R
Ridgerunner
Guest
Of course I am. It was as plain as plain gets. I realize Democrats like to imagine that Trump would solicit Russian help on camera. But that’s just partisanship taken to its most stupid extreme.You can’t be serious.
I don’t threaten anyone. But we are commanded to “admonish the sinner”.But to threaten others with “eternal torture” is not a good idea.
When, I wonder, did it not.As for the trend going on, the Vatican keeps complaining about ongoing secularization, about the empty pews, and other negative signs within the church
Sure. And many get drunk and angry and commit adultery and watch porn and steal and cheat. And hopefully, they confess and repent. But it does no good to persuade oneself that sinful behavior is not sinful. One needs to own up to one’s sinfulness rather than puff up in one’s vanity.Many Catholic couples practice active birth control, many Catholic women have no problem with abortions,
Sure. And some don’t like incense or “social justice” fixation in sermons. Even St. Paul had his complaints about people in the Church.many Catholics oppose the celibacy of the clergy, the lack of ordination of women, also are dissatisfied with the way the church handled the sexual scandal in the clergy.
We’ll see, or perhaps the next generation will. But the gates of hell, we’re assured by Christ Himself, will not prevail against the Church.So the signs are not promising for a renewal in the “right” direction.
Actually, right now they’re incompatible.Democrat and Catholic are not opposites
Depends on what you mean I guess. Are there faithful Cahtolics who doubt the existence of God or simply can’t believe in Him? I’m sure there are. But Faith and belief are not the same things. We’re not required to have belief; only faith.Or, is the phrase “atheist Catholic” an oxymoron???