A
aziul
Guest
Count me in! I pray the Holy Rosary every night before i go to sleep! I love the Rosary!

I pray the rosary too before i go to a sleepCount me in! I pray the Holy Rosary every night before i go to sleep! I love the Rosary!
![]()
See: **Secret of the Rosary ** (by St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfrot) montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html roses Forty-One to Forty-Nine to answer your question. There is also another version of this book that gives additional help on how to meditate, (in an appendix) such as adding āJesus crowned with thornsā or a relevant excerpt to the mystery to the Jesus in each Hail Mary and decade to remind oneself.Becuase no one wants to answer my question
And I repeat,
I am still learning but I will try to answer your question from personal experience. At first when I prayed the rosary I would picture a still scene for each mystery, then gradually without prompting from myself it turned more into a āmovieā scene, sometimes āinteractiveā sometimes not. My advice to you would just be to start praying, commit to it and see what happens. Let it come naturally.Becuase no one wants to answer my question
Dear friend of the Confraternity, I beg you to restrain your natural precipitation when saying your Rosary, and make some pauses in the middle of the Our Father and Hail Mary, and a smaller one after the words of the Our Father and Hail Mary which I have marked with a cross, as follows:
Our Father who art in heaven, + hallowed by thy name, + thy kingdom come, + thy will be done + on earth as it is in heaven. + Give us this day + our daily bread, + and forgive us our trespasses + as we forgive those who trespass against us, + and lead us not into temptation, + but deliver us from evil. Amen. +
Hail, Mary, full of grace, + the Lord is with thee, + blessed art thou among women, + and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. +
Holy Mary, Mother of God, + pray for us sinners, now + and at the hour of our death. Amen.
At first, you may find it difficult to make these pauses because of your bad habit of saying prayers in a hurry; but a decade said recollectedly in this way will be worth more than thousands of Rosaries said in a hurry, without pausing or reflecting.
(continued next post)(The Admirable Secret of the Rosary, paragraph 127)
Distractions During the Rosary
Our minds will always tend to wander when praying the Rosary. So, when you encounter distracting thoughts during the meditations, you can do several things:
⢠First, take a brief mental ātime outā and do what you can to recognize the content of your āwanderings.ā
⢠Then look at the distractions psychologically and seek to explain to yourself *why *they are happening just at that moment and *what *they are telling you about the current difficulties and challenges you face in your life.
⢠Then look into the mystery of the Rosary in which these distractions occur for guidance in addressing your current challenges.
⢠Finally, struggle back to the prayer.
He gives a personal example of this here. On the same page he elaborates on the psychology of distracting thoughts during prayer.
I bade you gather a little bouquet of devotion, and what I mean is this. When walking in a beautiful garden most people are wont to gather a few flowers as they go, which they keep, and enjoy their scent during the day. So, when the mind explores some mystery in meditation, it is well to pick out one or more points that have specially arrested the attention, and are most likely to be helpful to you through the day, and this should be done at once before quitting the subject of your meditation.
(Introduction to the Devout Life, Chapter VII. The Conclusion and Spiritual Bouquet)
Above all things, my daughter, strive when your meditation is ended to retain the thoughts and resolutions you have made as your earnest practice throughout the day. This is the real fruit of meditation, without which it is apt to be unprofitable, if not actually harmfulāinasmuch as to dwell upon virtues without practising them lends to puff us up with unrealities, until we begin to fancy ourselves all that we have meditated upon and resolved to be; which is all very well if our resolutions are earnest and substantial, but on the contrary hollow and dangerous if they are not put in practice. You must then diligently endeavour to carry out your resolutions, and seek for all opportunities, great or small.
(St. Francis de Sales, Introduction to the Devout Life, Chapter VIII. Some Useful Hints as to Meditation)