T
twinc
Guest
were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation.Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
I doubt it. At the time, reincarnation was a belief in India and just spreading to areas such as China. I don’t think that those ideas would have been able to make their way to the Middle East at the time. Also, most of the people that Jesus and the apostles interacted with were Jews.were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation.Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
I doubt it. At the time, reincarnation was a belief in India and just spreading to areas such as China. I don’t think that those ideas would have been able to make their way to the Middle East at the time. Also, most of the people that Jesus and the apostles interacted with were Jews.
“Karma” means simply “action”. “Vipaka” means “result of action”. The New Testament speaks about what you sow, so shall you reap; which is another way of saying “your actions lead to results”, or “karma-vipaka”.were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation.Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
and the mystery and majestry is that Jesus as the second Adam is the first Adam returning to undo the karma and redeem Himself and all mankind by paying the price karma warranted - btw Adam indeed was the son of God for he had no other father or mother - see Lk.3:38 - btw guess who the second Eve was and who Lazarus the beloved disciple was etc - twinc“Karma” means simply “action”. “Vipaka” means “result of action”. The New Testament speaks about what you sow, so shall you reap; which is another way of saying “your actions lead to results”, or “karma-vipaka”.
Jesus did speak about John the Baptist being Elijah returned, but Christian tradition interprets this symbolically, or metaphorically.
On the other hand, Hasidic Jews do teach that reincarnation is a biblical teaching, though it seems likely that the Hasidic Jews may have been influenced by post-biblical teachings.
On the other other hand, the resurrected body will not be identical to the body you have now, so you could speak of the resurrected body as a special type of reincarnation body. (“Reincarnation” simply means “re-em-body-ment”.)
You are babbling again!and the mystery and majestry is that Jesus as the second Adam is the first Adam returning to undo the karma and redeem Himself and all mankind by paying the price karma warranted - btw Adam indeed was the son of God for he had no other father or mother - see Lk.3:38 - btw guess who the second Eve was and who Lazarus the beloved disciple was etc - twinc
btw John was an Apostle,Lazarus was a disciple and the disciple that Jesus loved - twincYou are babbling again!
By the way Lazarus was NOT the beloved disciple. It was John.
Ah, Adam Kadmon?and the mystery and majestry is that Jesus as the second Adam is the first Adam returning to undo the karma and redeem Himself and all mankind by paying the price karma warranted - btw Adam indeed was the son of God for he had no other father or mother - see Lk.3:38 - btw guess who the second Eve was and who Lazarus the beloved disciple was etc - twinc
Ah, but did they call themselves apostles then, or was that name given to them later?btw John was an Apostle,Lazarus was a disciple and the disciple that Jesus loved - twinc
No - it was then and now -btw not many know but Paul was an Apostle without being a disciple etc - twincAh, but did they call themselves apostles then, or was that name given to them later?
And you actually think this proves that they were familiar with the idea of reincarnation?were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation.Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
you must be joking - you cant be serious - you must be having me on so perhaps somebody else might just kindly oblige - twincAnd you actually think this proves that they were familiar with the idea of reincarnation?
Please elucidate.
The answer was; "And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Eli’jah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation.Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
Well, the scripture was quoted, so we can see that the answer given was what Jesus was and not who he was.were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation.Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
The apostles were the original disciples. John was the beloved disciple.btw John was an Apostle,Lazarus was a disciple and the disciple that Jesus loved - twinc
But this response does not in any way contradict the concept of reincarnation.twinc;6054229:
The answer was; "And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Eli’jah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.were Jesus and his apostles and disciples as jews familiar with the doctrine of reincarnation. Notice the reply here and elsewhere "Who do men say I am - the reply was ? - any comments - twinc
…
The answer was; "And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Eli’jah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
As usual, you are so far off the Truth that it is comical!
Jesus asked the Apostles “Who do men say I am” to show how confused we are all are & to give the authority to teach & interpret the teachings of Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior, & Sacred Scripture to Peter & his successors alone.
If Jesus didn’t pass on that authority, we would all be teaching incredibly ignorant ideas like reincarnation & karma & Oprah’s New Age drivel.
You need to get off the fence and be honest! You are not Catholic.
Either go “ALL IN” for Jesus or be honest & say you are Agnostic or Atheist, at least then you could have some credibility!!!
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora pro Nobis Peccatoribus!
mark