President Bush booed

• Thread starter Thread starter TPJCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Matt25:
Which terrorist attacks against the USA specifically has Iraq been proven to sponsor? The dates, times and places please.

Which government department has published this purported letter? How often have President Bush, Dick Cheney or Condi Rice mentioned it in public?

The fact that the same intelligence forces which failed to defend the USA against the September 2001 attacks and wrongly accused Iraq of having WMD also alleged on the basis of ‘sources’ that there was a link between Iraq and al Qaeda does not constitute proof.

President Bush has himself, and in public, said that there was no proven link between Iraq and the September 2001 attacks. Now why would he do that if he possessed this devastating letter?
The Pope had invited President Bush there in life,this was the Pope funeral 😦 He should not have been boo’d:nope: That is low:banghead:

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
The Pope had invited President Bush there in life,this was the Pope funeral 😦 He should not have been boo’d:nope: That is low:banghead:
I agree that Mr Bush should not have been booed. I was responding to lisa n who decided to use this thread as another excuse to implicitly repeat the lie that Iraq was somehow involved in the September 2001 attacks. It does no honour to the memory of John Paul to use his funeral as another excuse to justify a war he abhorred. It does no honour to the Catholic faith to repeat lies as if they were truth as lisa n is fond of doing when it comes to Arabs.

40.png
leonardoboff:
The attendance of the Bush delegation at the funeral was an insult to the memory of John Paul II.
I find your post to be offensive and an insult to all Christians. Way to go UK! I find it ignorant that some posters get to always bash the US, and here on a Christian forum. Is it so that we have diversity online? I have had it and I won’t ignore the insult at a time when we are mourning the Pope.

Oh yes, I will say a prayer that those of us that join a Christian Forum can remain Christian in our hearts when people say things that Jesus would be proud of. Pope John Paul II was a perfect example of being open to all people in the name of Christ.

The boo-ing of anyone at an occasion such as a funeral mass is just plain evil. This incident shows just how invasive evil can be. If you don’t have a pluck of sympathy for our President Bush because of this incident then perhaps you better pray and re-examine your conscience. :tsktsk:

I could say a lot, but I will limit it to this.
  1. I don’t like Bush.
  2. Nobody should be boo-ed at a funeral
  3. The majority of the world does not like Bush and should be allowed to show their disapproval in appropriate ways. This includes standing up against parralels which are too often drawn on this forum between Bush and being a good Christian.
  4. I’m sick and tired (anyone recognize THAT phrase??) of my fellow Americans on this forum who try to marginalize non-American who speak out against Bush. Wake up and smell the coffee folks- they are your Catholic brothers and sisters, their opinions are just as valid as your own, and for goodness sake- if they say something against Bush, please stop taking it as a personal attack against the US.
Thanks.

Agreed 100%. Some ppl have no class…and those that booed definelty have no class.
40.png
Blake002:
I think that is just tasteless to boo someone who is attending a funeral. EVERYONE is there to pay their respects for the Pope, no need to bring politics into a time like this.

40.png
Steph700:
  1. I don’t like Bush.
  3. The majority of the world does not like Bush and should be allowed to show their disapproval in appropriate ways. This includes standing up against parralels which are too often drawn on this forum between Bush and being a good Christian.
  4. I’m sick and tired (anyone recognize THAT phrase??) of my fellow Americans on this forum who try to marginalize non-American who speak out against Bush. Wake up and smell the coffee folks- they are your Catholic brothers and sisters, their opinions are just as valid as your own, and for goodness sake- if they say something against Bush, please stop taking it as a personal attack against the US.
Thanks.
Let me echo your sentiments. It’s an unfortunate fact of life that many Americans have difficulty seeing themselves as others see them.

I just read an extremely interesting article in The American Conservative magazine. The American Conservative is edited by Pat Buchanan, the conservative American television commentator. This article is called ‘Party Crashing’ and was written by a college student at William and Mary named Marcus Epstein. The article describes events at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, DC. I attended one or two CPACs in my younger days, and, from what is described here, I’m not missing much. It pretty much describes what passes for conservative sentiment these days

The author writes, in part:

The only antiwar voice that got a chance to speak directly against the administration’s foreign policy was the venerable John Basil Utley of Conservatives for Peace. Mr. Utley was given a mere 3 minutes on a 10 man panel, and I heard several people cough obscentiies about him as he spoke.

While the Conservatives for Peace booth was not very popular, an outfit selling “Freedom Gear” was. Their tasteful t-shirts included one with a likeness of an Abrams tank and the words “Iraqi Roadkill Is What’s For Dinner”. Another had a Frenchman waving a white flag and the words “We Salute You”. When the vendor asked me if I would like to buy the shirt, I told him I didn’t think the French were cowardly. He snapped back that they quickly negotiated peace in World War II. I explained to him that 1.3 million French died in World War I, more than all American war deaths in history, and since over 100,000 died during World War II, their reluctance to fight is understandable. I also asked how he would like it if the French wanted to put troops in America. The response I got from the several people who had gathered around was, “What are you, a Democrat”? This apparently meant communist, because they also sold shirts that said “What Blue States? All I see is Red” with hammers and sickles strewn across the West Coast, Northeast, and Upper Midwest.

*In fact, if one thing was apparent from CPAC, it is that foreign policy has become the defining issue for the Right, and anyone who opposes endless war will be derided as a liberal, anti-American, or worse. This is done at the expense of all domestic concerns - both social and economic. Although New York Post editor Ryan Sager complained that open borders advocates and supporters of homosexual marriage were not greeted with unqualified acceptance at CPAC, they were both treated with more respect than anyone who opposed the war. That people like Rudy Guiliani and Arnold Schwarzenegger are hailed as conservative heroes shows that many conservatives are willing to sacrifice almost any principle for electoral success and war. *

France opposed the Iraq war because…they were making money with the deals they had with Suddam.
40.png
Matt25:
Just to be clear. There was no connection between Iraq and the September 2001 attacks on the USA. Did France opose the invasion of Afghanistan where al Qaeda actually was based?

40.png
Steph700:
  1. I don’t like Bush.
Thanks.
I think some should show some manners on this forum/thread.
Its President Bush and some like him some don’t.
Its true no one should be booed at a funeral.
I think the key word here is appropriate. Because to draw such a conclusion calls for knowlege they don’t have. President Bush is a lot better than some I have read…especially those on this forum who say they are catholic but I suspect are CINOs.
All people have opinions but they are not all valid. Some of our catholic Foreign friends are anti american…and it most definatly is a personal attack. They never met an anti american idea they didnt’ support…they blame america first, etc.
I am proud to be an american and proud of my country and I support my President. I do not always agree with him and some times must state my case .
I’ll borrow a phrase…Wake up and smell the coffee…
Liberalism is a sin and the Democratic party is going down hill and has become the party of kook left wing ideas and abortion mongers. It wsn’t always that way…you people need to take it back . Make it the party it use to be…for the average guy…etc.

I

40.png
Jeffrey:
France opposed the Iraq war because…they were making money with the deals they had with Suddam.
Same reasons Germany and Russia opposed the war.

I don’t believe this thread was started to offer opportunity for anti-Bush forum users to express their hatred toward our president. Those that have said a single negative thing about Bush in this ‘President Bush booed’ thread are no better than the boo-ers at the funeral! HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT and be quiet on this thread about your political feelings, examine your conscience and pray instead of gripe.If you don’t like being in this country with Bush as president then get a load off somewhere else (not this thread or forum) or move to a different country!

“Loyalty to the country, always. Loyalty to the government, when they deserve it.”

I’ve traveled outside of the US quite a bit but less than 10% of all Americans have ever left the country or even hold a passport. Quite frankly, repeating the “anti-American” mantra sounds like the repeat of some politician’s talking points.

40.png
aimee:
I think some should show some manners on this forum/thread.
Its President Bush and some like him some don’t.
It was bad manners for me to call him Bush?? Is it bad manners for me to call Pope John Paul II JPII? I don’t think so, but if you take this as bad manners I’m probably a very rude person in your book b/c I call the pope JPII all the time.
Its true no one should be booed at a funeral.
I’m glad we agree on this.
President Bush is a lot better than some I have read…especially those on this forum who say they are catholic but I suspect are CINOs.
Are you implying that people who do not like Bush are not true Catholics?
All people have opinions but they are not all valid. Some of our catholic Foreign friends are anti american…and it most definatly is a personal attack. They never met an anti american idea they didnt’ support…they blame america first, etc.
Perhaps some of them are anti-American but I’ve met very very few here. I’ve also met very few non-Americans here who have been treated fairly on this forum when they state the reasons they don’t support Bush. It just isn’t right for them to be treated as anti-American if they express distrust or disapproval of the administration.
I’ll borrow a phrase…Wake up and smell the coffee…
Liberalism is a sin and the Democratic party is going down hill and has become the party of kook left wing ideas and abortion mongers.
Oh Aimee, you and I both know that there are just as many right wing kooks.

40.png
gnjsdad:
Let me echo your sentiments. It’s an unfortunate fact of life that many Americans have difficulty seeing themselves as others see them.

I just read an extremely interesting article in The American Conservative magazine. The American Conservative is edited by Pat Buchanan, the conservative American television commentator. This article is called ‘Party Crashing’ and was written by a college student at William and Mary named Marcus Epstein. The article describes events at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, DC. I attended one or two CPACs in my younger days, and, from what is described here, I’m not missing much. It pretty much describes what passes for conservative sentiment these days

The author writes, in part:…
OH MY GOSH.

As a former neo-conservative myself (up till 2003), I am so embarassed by this.

Anyone have a link to this article? The orginal link doesn’t seem to work anymore.

40.png
Steph700:
It was bad manners for me to call him Bush?? Is it bad manners for me to call Pope John Paul II JPII? I don’t think so, but if you take this as bad manners I’m probably a very rude person in your book b/c I call the pope JPII all the time.

I’m glad we agree on this.

Are you implying that people who do not like Bush are not true Catholics?

Perhaps some of them are anti-American but I’ve met very very few here. I’ve also met very few non-Americans here who have been treated fairly on this forum when they state the reasons they don’t support Bush. It just isn’t right for them to be treated as anti-American if they express distrust or disapproval of the administration.

Oh Aimee, you and I both know that there are just as many right wing kooks.
As we say here…Bless your heart. 😃

40.png
Binney:
I don’t believe this thread was started to offer opportunity for anti-Bush forum users to express their hatred toward our president. Those that have said a single negative thing about Bush in this ‘President Bush booed’ thread are no better than the boo-ers at the funeral! HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT and be quiet on this thread about your political feelings, examine your conscience and pray instead of gripe.If you don’t like being in this country with Bush as president then get a load off somewhere else (not this thread or forum) or move to a different country!
Well. 🙂 Perhaps then, the author should have written it like this:

Subject: President Bush booed*
Message: *Please only post here to show great remorse over the treatment of our Blessed… I mean, President Bush. If you support the most Holy… I mean President Bush, you are allowed to extoll his praise and credit him for leading us into a war with Iraq which is unjustified and unconnected with the attacks on 9-11, all in the name of money and power… I mean FREEDOM and LIBERTY. 😃 All political statements of the “right” perspective are allowed and encouraged!

If, however, you use this forum to express negative feelings toward him or his policies, as mentioned above, in response to right wing statements, please be prepared to be accused of bringing up “politics” inappropriately, of being called rude, or quite frankly, we will just make some below the belt generalizations about you being anti-American. We will also assume that if you have negative feelings toward the current administration that you should not only be asked to leave this forum, but also to move to another country so that we no longer have to hear any criticism and carry on in our world domination without distraction.
You have been warned.
Oh, give me a break! :rolleyes:

40.png
Steph700:
OH MY GOSH.

As a former neo-conservative myself (up till 2003), I am so embarassed by this.
neo-con :eek: you were? hmmm…well it doesnt show 😃

Pat Buchanan is an isloationist. He calls himself conservative but that doesn’t make it true. Anybody who doesn’t see things as he sees them gets the “neo-con” label.

I disagree with Bush on several things, most notably the stupid campaign finance reform law and immigration.
He also spends too much money.

However, I believe that he is a decent man who, in the case of Iraq, acted with good judgement. Hussein was a terrorist.

As for Europeans booing him, I make a mental note to boo Old Europe daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back