in” rooms. One person who worked in Student Affairs at the University of Michigan recalled students; “sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.”I foresee many of them having massive mental breakdowns possibly even worse than last time.