President Bush booed

• Thread starter Thread starter TPJCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
MidnightSun02:
And I am sure that Pope John Paul II felt quite the opposite, I assure you. President Bush had every right to be there, as well as the thousands and thousands of people who attended.
Or else, like everyone else, no right… all were welcomed to the privelege, grace, and blessing, just as the Holy Father had welcomed us all in life to experience the love of God.

I think it important to note that Mr. Bush expressed the appropriate sentiment: a sense of gratitude for the opportunity to be there–even more so afterward than before. He expressed no sense of entitlement to be there or to exclude those he didn’t approve of.

I disagree with Mr. Bush a great deal, but I saw nothing but admiration for the Holy Father and reverence for the occasion from him. Something to think about, for those demonstrators who thought themselves greater proponents of peace than the president–how could they let him outflank them in peaceful, civilized behavior?

40.png
Shoshana:
Our beloved Pope would’ve embraced him like he embraced the man who shot him…we should look through his eyes and not our own…

Shoshana
I know that a good Catholic like you wouldn’t be comparing President Bush to the likes of an assassin.
Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back