Reality Check: Liberal handgun ban

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ani_Ibi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
malcolm_davies:
Handguns & most other guns are banned in Australia - the police are the only ones we ever see with guns. One of the reasons we are a very peaceful country.
Can I ask you this? If you’re a peaceful country then how are people able to defend themselves against criminals.
 
40.png
Libero:
Defenceless? How about this, buy a lock for your door, and then get a burgular alarm.
That’s good stuff to have. However, it’s not much help when you have an intruder inside your home. A loaded firearm is a handy thing to have in that instance.
Are you making a joke here?
Not I. I think gun bans are the joke, to be honest with ya.
 
40.png
Darrel:
lol,

I prefer genuine Colt products myself 😃 . Full auto is a waste anyway, I’m sure semi will lay down a sufficient storm if needed. You need a 458 winchester magnum in your neck of the woods.

-D
The only gun I’ve got right now is a Beretta 92F, which I use at the shooting range (I keep it in the locker there too). Pretty good products 🙂
 
40.png
Libero:
Defenceless? How about this, buy a lock for your door, and then get a burgular alarm.

Are you making a joke here?
lol, if locks worked 100% of the time and if you wanted to keep your door locked 100% of the time then I would agree. Unfortunately, locks do not work all the time especially when some of the criminals out there have guns which can blow 'em off. 😉
 
40.png
Darrel:
lol,

I prefer genuine Colt products myself 😃 . Full auto is a waste anyway, I’m sure semi will lay down a sufficient storm if needed. You need a 458 winchester magnum in your neck of the woods.

-D
Oh, I’m with you on that…the price he quoted was just so low I had to comment.

I love my 1911… :whistle:

As to Rifles…I do prefer the AK platform in an Assault Rifle to the AR platform…better penetration, and in my personal experience, much more reliable- although it is lacking in long-range accuracy. But that’s why you go and get yourself something in a nice .308… 😃

Although I guess we don’t want to turn this into a “which gun is better thread”… :o
 
40.png
Shadowcry:
Yes ban guns !
Are you serious? Ted “who has killed more people that my gun” Kennedy is also in favor of it. Not for me, I’d rather have a gun in my house than none. I have a right to defend myself.
 
Libero:

I wish were that simple, but it isn’t.

Did you know that it’s against the 5th Amendment to require convicted criminals to tell law enforcement if they have guns or even to give their correct names for the Brady Bill checks? (Supreme Court Decision - 1968, late-1990’s)

Did you know that Law enforcement has NO DUTY to protect any SINGLE citizen, or any group of citizens - no matter how dire the danger to the citizen or group of citizens - and that’s why the didn’t rescure anybody during the LA Riots?
(Supreme Court Decision 1992)
40.png
Libero:
Defenceless? How about this, buy a lock for your door, and then get a burgular alarm.
So, criminals can lie on their Brady Bill forms to buy handguns, and then use the handguns to rob you and kill YOU and YOUR FAMILY, and while they’re doing this, the police have NO DUTY to even show up at the door!

Did you know that the Talmud said that he who failed to defend his family was NO BETTER than an UNBELIEVER?

Did you know that the Jewish Shopkeepers who were victimized on Kristalnacht were disarmed just a couple of mounths prior to Kristalnacht?

How do you think Kristalnacht would have turned out if the Jewish shopkeepers would have still been armed? Do you think the NAZI thugs would have thought twice before embarking on their reign of terror if they would have even thought that the Jews could have shot back?

I think the above should tell you how I feel about Gun Bans and why - The Jews were disarmed before they were herded into the gas chambers - Do you think the same thing would have happened if they had been armed?
40.png
Libero:
Are you making a joke here?
Libero, the site you saw was from a “Spoof” or lookalike site. The anti-gunners in this country have resorted to posting sites that look and talk like pro-2nd-Amendment Websites with the exception that the people on them are ordinarily engaged in dangerous or illegal behavior that most of those who support the 2nd Amnd. would never do.

The Liberals know that, but the idea isn’t to tell the truth. The idea is to discredit those who support the 2nd Amend. by linking the dangerous behavior with the idea in the subconscious minds of those who look at the sites.

You see, I believe the Liberals are wrong, but they believe that I’m evil. That gives them permission to do things like use the Distortions and Lies in the websites portraying dangerous behavior on the part of those purportedly supporting the 2nd Amnd. when the overwhelming majority of those who support the 2nd Amnd. would never think of doing such a thing.

I hope this makes it a little more clear.

In Christ, Michael
 
Traditional Ang:
Libero:

Libero, the site you saw was from a “Spoof” or lookalike site. The anti-gunners in this country have resorted to posting sites that look and talk like pro-2nd-Amendment Websites with the exception that the people on them are ordinarily engaged in dangerous or illegal behavior that most of those who support the 2nd Amnd. would never do.

The Liberals know that, but the idea isn’t to tell the truth. The idea is to discredit those who support the 2nd Amend. by linking the dangerous behavior with the idea in the subconscious minds of those who look at the sites.

You see, I believe the Liberals are wrong, but they believe that I’m evil. That gives them permission to do things like use the Distortions and Lies in the websites portraying dangerous behavior on the part of those purportedly supporting the 2nd Amnd. when the overwhelming majority of those who support the 2nd Amnd. would never think of doing such a thing.

I hope this makes it a little more clear.

In Christ, Michael
Actually, thats not a ‘Spoof’ site…its a real 2nd Amendment rights site. Go to a-human-right.com/ to learn more. There are some very good articles on exactly why everyone should own a gun.

Some people say that the website owner is paranoid…but then he grew up in the USSR and knows exactly what the gov’t here could turn into if the libs take all the guns away…

Go there, read up, and decide for yourself.
 
Sir Knight:
And be sure to let everyone know how you feel about it …

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Image provide by “Guns … a basic human right” website
Sir Knight:

I wonder how many supporters of gun bans would continue that support if they had to advertise that fact ON THEIR FRONT DOORS? 😃

Have you seen the Univ. of Chicago studies where the states with the least restrictive Gun-Control Laws had the GREATEST DROPS IN CRIME during the 1990’s? Did you know those figures came from the CLINTON/RENO JUSTICE DEPT.?
:yup: :rotfl:

Goodnight,

In Christ, Michael
 
Traditional Ang:
Sir Knight:

I wonder how many supporters of gun bans would continue that support if they had to advertise that fact ON THEIR FRONT DOORS? 😃

Have you seen the Univ. of Chicago studies where the states with the least restrictive Gun-Control Laws had the GREATEST DROPS IN CRIME during the 1990’s? Did you know those figures came from the CLINTON/RENO JUSTICE DEPT.?
:yup: :rotfl:

Goodnight,

In Christ, Michael
Just look at the difference in the murder rates bewteen Wahington DC & Arlington VA. They’re basically ONE urban area…and yet the murder rate in Arlington is something like 1/60th that of DC. The difference? Guns are essentially BANNED from DC, and are ALLOWED in Arlington. Why commit a crime there when you might get shot? Just cross the bridge and the risk drops tremendously…
 
40.png
Isidore_AK:
Actually, thats not a ‘Spoof’ site…its a real 2nd Amendment rights site. Go to a-human-right.com/ to learn more. There are some very good articles on exactly why everyone should own a gun.

Some people say that the website owner is paranoid…but then he grew up in the USSR and knows exactly what the gov’t here could turn into if the libs take all the guns away…

Go there, read up, and decide for yourself.
Isidore_AK:

I’m sorry. I just saw a guy with a hangun in his belt and the child in front of him, something I wouldn’t do (I’d use one of those new police holsters in that situation so my daughter couldn’t grab the gun and hurt herself).

I used to have an employer where we used to claim that he was so careless that he’d shoot himself if he ever cleaned his guns (which were rusty)…

If you recall Michael Moore’s movie on the issue, you’ll remember how far the Left will go in order to win the debate, and how distortion, lying and outright fabrication are just tools in their toolbox.

If you like that site, you’ll love my friends from “The Liberty Crew”:

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
jpfo.org/

They’re the ones who put together all the details about how the Jews were disarmed before Kristalnacht and the Holocaust and how Schindler saved his Jews largely by ARMING them and training them in the use of the firearms (something Steven Spielberg didn’t show).

I’d be surprised if you hadn’t heard about them.

Goodnight.

In Christ, Michael
 
40.png
malcolm_davies:
Handguns & most other guns are banned in Australia - the police are the only ones we ever see with guns. One of the reasons we are a very peaceful country.
Peaceful country? You need to read the news:

Daily Telegraph (April 28, 2002):
“Since Australia’s 1996 laws banning most
guns and making it a crime to use a gun defensively, armed
robberies rose by 51%, unarmed robberies by 37%, assaults by
24%, kidnappings by 43%, murders by 3%, and manslaughter rose
by 16%. Queensland saw an increase in violent crime as a whole
of nearly 200% in the first two years after the ban.”
 
Traditional Ang:
They’re the ones who put together all the details about how the Jews were disarmed before Kristalnacht and the Holocaust and how Schindler saved his Jews largely by ARMING them and training them in the use of the firearms (something Steven Spielberg didn’t show).

I’d be surprised if you hadn’t heard about them.

Goodnight.

In Christ, Michael
As a very active pro-gun man I am very familiar with the JPFO. They are a great organization but do not put any faith in Spielberg’s movie. It’s ommissions of fact and it’s outright fabrications leave it as little more than fiction. One thing you will not find in “Schindler’s List” is the fact that Schindler worked for Rudolf Kastner and he and Kastner helped Eichmann deport hundreds of thousands of Jews to Auschwitz, in return for favorable treatment for some of Kastner’s associates. He did not show any sympathy for the Jews (much less help any of them) until the writing was on the wall in regard to Germany’s inevitable defeat.

You also will not find the fact that in 1943 SS Judge Konrad Morgen of the SS-Hauptamt Gericht (SS-HAG) was assigned to investigate and prosecute brutality at Buchenwald. Morgen was so successful in correcting conditions there that Himmler gave him an expanded staff and unlimited investigative authority in the camps.
Morgen’s next target of inquiry was Krakau-Plaszow and its commandant, Amon Goeth, the arch-fiend of Speilberg’s film.
In Spielberg’s “Schindler’s List” Morgen’s entire investigation of Goeth was reduced to a scene in which a fleeting reference is made to Goeth having his books “audited.” If you blinked, you missed it.
The truth that Steven Spielberg withheld from his audience is that
in September of 1944, Goeth was arrested by the Central Office of the SS Judiciary and imprisoned on charges of theft and the murder of concentration camp inmates.
Spielberg was certainly aware of this fact, since the arrest is mentioned in chapter 31 of the book by Keneally upon which the movie is allegedly based.

[Verification of the arrest and/or prosecution of Commandant Goeth by the SS can be found in Reuben Ainsztein’s “Jewish Resistance in Nazi Occupied Eastern Europe”, p. 845; in the affidavit of Obersturmbannfuhrer Kurt Mittelstaedt, chief of the SS Central Judiciary at Munich and Morgen’s immediate superior; and in the testimony of Morgen himself (cf. vol. 42, IMT “Blue series,” p. 556].
 
Traditional Ang:
Isidore_AK:

I’m sorry. I just saw a guy with a handgun in his belt and the child in front of him, something I wouldn’t do (I’d use one of those new police holsters in that situation so my daughter couldn’t grab the gun and hurt herself).

In Christ, Michael
Understandable. I’m not personally fond of retention holsters. They aren’t very concealable.

And the best way to keep you kids from getting hurt is to teach them how to shoot (with all the requisite firearms safety).

As to Michael Moore…I can’t bring myself to watch his drivel…
 
And remain a prisoner in your own home forever!
what, and then never go out on the street?
You take your guns out on the street? !!! :eek: :eek:
If a person is a good criminal they will get past your alarm system. What would you do then? What if a deranged phyco just kicked down your door and tried to kill your family? Then what?
Deranged psycho? Are these popular in America? If so that can only indicate huge problems. If not, then your just making up highly unlikely situations to support a terrible thing. You could always however, get a heavy mahogony door, get double glazed windows, and if your incredibly paranoid get a “safe room”.
No, I don’t think there’s anything funny about protecting your family and your children. Do you?
No, infact I think that when your child is still psychologically scarred from their childhood because you put a bullet through someones head in front of the child you will not be laughing, neither will anyone else. See if guns are quite so easy to justify then, when your child at the age of fifty can still hear the gushot in their head, when they can remember asking “daddy why is that person not moving?” “daddy why is he all red?”

I asked if it was a joke becuase I really could not believe that thinking if you were buying someting designed solely to kill was okay because you might “defend your children”.
Did you know that the Talmud said that he who failed to defend his family was NO BETTER than an UNBELIEVER?
Did you know that the Jewish Shopkeepers who were victimized on Kristalnacht were disarmed just a couple of mounths prior to Kristalnacht?
Did you know that even the Swiss Guard don’t use guns? What the Talmud says bears no relevance to me as I am Catholic, I follow the commandment “Thou shall not kill.”

Guns are designed for one thing oly KILLING.
 
40.png
Libero:
I think that when your child is still psychologically scarred from their childhood because you put a bullet through someones head in front of the child
If you put a bullet through somebody’s head it’s because you or a family member were in danger of being killed or SERIOUSLY injuried.

Do you think the child will be less psychologically scarred to see a loved one killed in front of them or a total stranger?
 
Traditional Ang:
Sir Knight:

I wonder how many supporters of gun bans would continue that support if they had to advertise that fact ON THEIR FRONT DOORS? 😃

Have you seen the Univ. of Chicago studies where the states with the least restrictive Gun-Control Laws had the GREATEST DROPS IN CRIME during the 1990’s? Did you know those figures came from the CLINTON/RENO JUSTICE DEPT.?
:yup: :rotfl:

Goodnight,

In Christ, Michael
Michael, maybe it didn’t come across that way but I am a very firm supporter of the right to keep and bear arms and I own several guns, am licensed to legally carry a concealed firearm and do so where ever it is legal for me to do so (* will be going for Sunday Mass soon and my Rohrbaugh 9mm Parabellum will be going along with me in a hip pocket holster. When I get back and we run out to run errands, my S&W 4040pd will be joining the Rohrbaugh*). I also co-own and operate a pro-gun internet discussion board called Family, Friends & Firearms.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top