T
T700
Guest
I think in all charity, you might want to very gently explain to Father the implications of that sort of language in English. I’d hate for him to pop off an F bomb with the bishop and find himself transferred to whatever the diocesan equivalent of Siberia is!Wow, hot topic.
I personally wouldn’t take any offense, and would be glad that my confessor takes the sincerity of my confession so seriously. On the other hand, he should have been more tactful and gauged whether or not you were a person that would be offended by such language.
My confessor has, more than once, instructed me to: “tell the devil to f*** off when he tempts you”, which took me aback, but English is his second language and I know that in his native language there are no words that are so offensive (the only ‘bad’ words they have involve God, or one’s mother).
Paul