J
JRKH
Guest
Frankie,Hello, Im Frankie . I have done study on this issue and can tell you that the books that Luther took out originally while making his German translation was Hebrew,James, Jude, Revelations,Judith,parts of Esther and Daniel, Sirach, Baruch,1st and 2nd maccabee ,Wisdom,Tobit,. These books all interfered with the myth of SOLO FIDE(by faith alone)These books interfered with his agenda .Also , (you said you were not interested but I thought you might like to know at least where it came from )in Romans 3:28 is where it says “we are saved by faith apart from the works of the law(Jewish Law.)” Luther added the word “alone”
in between the words faith and apart, adding a whole knew meaning to the verse.I have underlined specific verses in each of the above books that could the reasoning for his illimanation of these books.
God Bless
Welcome to the Forums.
I will be looking forward to your futher participation in this discussion.
Peace
James