Rate the song above you

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocklobster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rocklobster

Guest
Got the idea for this from another forum. Basically it goes like this. Someone posts a song and the next person rates it and then posts one as well. I think it’s a great way to show off your musical tastes.
I’ll start with this classic. It’s one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs:
“Nobody Home”–Pink Floyd
 
Yikes, apparently a song about relationships seen through the eyes of a heroin addict.

0 to 10 rating scale?

In that it warns people away from falling into the mental pit of drug abuse, I’d give the song a 7. However, I’d only be able to listen to that song once. I would call that a song of lament or a mournful dirge.

My song, also a song of lament:

Miserere Mei Deus - Psalm 51

youtube.com/watch?v=fcWo1hKHu40

Translated to English:

Translation:

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness:
According unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

google.com/search?q=miserere+mei+deus+&rlz=1I7ADBR_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7
 
Yikes, apparently a song about relationships seen through the eyes of a heroin addict.

0 to 10 rating scale?

In that it warns people away from falling into the mental pit of drug abuse, I’d give the song a 7. However, I’d only be able to listen to that song once. I would call that a song of lament or a mournful dirge.

My song, also a song of lament:

Miserere Mei Deus - Psalm 51

youtube.com/watch?v=fcWo1hKHu40

Translated to English:

Translation:

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness:
According unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

google.com/search?q=miserere+mei+deus+&rlz=1I7ADBR_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7
How about “Te Deum” or “Holy God we Praise Thy Name”—this and Immaculate Mary are the two songs I remember the lyrics to and both are beautiful songs!
 
How about “Te Deum” or “Holy God we Praise Thy Name”—this and Immaculate Mary are the two songs I remember the lyrics to and both are beautiful songs!
Out of ten? Nine/Seven/Seven

Ok…Shine Jesus Shine…:eek:
 
Santana rocks!

The Beatles “In My Life” written by John Lennon
 
Sorry - not a big Bon Jovi fan… I’m going to give it a 2.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen youtube.com/watch?v=qe9PSliDG4M
7/10

Again, not much of a music judge but I like the guitar solo parts and the more “rock”-sounding bits. :o

Anyways, as much I hate Marilyn Manson and everything he stands for, this is the one and only exception:

This is Halloween - Marilyn Manson


Kinda suits the season don’t ya think? (Btw, I’d have actually posted some of the cool Halloween amvs that used this song but I fear they’re waaay too disturbing for these forums. XD)
 
Re: Bringing it Back:

Sorry, I don’t know if this counts, but I could only watch the 1st 5 seconds. It was too heavy metal/death metal or whatever for me. But I looked up the lyrics. 6/10 for the lyrics, although I cannot vouch for the morality of the lyrics.

Now my turn: “Otherside” by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
 
Re: Bringing it Back:

Sorry, I don’t know if this counts, but I could only watch the 1st 5 seconds. It was too heavy metal/death metal or whatever for me. But I looked up the lyrics. 6/10 for the lyrics, although I cannot vouch for the morality of the lyrics.

Now my turn: “Otherside” by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I’ll give it 7/10 for the smooth melody but the lyrics were kinda hard to follow. :o


Look Through My Eyes - Phil Collins


Pardon the AMV. :o I really like the song itself though.
 
Ahhh, Phil Collins is proper parent music!

Tupac - Starin’ Through My Rear View
 
I’ll give it a 7/10. Just promise you won’t send the cartels knocking on my door. >_<;;; (Jk :p)

New Divide - Linkin Park


Love both the song AND the movie.

ground shakes

Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I hear my car rumbling outside.

sees Decepticon head roll off

Oh wait, never mind. He won. ._.
I’ll give it a 6 (Just not my Lite FM style :))

My DS’s favorite song by Adam Sandler…( I like it too, makes me happy.)

youtube.com/user/SesameStreet#p/search/1/Py2f38iPBeI
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top