L
Livelaughlove17
Guest
my first impression of princesses was from the book that my parents gave me : the princess and the kiss a story about purity by jennie bishop
I guess I had my fill by then. Have a great time!I find this funny because when I get married I want a veil with a tiara. I dress in jeans and t-shirts everyday and would not be caught dead in a dress normally but my wedding day is the one day that I want to dress like a princess. Oh and I plan on riding one of my horses to up to the church in my wedding dress.
I think I just knew that it was a short term kind of thing feeling princessey. Lol, but I did actually have a great childhood making cubby houses, I still played with barbies, I rode my bike and explored and made things like craft type things or artYou must have been a wise child then, because most kids don’t have that kind of insight, especially as little kids.
I have to agree with this. We have all seen the girls that have Daddy wrapped around their fingers because they are his princess. Even when they are manipulating their dad, the dad just says “anything for my baby girl.” The problem is, she grows up thinking that guys will want to lavish her with their Love, no matter how she treats them.It’s from their father that they get the pattern of how a man treats a woman. Then again, sometimes it’s overdone and the effect is a young woman used to treating other people, especially men, as service staff, thinking she’s entitled to mistreat people, shortchange them, lie (white or not) or just cut them out of the loop because she > you.
Can’t this be done in moderation (and I ask this as a guy who actually has financial reasons for keeping it that way)?I have to agree with this. We have all seen the girls that have Daddy wrapped around their fingers because they are his princess. Even when they are manipulating their dad, the dad just says “anything for my baby girl.” The problem is, she grows up thinking that guys will want to lavish her with their Love, no matter how she treats them.
Now that is an awesome idea.You could always shoot for the Joan of Arc angle instead.
Yes, that’s the prototype for the “Diva” personality who treats men like an accessory, because that’s what her father was. A father who lets his daughter walk all over him and pays her to do it has turned her into a high-class prostitute. She gives a man her attention, for a PRICE. It’s a very distorted way of relating to people. Having a daughter that you love is not equal to allowing her to become a spoiled brat who thinks she DESERVES things, love, attention etc. from everyone around her. She’s just not that special. These little girls grow up to be insufferable, especially when they get out into the real world and get treated with indifference.I have to agree with this. We have all seen the girls that have Daddy wrapped around their fingers because they are his princess. Even when they are manipulating their dad, the dad just says “anything for my baby girl.” The problem is, she grows up thinking that guys will want to lavish her with their Love, no matter how she treats them.
Absolutely this. My daughter is big-time into princess stuff. But like 1ke, she also loves football, trucks and wrestling with daddy. My wife did well to move her a bit away from needing to dress up like a princess for Halloween and turned her onto being Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Good move in my book.Princess “stuff” doesn’t MAKE your girls turn into selfish divas.
Bad parenting does.
Little girls can enjoy dress-up and watching movies without delving into their deeper meanings and analyzing their feminist motives and/or senses of entitlement.
Healthy parenting mixed with allowing your little girls to play make-believe can (and does) result in little girls who grow up and out of these things.
Don’t blame the “stuff”.![]()
Geez! Don’t worry about that. Worry about the girls with low standards. Our country has a problem with absent fathers, girls receiving too much attention from their fathers is NOT the problem.I have to agree with this. We have all seen the girls that have Daddy wrapped around their fingers because they are his princess. Even when they are manipulating their dad, the dad just says “anything for my baby girl.” The problem is, she grows up thinking that guys will want to lavish her with their Love, no matter how she treats them.
I think this is a great post; I think many girls (myself included) have had a princess phase. For me, that was followed by and interwoven with a tomboy phase as well. I think that the most important aspect is the motivation: is a girl obsessed with everything princess because it’s fun, she likes to play dress up, and that bolsters her imagination? Then, in my opinion, it is fine. It only becomes problematic when she starts adopting the attitude and starts wishing/believing herself to be a princess rather than cultivating her own identity.I survived the princess fever of my youth ok. Just make sure she understands that princeses come in all shapes and sizes. The Authorian legend about Ragenal might be a good story to bring up also Shrek. Those are good examples where beauty isn’t the primary focus rather character is.
Just as an aside… you’ve probably heard the Orthodox Christians give the Eucharist (I think on silver or golden spoon) to infants.I find this funny because when I get married I want a veil with a tiara. I dress in jeans and t-shirts everyday and would not be caught dead in a dress normally but my wedding day is the one day that I want to dress like a princess. Oh and I plan on riding one of my horses to up to the church in my wedding dress.
The Wedding Crowns
The crowns may be a wreath of flowers or an actual crown, gold with red velvet and jewels. The crowns have several rich symbolisms. They express the creation of a new household, a “kingdom” which they are charged to rule wisely and with full responsibility to each other and to God.The crowning is a sign of victory, just as athletes were crowned in ancient times at their triumphs. In this instance, the Bride and Groom are crowned on account of their growth as mature Christians, prepared for the responsibilities of a Christian marriage.
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/F...wns-in-cathedral-altar-ready-for-ceremony.jpgThe crowns also represent martyrdom, sacrifice and steadfast devotion. In marriage, the couple must deny themselves and take up their cross as they relate to their spouses in building up the marriage, and to commit themselves as responsible parents to their children.
For anyone who is interested here the story of Ragnelle and GawainI survived the princess fever of my youth ok. Just make sure she understands that princeses come in all shapes and sizes. The Authorian legend about Ragenal might be a good story to bring up also Shrek. Those are good examples where beauty isn’t the primary focus rather character is.
I have a soon to be 10 year old girl. I never bought that junk or promoted it with my daughter. Most of it is Disney because of a number of stories and characters but I know there is alot of other fluffy stuff out there which can be sickening. I knew an adult women into all the stuff and had princess this and that all over her desk. I felt like telling her to grow up. I don’t buy it and learn to ignore it in the stores and never encouraged it with my daughter. She is into soccer and sports so it now doesn’t matter at all. I one thing i dislike about princess junk is that I think it encourages an entitled attitude. I am a princess so you better treat me like one and get out of my way. That just encouraged snotty and better than you attitudes and actions. We should encourage our girls (and boys) to be kind, think and put others first. This princess and brats and other garbage does not do that. If people stop buying and watching these things on TV, there wouldn’t be a market. If you put your girl into dance, you will see and run into more of the princess stuff than if you choose to put her into a sport like soccer.I have a three-and-a-half year old daughter, and another sex-undetermined child on the way.
Anyway, I can’t stand all this “Princess” stuff being targeted at little girls. It’s everywhere. I believe it is disempowering and is the first step to setting them up for the media onslaught that for girls, “appearance is everything”.
Anyone else have an opinion on this?
what a concept!Of course, one could always let their child be a child and not consider them little adults.
Yes lets all start boycotting girly toys and TV shows. I also can’t stand the color pink, blue is much more edifying. We all know that girls who wear pink are full of themselves. I for one don’t want my girls thinking they’re special or something.I have a soon to be 10 year old girl. I never bought that junk or promoted it with my daughter. Most of it is Disney because of a number of stories and characters but I know there is alot of other fluffy stuff out there which can be sickening. I knew an adult women into all the stuff and had princess this and that all over her desk. I felt like telling her to grow up. I don’t buy it and learn to ignore it in the stores and never encouraged it with my daughter. She is into soccer and sports so it now doesn’t matter at all. I one thing i dislike about princess junk is that I think it encourages an entitled attitude. I am a princess so you better treat me like one and get out of my way. That just encouraged snotty and better than you attitudes and actions. We should encourage our girls (and boys) to be kind, think and put others first. This princess and brats and other garbage does not do that. If people stop buying and watching these things on TV, there wouldn’t be a market. If you put your girl into dance, you will see and run into more of the princess stuff than if you choose to put her into a sport like soccer.
You aren’t saying that kids can’t possibly pick up a sense of entitlement and get their priorities out of proportion by engaging in youth sports? You can’t mean that.I have a soon to be 10 year old girl. I never bought that junk or promoted it with my daughter. Most of it is Disney because of a number of stories and characters but I know there is alot of other fluffy stuff out there which can be sickening. I knew an adult women into all the stuff and had princess this and that all over her desk. I felt like telling her to grow up. I don’t buy it and learn to ignore it in the stores and never encouraged it with my daughter. She is into soccer and sports so it now doesn’t matter at all. I one thing i dislike about princess junk is that I think it encourages an entitled attitude. I am a princess so you better treat me like one and get out of my way. That just encouraged snotty and better than you attitudes and actions. We should encourage our girls (and boys) to be kind, think and put others first. This princess and brats and other garbage does not do that. If people stop buying and watching these things on TV, there wouldn’t be a market. If you put your girl into dance, you will see and run into more of the princess stuff than if you choose to put her into a sport like soccer.