President Bush booed

• Thread starter Thread starter TPJCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is just tasteless to boo someone who is attending a funeral. EVERYONE is there to pay their respects for the Pope, no need to bring politics into a time like this.

40.png
Blake002:
I think that is just tasteless to boo someone who is attending a funeral. EVERYONE is there to pay their respects for the Pope, no need to bring politics into a time like this.
I absolutely agree. We hate being judged because of who we are, our religion, etc… Just leave him alone.

The president is held in very low regard throughout many parts of the world, but the funeral for the Holy Father is no place to express it.

40.png
Blake002:
Also keep in mind, I am a Democrat. They shouldn’t use this place and time to show their displeasure with him.

40.png
Blake002:
I agree.

Our beloved Pope would’ve embraced him like he embraced the man who shot him…we should look through his eyes and not our own…

Bush has every right to be there…

Christ is risen…truly He is risen!
Shoshana

40.png
Shoshana:
Our beloved Pope would’ve embraced him like he embraced the man who shot him…we should look through his eyes and not our own…

Bush has every right to be there…

Shoshana
They also said that the Prime Minister if Israel and the leader of Syria shook hands today at the funeral, im sure that is what I heard on TV.

On the one hand, I think this was tasteless and the wrong place to show dissatisfaction with the U.S. president.

On the other hand, since all his public appearances are before hand-picked crowds who usually have to sign loyalty oaths and protestors are moved to “free speech zones” out of sight, when else are they going to boo him? 😛

In all seriousness, though - obviously, Bush and JPII clashed over things like the Iraq war, but Bush has just as much right as anyone else to be there. In fact, I think he’s kept a fairly low profile - it’s not his fault if the cameras zoom in on him. If he hadn’t attended the funeral, he would have been criticized for NOT attending.

Wow, that was really Christian of them. Did they not learn anything from our pope??

I was wondering that too :confused:
My heart broke for the President and his wife.
I really think they are swell and I appreciated them being there.
40.png
StratusRose:
Wow, that was really Christian of them. Did they not learn anything from our pope??

40.png
Blake002:
Yeah, go and tell THAT to Clinton.
It was reported that he was seen on the streets of Rome, while the Bushes’ kept a low-key profile.

At least the Bushes remembered WHY they were in Rome/Vatican City.

40.png
Edwin1961:
It was reported that he was seen on the streets of Rome, while the Bushes’ kept a low-key profile.

Oh, a single guy in roaming Rome…oh wait, he’s married. *I forgot! 😃 *

It’s tasteless and unchristian, but I won’t worry about it too much. It could have been just 10 or 20 people and the press made it sound like more. They like to portray the whole world as hating us.

40.png
Edwin1961:

So Clinton can’t go out and see Rome while he is there? LOL, Again, bring politics into a funeral, Give me a break! People have to remember that no matter what Bush, Clinton, Kerry or Kennedy do someone is going to find it as being wrong. I HATE how we all judge others at everything they do!

40.png
Blake002:
They also said that the Prime Minister if Israel and the leader of Syria shook hands today at the funeral, im sure that is what I heard on TV.
Code:
You heard right, Blake…they also said that this could be the first miracle…👍

Shoshana

40.png
Bill_A:
BOOOOOOOOOO!
Bill, that is awful:tsktsk: I disagree with Clinton in the slaughter of children and Kerry as well.But they attended the funeral of our Holy Father and were in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist!Have you forgotten about the grace of God?Why not pray for the president if you have problems with him?How perfect are you?I know I am not.Please be charitable and remember you hate sin Not the sinner,and if you have a problem withth actions of someone a funeral of the Pope who forgave his would be ASSASIN is NOT the place to express it.God Bless

Booing the President at the Popes funeral was uncalled for… and bashing Clinton cause he is sightseeing is stupid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back