Rep. Bachmann won't seek re-election

  • Thread starter Thread starter oldcelt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that an indication on how you view women? Perhaps you think they should be wearing hijabs and burkas.
Off topic, but I’ll answer you anyway.
Noooo, I think the women AND the men should be sitting behind news desks dressed appropriatly for the serious profession they are a part of. How one dresses is a good indication of how seriously you take your business. The importance of what they say should impede them to draw attention to the story, not thier legs.
Back to the topic…
 
Disagree with her politics, but please don’t make sexist remarks. Why is it that conservative women are fair game for these kind of remarks, the likes of which would never be tolerated if aimed towards women on the left-as they shouldn’t be). I believe women of ALL political persuasions should be respected. Both Palin and Bachmann are quite intelligent and well informed, even if one disagrees with their politics.
I would Take Fox news over MSNBC or any of the other cable channels any day.
If it wasn’t for Fox news, we wouldn’t have any knowledge of Benghazi or, the IRS scandal or a lot of things that the public should be made aware of-and wouldn’t be if it were up to the other cable news outlets.
 
Disagree with her politics, but please don’t make sexist remarks. Why is it that conservative women are fair game for these kind of remarks, the likes of which would never be tolerated if aimed towards women on the left-as they shouldn’t be). I believe women of ALL political persuasions should be respected. Both Palin and Bachmann are quite intelligent and well informed, even if one disagrees with their politics.
I would Take Fox news over MSNBC or any of the other cable channels any day.
If it wasn’t for Fox news, we wouldn’t have any knowledge of Benghazi or, the IRS scandal or a lot of things that the public should be made aware of-and wouldn’t be if it were up to the other cable news outlets.
👍

I dislike the name-calling. Talk about what she said.

Sometimes people with lesser intellects have a lot more common sense. The intellect is not the be-all and end-all.
 
WASHINGTON (AP) — Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, a conservative firebrand and a favorite of tea party Republicans, said Wednesday she will not run for another term in the U.S. House.

Bachmann, who ran for the Republican presidential nomination last year, announced her decision in a video on her website.

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/29/bachmann/2368527/
President Obama won’t seek reelection either. In other words, SO WHAT!
 
I would Take Fox news over MSNBC or any of the other cable channels any day.
If it wasn’t for Fox news, we wouldn’t have any knowledge of Benghazi or, the IRS scandal or a lot of things that the public should be made aware of-and wouldn’t be if it were up to the other cable news outlets.
The point is that we could get the same news over local radio, without the distraction of skin.
 
The point is that we could get the same news over local radio, without the distraction of skin.
Skin?? Women shouldn’t be on news channels?? I see skin on the CBS morning show and ABC morning show.
The point I was making is that only on Fox news did we get any inkling-at least at first of these stories, and we wouldn’t have known anything about the Gosnell case without Fox news-as the other stations only started to report it When Democrat Kirstin Powers of Fox news challenged them to.
 
I have seen Megyn Kelly report the news often and to tell the truth, I only recall seeing her mainly at the news desk, I have seen her standing I believe but so?

Gretchen Carlson and the morning crew are often sat down on that sofa.

Shannon Bream and Harris Faulkner???

I think this is quite a non-issue.

I think it would be easier to simply assert Fox News employs “pretty women”, maybe they do but I don’t see the flesh issue in that.

My .02 cents.

And Greta who was at CNN before, always seated, and Hannity and O’Reilly at night.
 
The point is that we could get the same news over local radio, without the distraction of skin.
But we are only talking about this because someone speculated that Bachmann will go to the cable news shows. This is only wild speculation, and Bachmann has never dressed inappropriately. Why is it fair game to speculate that she will go on to be eye candy and wear revealing clothing on TV. She (and Palin) are conservative Christians, what would give you the idea that they would just throw away their values for TV, if they didn’t do it for politics?

Come on, she wears Women’s skirt suits (A perfectly acceptable professional clothing choice), and I think I saw a few pics of her in a sleeveless shift, and one in an evening gown, with her shoulders covered.:eek::rolleyes:
 
Both Palin and Bachmann are quite intelligent and well informed, even if one disagrees with their politics.
This is a very dangerous time. If you look at Iran and if you look at Pakistan and if you look at the links with Syria — because Iran is working through proxies like Syria, through Hezbollah, through Hamas — it seems that the table is being set for worldwide nuclear war against Israel. And if there’s anything that we know, President Obama has been more than willing to stand with Occupy Wall Street, but he hasn’t been willing to stand with Israel. Israel looks at President Obama and they do not see a friend.
CBS Republican Debate, 2011-11-12, quoted in Drum, Kevin (12 November 2011),
The “Great Society” has not worked and it’s put us into the modern welfare state. If you look at China, they don’t have food stamps. If you look at China, they’re in a very different situation. They save for their own retirement security… They don’t have the modern welfare state and China’s growing. And so what I would do is look at the programs that LBJ gave us with the Great Society and they’d be gone.
CBS Republican Debate, 2011-11-12, quoted in Sarlin, Benjy (12 November 2011

Mother Jones writes about Rep. Michele Bachmann’s, R-Minn., connections to Olive Tree Ministries, an evangelical Christian operation founded by a former Jew for Jesus and longtime friend of Bachmann’s named Jan Markell.
Olive Tree Ministries, based out of Maple Grove, Minn., produces a weekly radio show and a newsletter, and it is also obsessed with Israel because it believes we are living in the end times. Bachmann’s been on Markell’s radio show multiple times, attended an Olive Tree Ministries conference, and left a testimonial on its website. As MoJo says:

When Minneapolis’ City Pages first reported [6] on Bachmann’s relationship with Markell in 2005, the then-state senator denied any knowledge of Olive Tree Ministries. However, Markell tells Mother Jones that she’s known Bachmann off and on for 35 years, and says she spoke about Israel at Bachmann’s church in the late 1970s. “My hunch is that they misquoted her,” Markell says. “She’s been at my conference. Why she would have said [otherwise], I don’t know.”

When Bachmann was running for Congress in 2006, her official website bio said she was a member of the Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church of Stillwater, which belongs to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. WELS is one of the very conservative “confessional” Lutheran denominations that maintains that the “antichrist” is the pope. You know, the leader of the Catholic Church? That pope. WELS confirms that they still “identify this ‘Antichrist’ with the Papacy,” in case you’re curious.

Slate’s Dave Weigel has reported an audio recording of Bachmann praying for the notoriously anti-gay ministry You Can Run But You Can’t Hide, run by the radical preacher Bradlee Dean. Bachmann offered the prayer in 2006 (though the recording was uploaded in 2008). In it, Bachmann predicts, “We are in the last days,” and says, “The harvest is at hand” — a Biblical allusion to the Rapture when some believe God will take saved Christians from the earth and leave the non-believers to face several years of torment and tribulation before the second coming of Christ:

BACHMANN: Lord, the day is at hand. We are in the last days. You are a Jehovah God. We know that the times are in your hands. And we give them to you…The day is at hand, Lord, when your return will come nigh. Nothing is more important than bringing sheep into the fold. Than bringing new life into the kingdom…You have weeded that garden. The harvest is at hand.
 
In short, Bachmann’s dispensationalist, fundamentalist world-view shapes her politics and foreign policy.
And that’s pretty scary.
 
But we are only talking about this because someone speculated that Bachmann will go to the cable news shows. This is only wild speculation, and Bachmann has never dressed inappropriately. Why is it fair game to speculate that she will go on to be eye candy and wear revealing clothing on TV. She (and Palin) are conservative Christians, what would give you the idea that they would just throw away their values for TV, if they didn’t do it for politics?

Come on, she wears Women’s skirt suits (A perfectly acceptable professional clothing choice), and I think I saw a few pics of her in a sleeveless shift, and one in an evening gown, with her shoulders covered.:eek::rolleyes:
Fox has a history of hiring so called “has-beens” Juan Williams and Scott Brown are two right off the top of my head.
 
But we are only talking about this because someone speculated that Bachmann will go to the cable news shows. This is only wild speculation, and Bachmann has never dressed inappropriately. Why is it fair game to speculate that she will go on to be eye candy and wear revealing clothing on TV. She (and Palin) are conservative Christians, what would give you the idea that they would just throw away their values for TV, if they didn’t do it for politics?

Come on, she wears Women’s skirt suits (A perfectly acceptable professional clothing choice), and I think I saw a few pics of her in a sleeveless shift, and one in an evening gown, with her shoulders covered.:eek::rolleyes:
Fair points but I’ll miss seeing her on C-SPAN.

youtube.com/watch?v=NsZaaV5JSEs
 
Good, I’m still a conservative, but view these tea party bombastic-types as a liability to the party. One can be conservative and not cross lines as Bachmann has done many times.
 
Good, I’m still a conservative, but view these tea party bombastic-types as a liability to the party. One can be conservative and not cross lines as Bachmann has done many times.
With quotes like these, she seemed quite willing to ‘cross that line’.
it seems that the table is being set for worldwide nuclear war against Israel.
We are in the last days, the harvest is at hand
 
I will miss her dearly!! But I suspect that she will show up on FOX as a misguided commentator…

She can fill the void left by Sarah.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top