Rate the song above you

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocklobster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
6/10 - I’ve never been much of a Motorhead fan, but I do enjoy hearing new, interesting versions of old songs and I appreciate their effort. šŸ™‚

Speaking of which, here is a cover of Nightwish’s ā€œWishmasterā€ as done by the a capella metal band Van Canto. Yes, I said ā€œa capella metalā€. šŸ™‚

Van Canto - Wishmaster
 
6/10 - I’ve never been much of a Motorhead fan, but I do enjoy hearing new, interesting versions of old songs and I appreciate their effort. šŸ™‚

Speaking of which, here is a cover of Nightwish’s ā€œWishmasterā€ as done by the a capella metal band Van Canto. Yes, I said ā€œa capella metalā€. šŸ™‚

Van Canto - Wishmaster
I’m no metal expert but seeing as I’m currently writing a fantasy fic, I definitely needed a song like this. Thank you sir! XD

Anyways, I actually wanted to post another version of this song but my friend says this one is the best: Riders in the Sky - Outlaws

I prefer the Spiderbait version though. Then again, that’s probably cuz it seems to be the only version I wanna hear when I wanna imagine myself doing this:

ā€œLet’s ride! turns into his variation of a certain hellfire bounty hunter >B)ā€

P.S.

I almost forgot. I’m kinda running out of English songs here guys (at least ones that are suitable to this forum ><). So, uh, can I have the final all clear if we can include foreign songs in this game too? ><;;
 
Nice mix of cheerful tune and sad lyrics - very polished sixties sound. Also, this narrator is quite a sympathetic character, which is a plus in this kind of song; unlike the petrol-heads of ā€œTell Laura I Love Her,ā€ ā€œDead Man’s Curveā€ and ā€œLeader of the Pack,ā€ the other three songs that sprang to mind when I listened to this.

The song itself: 6/10. (I would have given it a seven, but found the rhyming a bit too predictable: car/far, kiss/miss, light/night and so on.)

Here’s my song to share:
youtube.com/watch?v=3JV74i4yvcA
 
Nice mix of cheerful tune and sad lyrics - very polished sixties sound. Also, this narrator is quite a sympathetic character, which is a plus in this kind of song; unlike the petrol-heads of ā€œTell Laura I Love Her,ā€ ā€œDead Man’s Curveā€ and ā€œLeader of the Pack,ā€ the other three songs that sprang to mind when I listened to this.

The song itself: 6/10. (I would have given it a seven, but found the rhyming a bit too predictable: car/far, kiss/miss, light/night and so on.)

Here’s my song to share:
youtube.com/watch?v=3JV74i4yvcA
7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=gh1m0eC1004
 
10/10

Beautiful… just beautiful… ;w; (Oh and while I’m not American, I say God bless all those brave men and women out there who pledged themselves to protect their country. šŸ‘)

Alas since, since I still have no indication if I can put up foreign songs, I think I’ll just stick to putting up some movie songs. :o

Say - John Mayer (from the movie, The Bucket List)
10/10

I’m not a big John Mayer song but I LOVE this song!

Now for one of my all time favorites!

youtube.com/watch?v=S58_FgEQnQk&feature=fvst
 
Meh, I’m not really a fan of Bob, so… 6.5/10

My choice: No Leaf Clover - Symphony and Metallica
 
Very nice blues choice, 9.0 and thanks, I now have another blues performer to listen to 😃

My choice today - youtube.com/watch?v=vYpXvptY3wY

System of a down - Lost in Hollywood

(please note there is some swearing though nothing to offensive) šŸ™‚
 
1/10

i just don’t like the singer. and not my type of music (even though i have a wide range of musical tastes) sorry
😃

Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
 
1/10

i just don’t like the singer. and not my type of music (even though i have a wide range of musical tastes) sorry
😃

Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
The song itself gets a 7/10 for good beat but incomprehensible lyrics.

However, I’m afraid it shall suffer a -5 penalty for the fact that you just randomly pulled it out of the internet. šŸ˜› (Oh and a -2 for your grammar.)
 
1/10

i just don’t like the singer. and not my type of music (even though i have a wide range of musical tastes) sorry
😃

Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
I’ll rate this because Lost Wanderer didn’t post anything new.

7.5/10

I like that this song has a lot of raw energy in it, you can really see how Nirvana really ushered in, for better or for worse, the modern rock sound. Granted, I don’t find it as good as Led Zep, or even U2 for that matter (ok, maybe tied with U2).

For some strange reason, I’ve got this ancient Hank Williams tune stuck in my head: Hank Williams - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1949)

For a slightly more modern performance, here’s Elvis’s cover: Elvis Presley - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1973)
 
I’ll rate this because Lost Wanderer didn’t post anything new.

7.5/10

I like that this song has a lot of raw energy in it, you can really see how Nirvana really ushered in, for better or for worse, the modern rock sound. Granted, I don’t find it as good as Led Zep, or even U2 for that matter (ok, maybe tied with U2).

For some strange reason, I’ve got this ancient Hank Williams tune stuck in my head: Hank Williams - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1949)

For a slightly more modern performance, here’s Elvis’s cover: Elvis Presley - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1973)
Yeah I know. My bad. I really just ran out of English songs here. I’m still waiting for the proper go-ahead if I can post songs in another language. >_<ll

Anyways, I’ll rate the Elvis song as about… oh my Lord 9.5/10. So good yet so sad! TwT

What’s sadder still though is this next song is one of those foreign songs I’ve been talking about. Since I really haven’t getting any response to my inquiries, I might as well test the waters. >_<;; (Don’t be too hard on me or the song please. ;w; )

Hishoku no Sora by Mami Kawada

This song is better known though as the first opening of Shakugan no Shana.

I know I’m going to sound like a total geek and absolute fan boy but I really love songs that make me imagine the intros for my own stories should they ever become awesome enough to have a cool anime adaptation. w Ooooh honest to God… it’s my lifetime dream.

As far as this song goes… ahh… I can already see it! >w< A brief glimpse of my characters in the first few seconds before the title fading in. After which some scenes of my characters in cool, daily-life poses quickly followed by some dramatic ones that give foresight to important plot points. Finally, all the way to the end, you get a nice, big, flashy sequence of explosive fights, a look at their special powers, rivals, and antagonists, before a final scene of them staring at the sunset.

Okay, I’m gonna end here now before my geekiness flows all over this place. (Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself right now. >w<;; )
 
I’ll rate this because Lost Wanderer didn’t post anything new.

7.5/10

I like that this song has a lot of raw energy in it, you can really see how Nirvana really ushered in, for better or for worse, the modern rock sound. Granted, I don’t find it as good as Led Zep, or even U2 for that matter (ok, maybe tied with U2).

For some strange reason, I’ve got this ancient Hank Williams tune stuck in my head: Hank Williams - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1949)

For a slightly more modern performance, here’s Elvis’s cover: Elvis Presley - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (1973)
5/10.
 
Yeah I know. My bad. I really just ran out of English songs here. I’m still waiting for the proper go-ahead if I can post songs in another language. >_<ll

Anyways, I’ll rate the Elvis song as about… oh my Lord 9.5/10. So good yet so sad! TwT

What’s sadder still though is this next song is one of those foreign songs I’ve been talking about. Since I really haven’t getting any response to my inquiries, I might as well test the waters. >_<;; (Don’t be too hard on me or the song please. ;w; )

Hishoku no Sora by Mami Kawada

This song is better known though as the first opening of Shakugan no Shana.

I know I’m going to sound like a total geek and absolute fan boy but I really love songs that make me imagine the intros for my own stories should they ever become awesome enough to have a cool anime adaptation. w Ooooh honest to God… it’s my lifetime dream.

As far as this song goes… ahh… I can already see it! >w< A brief glimpse of my characters in the first few seconds before the title fading in. After which some scenes of my characters in cool, daily-life poses quickly followed by some dramatic ones that give foresight to important plot points. Finally, all the way to the end, you get a nice, big, flashy sequence of explosive fights, a look at their special powers, rivals, and antagonists, before a final scene of them staring at the sunset.

Okay, I’m gonna end here now before my geekiness flows all over this place. (Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself right now. >w<;; )
Normally I like Japanese music, but I don’t really like this one. 5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=aBlKYBZIviA
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top