C
Cattitude
Guest
I have been asked by a non-Catholic how these Scripture passages “work with” the doctrine of Purgatory and I need some help with the answer:
**Hebrews 8:12 **
For I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sins no more.”
**Hebrews10:17-18 **
17 he also says: “Their sins and their evildoing I will remember no more.”
18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer offering for sin.
**Isaiah 43:25 **
It is I, I, who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses; your sins I remember no more.
Romans 6:1
What then shall we say? Shall we persist in sin that grace may abound? Of course not!
**1John 3:5-9 **
5 You know that he was revealed to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.
6 No one who remains in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or known him.
7 Children, let no one deceive you. The person who acts in righteousness is righteous, just as he is righteous.
8 Whoever sins belongs to the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. Indeed, the Son of God was revealed to destroy the works of the devil.
9 No one who is begotten by God commits sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot sin because he is begotten by God.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
**Hebrews 8:12 **
For I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sins no more.”
**Hebrews10:17-18 **
17 he also says: “Their sins and their evildoing I will remember no more.”
18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer offering for sin.
**Isaiah 43:25 **
It is I, I, who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses; your sins I remember no more.
Romans 6:1
What then shall we say? Shall we persist in sin that grace may abound? Of course not!
**1John 3:5-9 **
5 You know that he was revealed to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.
6 No one who remains in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or known him.
7 Children, let no one deceive you. The person who acts in righteousness is righteous, just as he is righteous.
8 Whoever sins belongs to the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. Indeed, the Son of God was revealed to destroy the works of the devil.
9 No one who is begotten by God commits sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot sin because he is begotten by God.
Any help is greatly appreciated.