Rebuttals for Gender Theory

  • Thread starter Thread starter theCardinalbird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. And so is everyone who goes along with that.

The funny thing is, many femenist authors and activists are getting on the wrong side of the gender theory people because they refuse to buy into it.
 
Many feminist authors and activists don’t buy into this? A few examples please.
 
40.png
Lovinglight:
Yeah it can when everything they base in support of gender theory today comes from the APAs fishy history. It shows its invalidated.
Yes, and let us not forget that the APA are the ones who redefined paedophilia as a “sexual orientation”.
You seem to think that doing so was a bad thing. In reality the APA’s purpose was to improve public protection by reinforcing a greater criminal culpability of the individual who is predatory.
The lay public’s fear that the use of the phrase sexual preference will lead to reduced criminal culpability may be unfounded, as this does not consider that it is established that sexual orientation cannot be altered through psychotherapy. This implies that Pedophilic Disorder cannot be fundamentally altered, or as the lay public may use the term, “ cured” and this implies even greater criminal culpability, rather than diminished responsibility. The implication is that recidivism is almost certain, and that only incapacitation and supervision will prevent Pedophiles from acting out their desires. The individual who is predatory ( Pedophilic Disordered) will not be safe around children at any point in their lives, and must therefore be contained and monitored indefinitely. There is also a misunderstanding of the law, While sexual orientation is a status generally protected by law, coerced sexual behavior, or sexual behavior with someone under the age of consent is a criminal offense, regardless of sexual preference. Read more….
 
Why should I facilitate someone else’s delusion? If a guy approached you on the street and proceeded to tell you that he was abducted by aliens and they’re coming for you would you not dismiss him as crazy?
If I did, I would certainly not claim that my response to him was Christian. The man is created in the image of God, and deserves my patience.
 
Interesting reply. Patience is certainly a virtue that is lacking in such situations, and I have studied this subject for many years. It is difficult to determine a person’s mental state on a first encounter. Some people are hoaxers, others are delusional and so on. The best book I have read on that subject calls these people experiencers, but the author points out that such experiencers cannot be investigated further. Whatever they believe may vary in intensity but why they believe something happened to them cannot be explained.
 
The APA is just an all around badly flawed organization and shouldnt be the moral compass of anything.

There are even lobbies of psychs who are trying to work together to get their papers and studies published at great opposition by the gay lobby that runs the APA.
The APA does not pretend to be a moral compass.

In my post I stated the reality of why the APA classifies Pedophilic Disorder as it does. Would you rather not have an APA classification of Pedophilic Disorder that protects the public? The police and courts and congress rely on the expert knowledge the APA members when making and carrying out laws that protect the public. Besides the courts hundreds of thousand mental health professionals look to the APA for guidance in the daily mental health care of millions of ordinary people like you and me.
 
"In the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM V), the American Psychiatric Association (APA) drew a very distinct line between pedophilia and pedophilic disorder. Pedophilia refers to a sexual orientation or profession of sexual preference devoid of consummation, whereas pedophilic disorder is defined as a compulsion and is used in reference to individuals who act on their sexuality. Social conservatives said calling pedophilia an “orientation” was a step towards normalizing pedophiliac behavior.

But within days, the APA changed the classification, noting in a press release “‘Sexual orientation’ is not a term used in the diagnostic criteria for pedophilic disorder and its use in the DSM-5 text discussion is an error and should read 'sexual interest.’”
If you are going to respond you really should respond to what is written.
AdamPeter:
40.png
Lovinglight:
Yeah it can when everything they base in support of gender theory today comes from the APAs fishy history. It shows its invalidated.
Yes, and let us not forget that the APA are the ones who redefined paedophilia as a “sexual orientation”.
You seem to think that doing so was a bad thing. In reality the APA’s purpose was to improve public protection by reinforcing a greater criminal culpability of the individual who is predatory.
I was responding to @AdamPeter who was correct in what the APA did.

The APA was clear in what they meant when they termed pedophilia a sexual orientation: they meant that it’s not chosen, manifests during puberty and cannot be changed. That’s in a nutshell what being an orientation means.
So do u believe pedophilia is a sexual orientation as well? Where does the madness end? Yes as u said…the APA has power to affect laws and govern everything from criminal justice to youth offenders…family law etc. Its basically morality thru the state.
Sexual disorders are not my specialty but as a mental health professional I do agree with the APA’s reasoning which will likely save many children from Pedophilic predators.

The APA does not have the power to affect laws. Laws are made by legislators who often rely on experts.
 
Last edited:
The APA retracted their assertion that pedophilia is a sexual orientation due to public outcry but its obviously what they believe.
You still don’t get it. The OP was not about a retraction for political reasons but was about APA labeling pedophilia an orientation.

You appear to have so much rage against the APA that you are unable to understand that the APA’s reasoning will save many children from predatory perdophilics. I think I said in a previous post that the APA does not pretend to be a moral compass which is the way it should be. I would be very disturbed if the APA adopted diagnosis to someone’s religious beliefs. Unless, of course, if they were my religious beliefs…
 
Last edited:
No i do get it. Idc how they label pedophilia they keep changing it and will continue to do so. How can u in good conscience support pedophilia as a sexual orientation in light of what will eventually be coming down the road? The APA doesnt protect children.
Both you and I posted the APA’s reasoning, that you don’t agree with it does not make it wrong. What you don’t get is that it will save children from predators, either that or you don’t seem to care.
And yeah it makes me mad that with their “expert” psychiatrists they keep paving the way for pedophilia to be normalized and accepted just as homosexuality has been.
That is a slippery slope fallacy. Pedophilia is a crime against children, homosexuality is not.
 
The Man Boy Love Association has been pushing for lowering the age of consent. They claim the legal system is flawed.
 
Ummmmm…

As a Catholic, I see little to be gained in talking about “sexual orientations” – though I do think people can be in denial about their attractions, and that this can be a problem. No one is directly to blame for unchosen experiences they have; and this would be true of ANY sort of sexual attraction, whatever its object. (One might be indirectly to blame, if one has “courted temptation”).

On the pedophilia issue, I think it’s a critical question what best protects children, and I think the answer is by no means obvious. I don’t think it’s necessary nor helpful to label pedophilia an orientation, since it seems to me to be a mental illness, no matter whether one finds it disturbing in oneself and no matter whether one acts on it. However, I do question the assumption that all people attracted to children are child abusers, and – as a person who grew up feeling hated and isolated for my attraction to men – I think that it might protect the potential victims of pedophiles if we showed more compassion to people who genuinely hate that they feel an attraction to children.

Hurt people hurt people.
 
Last edited:
The Man Boy Love Association has been pushing for lowering the age of consent. They claim the legal system is flawed.

Yet…

 
Last edited:
I think that it might protect the potential victims of pedophiles if we showed more compassion to people who genuinely hate that they feel an attraction to children.
The problem is that I doubt there are many people who experience attraction to children who will actually tell someone about it.
In fairness though, if a young man I knew came to me with that revelation, I think that would be an obvious sign that they were aware something was wrong and they want help. I beleive there is a real-life case of a boy who revealed this to his father and the father worked with the boy to help him control and manage his inclinations.
 
The problem is that I doubt there are many people who experience attraction to children who will actually tell someone about it.
But this is the point in saying that we need to show compassion. As long as everyone attracted to children is branded as an evil child molester, of course people can’t seek help for such an attraction, no matter how chaste they have been. And when people can’t seek help for such an illness, they become far more likely to hurt a child. If we want to protect children, we need to create a climate in which people can seek help.
 
We do need to show compassion. But there are also people who would love to normalise and legalise that behaviour. The APA definition does try to normalise it.
 
We do need to show compassion. But there are also people who would love to normalise and legalise that behaviour. The APA definition does try to normalise it.
I haven’t been supporting the APA definition. But I also don’t think it is trying to normalize child abuse.
 
That will be the net effect. There are already people openly advocating to reduce ages of consent etc.

Labelling it a “sexual orientation” will make it seem normal in people’s minds. It’s a mental disorder. Unless you want to say that homosexuality is also a mental disorder, then I don’t see how that helps.
 
That will be the net effect. There are already people openly advocating to reduce ages of consent etc.
Age of consent issues have nothing to do with pedophilia. It’s never been abnormal for men and women to find 15-18 year olds attractive. Pedophilia is the attraction to prepubescents.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top