B
beartaich
Guest
Purgatory. I grew up in a Catholic home, went to Catholic schools and attended mass all the time because I “had” to. To this day, I cannot understand just WHY Catholics run off to mass every Sunday, (or Saturday night, so Sunday isn’t shot) arrive late, leave 20 minutes early, and wow, they “got it done” for the week. Then to believe in something like Purgatory, well, that is beyond my imagination.
We are saved through the Sacrifice that Jesus made on the Cross. We confess to God, not to a man (priest), we are to ONLY call ONE person “Father”, not another man (priest).
To believe in Purgatory is shameful. It would mean that the Crucifixion just wasn’t enough. I do know that when sins are forgiven, they are forgiven, as long as we are truly sorry for them.
I no longer belong to the Catholic church and I will not go back. Everything that I learned when I was a child in the 1950’s has been changed, deleted or forgotten about. I am happy to say that I have been born again, have been immersion baptised and have a much, much better understanding of God than ever before.
“I will remember no more…”
"Passage Hebrews 10:16-22:
18Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin."
As I mentioned, the thought of Purgatory is offensive and goes against the teachings of God.
We are saved through the Sacrifice that Jesus made on the Cross. We confess to God, not to a man (priest), we are to ONLY call ONE person “Father”, not another man (priest).
To believe in Purgatory is shameful. It would mean that the Crucifixion just wasn’t enough. I do know that when sins are forgiven, they are forgiven, as long as we are truly sorry for them.
I no longer belong to the Catholic church and I will not go back. Everything that I learned when I was a child in the 1950’s has been changed, deleted or forgotten about. I am happy to say that I have been born again, have been immersion baptised and have a much, much better understanding of God than ever before.
“I will remember no more…”
"Passage Hebrews 10:16-22:
Code:
16"(A)THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM
AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,
AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,"
He then says,
17"(B)AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS
I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
As I mentioned, the thought of Purgatory is offensive and goes against the teachings of God.