President Bush booed

• Thread starter Thread starter TPJCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am sure the brave “boo-ers” would stand firm when terrorism invades their homeland and would not want the US to come and help. They can call the French next time.

Honestly how tacky and tasteless.

Lisa N

Thank God for President Bush and the Republican Party! :blessyou: :bowdown:

40.png
Blake002:
I think that is just tasteless to boo someone who is attending a funeral. EVERYONE is there to pay their respects for the Pope, no need to bring politics into a time like this.
I agree.

Lisa N:
Well I am sure the brave “boo-ers” would stand firm when terrorism invades their homeland and would not want the US to come and help. They can call the French next time.

Honestly how tacky and tasteless.

Lisa N
I agree Lisa. This was not the appropriate time to express political view. The crowd’s focus should have been on showing respect for the Pope.

Kevin Walker:
Thank God for President Bush and the Republican Party! :blessyou: :bowdown:
Thank God for the Catholic Church (and Evangelical Christians too, have to give it up for them) for giving heart to the Republican Party.
Without the social conservatives, the party would be useless.

40.png
MooCowSteph:
It’s tasteless and unchristian, but I won’t worry about it too much. It could have been just 10 or 20 people and the press made it sound like more. They like to portray the whole world as hating us.
That’s what I was thinking! Even if it were only two people the reporters would have said that. They’ve just got to get their digs in.

Aunt Martha

Our beloved Pope would’ve embraced him like he embraced the man who shot him…we should look through his eyes and not our own…

Bush has every right to be there…

Christ is risen…truly He is risen!
Shoshana

Please be charitable and remember you hate sin Not the sinner,and if you have a problem withth actions of someone a funeral of the Pope who forgave his would be ASSASIN is NOT the place to express it.God Bless

My sentiments indeed…

Christ is risen…truly H eis risen!
Shoshana

who are just looking for something with which to find fault. Where’s the compassion? Where’s the forgiveness? Where’s the notion of giving one the benefit of the doubt before launching the accusatory finger and wagging it in the face?

Apparently with some, modeling your life after Jesus is just a thought in a book and not to be put into daily practice.

This goes beyond the bad taste of boo-ing at a funeral… not that that is not bad enough.

The Pope welcomed Mr. Bush to audiences on several occasions. It shows grave disrespect to the Holy Father’s hospitality to boo a man that the Holy Father welcomed as a guest during his life.

It is well-known that the Holy Father did not allow his differences with Mr. Bush to result in emnity. The truth is, he welcomed dialogue with many who held far less common ground! Yet again, the Holy Father is an example to us all.

It seems to me that the booers were more concerned with making Bush feel unwelcomed than honoring the memory of JPII.

How nice.

LisaN, once again, I agree with you. Very well said.

I’m sure that President and Mrs. Bush are accustomed to this rude behavior. The people doing the booing are the real losers.

Lets see, Europeans acting poorly and President Bush keeping his dignity. Yet he is the illiterate cowboy?

I was very proud of how he was so respectful and did his best to keep the focus on PJPII.

Did anyone notice that both Laura and Condi wore a mantilla? That was a classy sign of respect in my opinion.

I’m with you Lurch104.

The Bush’s and Condi were very respectful and I’m ashamed to say the Italians were not. I’ve got Italian blood in me but it’ll be awhile before I return there. They are all wigged out about that hostage/reporter that was ACIDENTALLY killed by the US troops. They can’t seem to find any forgiveness in this matter and they are showing that they haven’t forgiven nor forgotten this incident even though JPII is no longer of this world. God help us!

I didn’t hear nay boos on TV. It might have been a very small contingent that bood President Bush. I don’t think a large amount of people would be focused on who would show up and then cheer and boo their favorites. I suppose there were some obviously but I think the AP report exagerrated this.

40.png
Shoshana:
Our beloved Pope would’ve embraced him like he embraced the man who shot him…we should look through his eyes and not our own…

Bush has every right to be there…

Christ is risen…truly He is risen!
Shoshana
Well said…

40.png
GuibertOfNogent:
In all seriousness, though - obviously, Bush and JPII clashed over things like the Iraq war, but Bush has just as much right as anyone else to be there…
The number of things Bush and JPII agree upon greatly outnumbered what they clashed over. The liberal media knows this.

Personally, I doubt that he was thrilled to hear that politicians were claiming a connection to him when they had histories with anti-Catholic bigots, elitist tendencies in governance, and had caused the deaths of innocents worldwide.

It’s really a shame that politicians attempt to use the Holy Father and claim that he is on their side. It’s equally sad when their supporters do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back