L
Libero
Guest
Chill, seriously.
Chill, seriously.
Yes, you are downplaying the significant achievement the Canadians made. No question about it.
As for accepting what you know to be incorrect: you seriously overstate your case. We have shown that your notion of English military supremacy is incorrect, yet you persist.
Ultimately, I remind you that this is not a thread on WWII. If you want to discuss English military supremacy then please do so ā but on a separate thread.
PS: The days of the British Empire are over.
I am not downplaying the acheivement of the Canadians, now if you refuse to let this go, then the thread will be closed. I have tried to get past this topic ā¦PPS: For a clear insight into the actual behavior of gun-toting criminals, please read the statement made by Governor Schwartzneggar on not commuting Tookie Williamsās death sentence: STATEMENT OF DECISION (corrected version) Request for Clemency by Stanley Williams
Or Tony Blair for that matterI donāt think that anyone can take Governor Schwarznegger seriously.
Hey, I like Tony Blair ⦠he was far better than Michael Howard and Ian Duncan SmithOr Tony Blair for that matter
The question was this: if you were so confident of your military supremacy what was the need for us to come to your assistance? Were you in fact crying wolf?We invented the Dreadnought which inspired and won the Naval Race, it also revolutionised armed naval craft, our navy has been the most powerful throughtout history, the French ofcourse are notably powerful, we have far more than rough sea on our side.
If the English military was sufficient for the job then you didnāt need us to finish Hitler off. Which then puts the question once again: were you crying wolf?Tell me, where the Canadians and the Americans when war was declared, when Poland was attacked, and when France surrendered? In all reality the Canadians decided to join the war at a late stage, Hitler had suffered signifcant defeats, and was waiting to be destroyed, with the Americans, Canadians, French and British, and all others, a pre emptive strike was launched and Hitler was āfinished offā as I have put it.
You are downplaying the significant achievement the Canadians made. It seems to me that you are not going to accept what you know to be correct.I am not downplaying the significant acheivement the Canadians made, but I am not going to accept what I know to be incorrect.
In my interpretation, the Vatican is saying that private citizens should be allowed to own small arms to protect their family - that it is a right and possibly a āserious dutyā to do so. I donāt believe the Vatican is saying you should own a gun or must own a gun.So, in your interpretation, what is the Vatican saying about private citizens owning small arms for self-defence?
You clearly are.I am not downplaying the acheivement of the Canadians
You are the one who refuses to let it go. I have asked you and others more than a few times to stay on topic.now if you refuse to let this go, then the thread will be closed.
You have made no effort whatsoever to get past this topic. A gesture of getting past this topic would like one of the following two options:I have tried to get past this topic ā¦
We can agree on this then.P.S. I know the days of the british empire are over, and I do not evem like imperialism
Is it?Is this not pesimistic thinking?
I take it that if you are reduced to singing songs and asking rhetorical questions which do not lead to clarification then you have conceded the argument.How did the song go again? āAlways look on the bright side of lifeā¦ā![]()
Why not?Appeasment is not guarenteed to go wrong
Asked and answered.but is a gun really a solution?
95% of gun confrontations are situations in which no shots are fired. No shots. Zero shots. Therefore the issue is not combatted but addressed.It is infact a way to combat the issue, not to address the issue
,and whilst you may argue that there is no real way to address the problem
The police can apprehend a criminal after a crime has been committed. The purpose of private citizens carrying hand guns is to prevent the crime from being committed in the first place.I am sure that the police, with some of their best officers, and the community could make a way.
The use of the word āhoweverā and your repetition of the accusation that your opposition is hate-filled negates your apology. I take it that if you are reduced to making personal attacks that you have conceded the argument.Sorry if you think it is a personal attack, it is not meant to be,however there is some truth behind it, to me, the typee of people that are talked about as performing these crimes seem to be filled with such hate and no other aim that they are unimaginable.
10 minutes. 30 seconds. How are you coming up with these numbers?I dont know, but it wont take 30 seconds.
Arenāt they already banned in the UK - other than for hunting?anywho I think guns should be banned for domestic useā¦
Try telling that to the criminals and until you get guns out of the hands of the bad guys, it isnāt a good idea to take guns out of the hands of the good guys because it will leave the innocent without a means to defend themselves.anywho I think guns should be banned for domestic useā¦