M
MercyMia
Guest
CountrySinger…28 is not old at all! Where are you getting these messages from? Your value is above rubies and it has nothing to do with your looks. You are probably gorgeoous and are just a victim of the unreal expectations our society has for women. I am 26, so I grew up in the same generation as you. I am even more worried for the girls who are teens now. Did you see that girl from the MTV show the hills recently? At only 23 she had 10 surgeries in one day and basically looks unrecognizable now. It is a form of self injury really, for an already gorgeous 23 year old girl to do that, but it doesn’t shock me given how ridiculous people’s expectations are. You know, I think the devil loves to get us so caught up in our insecurites because it distracts us from serving God and it takes us to such a place of self-loathing and selfishness (been there, done that). Think of all the beautiful people in the world who harm themselves with drugs, eating disorders, or risky self-destructve behaviors. It is all one big, ugly distraction that chips away at our value and supports this culture of death we live in.
I know you are probably tired of everybody reassuring you. I understand lonliness and the desire to pair up. But God is keeping you single for a reason, maybe at this point in time he wants you all to himself because there are some things you need to learn in order to love and serve him better. When it came to dating, I always avoided the traditionally good looking men. Unfortunately, many of them have been trained into thinknig they can treat women any way they want. In that regard, good looks can be a curse for men sometimes because they don’t force them to develop the same virtues when things come easily. I married a man who for lack of a better word was a “nerd” - oh let me tell you the treasure I have found. Actually, after dating and getting married (and growing in Christ) he actually “blossomed” quite a bit and has become more confident and self-assured. Love can be transformative. We should look for the face of Christ in our spouse, so that even when we adore or spouse, our focus is always on Christ. Can you see the face of Christ in your ex? Will he be looking for Christ in yours?
As far as money, well fortunes are won and lost every day - but the love of a good spouse is a God-given treasure.
I know you are probably tired of everybody reassuring you. I understand lonliness and the desire to pair up. But God is keeping you single for a reason, maybe at this point in time he wants you all to himself because there are some things you need to learn in order to love and serve him better. When it came to dating, I always avoided the traditionally good looking men. Unfortunately, many of them have been trained into thinknig they can treat women any way they want. In that regard, good looks can be a curse for men sometimes because they don’t force them to develop the same virtues when things come easily. I married a man who for lack of a better word was a “nerd” - oh let me tell you the treasure I have found. Actually, after dating and getting married (and growing in Christ) he actually “blossomed” quite a bit and has become more confident and self-assured. Love can be transformative. We should look for the face of Christ in our spouse, so that even when we adore or spouse, our focus is always on Christ. Can you see the face of Christ in your ex? Will he be looking for Christ in yours?
As far as money, well fortunes are won and lost every day - but the love of a good spouse is a God-given treasure.