Rep. Bachmann won't seek re-election

  • Thread starter Thread starter oldcelt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldcelt

Guest
WASHINGTON (AP) — Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, a conservative firebrand and a favorite of tea party Republicans, said Wednesday she will not run for another term in the U.S. House.

Bachmann, who ran for the Republican presidential nomination last year, announced her decision in a video on her website.
“My decision was not influenced by any concerns about my being re-elected,” Bachmann said. She narrowly won a fourth term in 2012 over Democrat Jim Graves, a hotel chain founder who is running again in 2014.
Bachmann also said, “This decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign.” In January, a former Bachmann aide filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, claiming Bachmann made improper payments to an Iowa state senator who was the state chairman of her 2012 presidential run. The aide, Peter Waldron, also accused Bachmann of other FEC violations.
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/29/bachmann/2368527/
 
Didn’t she subscribe to the Lutheran church spreading the lie that the Church is the anti-Christ. 🤷
 
Didn’t she subscribe to the Lutheran church spreading the lie that the Church is the anti-Christ. 🤷
Actually, I think that there will be many in the GOP who will be secretly happy to hear this…much as I would feel if Pelosi or Reid would step aside.
 
Pelosi definitely. Oh and Biden for that matter.

Useless liabilities IMHO.

We need good Catholics of ANY political persuasion to step up.

BTW

The Holy Father delivered this

*“And here I think of the difficulties that, in various countries, today afflict the world of work and businesses,” he told tens of thousands people gathered for his weekly general audience in St. Peter’s Square.

“I think of how many, and not just young people, are unemployed, many times due to a purely economic conception of society, which seeks selfish profit, beyond the parameters of social justice. I wish to extend an invitation to solidarity to everyone, and I would like to encourage those in public office to make every effort to give new impetus to employment.”*
 
Didn’t she subscribe to the Lutheran church spreading the lie that the Church is the anti-Christ. 🤷
No, she didn’t.

The media hunted down some quote in Lutheran Church archives and tried to scandalize her. Do you believe everything you read?
Michele Bachmann has received a much-needed endorsement from Catholics following media reports saying she quit her Lutheran church, which believes the Pope is the Antichrist.
“We find no evidence of any bigotry on the part of Rep. Michele Bachmann,” Catholic News Agency quoted Bill Donohue, president of America’s largest Catholic civil rights organization Catholic League, as saying Friday. Donohue, however, also said it was “regrettable that there are still strains of anti-Catholicism in some Protestant circles.”
Donohue was responding to Thursday’s report in The Atlantic that said the Minnesota Republican was likely to face controversy over her affiliation with Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church in Stillwater, a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, which says the Roman Catholic Pope is the Antichrist.
Rep. Bachmann has “condemned anti-Catholicism” and “just as President Barack Obama is not responsible for the views of Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Rep. Bachmann must be judged on the basis of her own record,” the League president said, referring to Obama’s former pastor’s statements in 2008 that the U.S. government may have spread AIDS among the black community and that some American wartime activities constituted terrorism.
 
God bless her.

Unfortunately anti-Catholicism endures. Just not in her.

However, her comments about natural disasters were abhorrent: almost Westborough.

She is not an asset.
 
God bless her.

Unfortunately anti-Catholicism endures. Just not in her.

However, her comments about natural disasters were abhorrent: almost Westborough.

She is not an asset.
I would not be so critical in judging other people. Supposedly the Vice President is a Catholic but fully supports rights to abortion, same thing for other politicians like Pelosi. Yet, Representative Michelle Bachmann is solidly pro-life, there are no videos of her using profanity as Vice President Biden. Lutherans are not here to defend themselves but I vaguely recall that what is found in the Lutheran documents is nothing more than historic and Lutherans can likewise counter to historic matters as well.

That is a rather uncharitable unkind thing to say about a person whom may have had one misstep and who knows how she meant that to be understood. She has championed moral causes and I refuse to judge her any worse than what many people get away as a matter of routine.

She may be gearing up for a Presidential Run. Though her statement did seem puzzling in speaking about 9/11, I think she would easily be a better president than most of her competitors. One needs to remember, the Media try to trip up politicians such as Bachmann, Santorum or Gov. Rick Perry.
 
patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2011/07/bachmann-is-no-longer-a-lutheran/

This article and I believe “Patheos” has some Catholic oriented articles, discusses the matter well and some of the comments point towards the historicity of the Book of Concord and the Council of Trent.

Senate and Governorship seats will be open in her homestate in the next few years, she may aim for one of these as well though I would not have a clue as to what her motives are.
 
I would not be so critical in judging other people. Supposedly the Vice President is a Catholic but fully supports rights to abortion, y.
Didn’t I include Biden in my initial post?
RCC and not GOP friend.

Praying for mate,🙂
 
She may run if not for president, perhaps governor or another political position.
 
I don’t know if it gives insight to whatever plans Bachmann has but she rather actively ran ads after her legislation bill repealing ACA passed the house. I even saw her ad.

Minn.'s Bachmann sprints to TV with health care ad
Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann quickly launched a campaign-style television ad Thursday in hopes of capitalizing on the latest U.S. House vote to undo President Barack Obama’s health care law.
The Republican critic of the Affordable Care Act _ dubbed Obamacare by foes _ was to begin airing the ad Thursday night in Twin Cities market. She spent about $85,000 for the TV spot.
It shows her speaking directly into the camera, spreading what she calls “great news” about the vote. Bachmann sponsored the measure the House adopted on a 229-195 vote; it has little chance of winning Senate approval.
“Obamacare promised us lower cost and a better health care system. But the truth is just the opposite. Unaffordable, skyrocketing insurance costs and a system so complicated, well, even Democrats are calling it a train wreck,” Bachmann says in the ad. “Passing my bill to repeal Obamacare is just the first step toward lower costs and improved health care.”
This ad surely is at her website as well. It makes you wonder, if this was part of a long term strategy? Or have their been changes in the last 12 days?

I also heard that her St. Cloud district, Monastery of Benedictine Monks in that area and a few universities is somewhat strong of a Republican District and whomever runs for her seat next year under the Republican party can probably retain the seat.

She has been on the Blaze TV and could become a contributor in that mode as well. If not already said, Sen. McCain was critical of Bachmann per this flap about former SOS Clinton’s assistant Huma. I’ve heard to the Texas Representative Gohmert might be seen more actively as well.
 
We need good Catholics of ANY political persuasion to step up.
Seeing that only 22% of the population is Catholic, don’t most elect Catholics despite their being Catholic? I mean, which voting non-Catholic owes allegiance to the Pope? Just sayin.
 
I don’t know if it gives insight to whatever plans Bachmann has but she rather actively ran ads after her legislation bill repealing ACA passed the house. I even saw her ad.

Minn.'s Bachmann sprints to TV with health care ad

This ad surely is at her website as well. It makes you wonder, if this was part of a long term strategy? Or have their been changes in the last 12 days?

I also heard that her St. Cloud district, Monastery of Benedictine Monks in that area and a few universities is somewhat strong of a Republican District and whomever runs for her seat next year under the Republican party can probably retain the seat.

She has been on the Blaze TV and could become a contributor in that mode as well. If not already said, Sen. McCain was critical of Bachmann per this flap about former SOS Clinton’s assistant Huma. I’ve heard to the Texas Representative Gohmert might be seen more actively as well.
Yes, however runs up there has to be pro-life. Sterns County is very conservative. (Despite the 2 universities up there). The Monks however are not “conservative.”
Miguel Diaz was a theology professor up there and is now Obama’s ambassador to the Vatican.

I thought that Bachmann had been gerrymandered out of her district? (They changed the district boundaries so she no longer lived in the district). But I wasn’t following that closely as we were out of state and now I don’t live in her district.
 
She has about as much chance being elected govenor outside of the bible belt as Obama does being elected Pope.
Maybe you should have specifically said Minnesota, since Wisconsin has one of the top governors in the US with Governor Walker and also a brave one who in general would never have to fool with some of the things one in the Bible belt never would like loud-mouthed know nothing critics.

Bachmann certainly has produced some slick commercials in these recent announcements, that’s no lie. I would hope she would stand a chance against a Governor who voted for partial birth abortion as Mark Dayton did.
 
Tim Pawlenty, born Catholic and became an Evangelical also governed the State.

So maybe all this calls for a lot of fasting.

Bachmann could also surely be a well-paid commentator for the Blaze, Fox or other.

I admire her uncompromising views. God Bless Her.
 
Seems she has spent her time in congress and is now planning other things. Really, the State of MN. should be left to fail if it is supporting Socialistic programs, the biggest employer in the state is by far the Government, the Govt. should be shook up as Walker did in Wisconsin. Because she is such a moral person, deep pockets have been trying to defeat her district in congress.
 
Tim Pawlenty, born Catholic and became an Evangelical also governed the State.

So maybe all this calls for a lot of fasting.

Bachmann could also surely be a well-paid commentator for the Blaze, Fox or other.

I admire her uncompromising views. God Bless Her.
She won her seat, while battling Patty Wetterling. The reason she won, was that Patty Wetterling, (despite losing her son-he was kidnapped, presumed dead, and thus well known) was pro-choice. At that point, you could not win the 6th district and be pro-choice. The Southern half is very evangelical and the northern part very Catholic.
 
Actually, I think that there will be many in the GOP who will be secretly happy to hear this…much as I would feel if Pelosi or Reid would step aside.
I wasn’t a big fan of Bachmann. I viewed her as sort of a grandstanding, attention seeker that didn’t always have her facts straight. She made conservatives look bad. Hopefully she will be replaced with a conservative. To her credit - she was very pro-life and I appreciate her for that.

Ishii
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top