Rep. Bachmann won't seek re-election

  • Thread starter Thread starter oldcelt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In short, Bachmann’s dispensationalist, fundamentalist world-view shapes her politics and foreign policy.
And that’s pretty scary.
And a pathological liar such as Obama is NOT scary? Remember, we will be able to keep our doctors and health plans if we like them, a family of four may see a reduction in medical costs of $2500, and the Obamacare law would save $1.3T over 20 years? Brazen lies all. NO, this demagogue is not scary at all! And I am SURE that he was unaware of all the breaking scandals!
As for MIchele, she was careless with her rhetoric, and is not Presidential timbre either. But she is a great lady who loves America, and has done many wonderful things in her life, and I salute her. šŸ‘šŸ‘
 
Pro Vobis is correct, get your news from the radio, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, Hugh Hewitt, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved, Mark Levin.

By the way, the uncharitable original post was saying ā€œSarah Palinā€, well, she has always been speaking up close.

So now, I don’t even think that is a valid point.
 
And you know this how? :confused:
The state, for the lack of a better term, is not ā€œCray-Crayā€?
:confused:
Bachmann is a (slightly) less airheaded version of Sarah Palin (her infamous Hezbolah has missles in Cuba remark :rolleyes:). She appeals to Republican evangelicals and warmongers. I’m sure she’ll make a good addition to the Fox ā€œnewsā€ staff, with lotsa long shots to show off her legs, like the other Fox blondes do.
Nothing like selling sex along with the propaganda.
:cool:
This is perhaps the most sensible and true post i’ve seen on CAF in years in a political discussion.
 
And a pathological liar such as Obama is NOT scary? Remember, we will be able to keep our doctors and health plans if we like them, a family of four may see a reduction in medical costs of $2500, and the Obamacare law would save $1.3T over 20 years? Brazen lies all. NO, this demagogue is not scary at all! And I am SURE that he was unaware of all the breaking scandals!
As for MIchele, she was careless with her rhetoric, and is not Presidential timbre either. But she is a great lady who loves America, and has done many wonderful things in her life, and I salute her. šŸ‘šŸ‘
šŸ‘
 
The state, for the lack of a better term, is not ā€œCray-Crayā€?
:confused:

This is perhaps the most sensible and true post i’ve seen on CAF in years in a political discussion.
I see from your handle, that your a teen from Ohio, I’m just trying to figure out how you A.
Know what goes on in Minnesota when your from Ohio, and B.You know so much about politics when your a teenager? :rolleyes:
 
Just re-introducing the news desk would be a good start. In the ā€œGolden Ageā€, you never even knew that broadcasters had legs…it will probably never happen…sex sells.
Ahh the ā€œgolden ageā€ when Walter Cronkite was able to tell everyone what to think.
 
In your opinion who is worse for the Republican Party: Bachmann or Chris Christie?
Good question. I think Christie is potentially worse in that he seems to want to rescue Obama (help him change the subject and deflect attention away from scandal and damaging news). Some might say its refreshing and that he’s merely trying to reach out to the other side of the aisle. I am a bit more cynical: I think Obama is bad news and anything that helps him helps him further his agenda - which hurts America. So maybe Christie is worse. I don’t really take Bachman seriously - as a previous poster documented her comments on Iran: ā€œkeep the nuclear option on the tableā€ etc. I think she’s a lightweight / loose cannon and kind a knee jerk evangelical type that would have a ā€œjerUSAlemā€ bumper sticker.

Ishii
 
Only those who were susceptible to being told what to think…just like today.
I think having more diversity of opinion in the newsmedia is a good thing - better than in the ā€œgolden ageā€ when you had basically 3 networks that did little to challenge the prevailing wisdom. (wisdom being generally what came out of the Democrat party). So today is different - in that you have more variety of opinion in the media - esp. on cable and the radio.

Ishii
 
I think having more diversity of opinion in the newsmedia is a good thing - better than in the ā€œgolden ageā€ when you had basically 3 networks that did little to challenge the prevailing wisdom. (wisdom being generally what came out of the Democrat party). So today is different - in that you have more variety of opinion in the media - esp. on cable and the radio.

Ishii
I agree with your basic notion…don’t know how you get that the democrats dominated back then, but…So far as the variety of sources today…that may be true, but quantity does not equate to quality. There is a lot of very bad journalism being passed as fact.
 
I agree with your basic notion…don’t know how you get that the democrats dominated back then, but…So far as the variety of sources today…that may be true, but quantity does not equate to quality. There is a lot of very bad journalism being passed as fact.
True, there are ā€œsheepleā€ today just like in years past, but in the so-called ā€œgolden ageā€ the news was basically spoon-fed to an unquestioning, generally docile America.

Ishii
 
I think having more diversity of opinion in the newsmedia is a good thing - better than in the ā€œgolden ageā€ when you had basically 3 networks that did little to challenge the prevailing wisdom. (wisdom being generally what came out of the Democrat party). So today is different - in that you have more variety of opinion in the media - esp. on cable and the radio.

Ishii
Really, those who talk down Fox News really seem to want ā€œcensorshipā€ of the press.

If they could find real examples of Fox reporting, those might be worthy criticisms however the litany of misreporting by NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN is so lengthy, MSNBC/NBC doctored the G. Zimmerman 911 tapes and so on, CBS had the Rather-Gate affair, these are serious matters. I know people will point out some little thing that Fox said but it’s a molehill by comparison.
 
True, there are ā€œsheepleā€ today just like in years past, but in the so-called ā€œgolden ageā€ the news was basically spoon-fed to an unquestioning, generally docile America.

Ishii
sigh
It’s my fault for for taking the thread off topic with a tongue-in-cheek speculative remark about Bachmann’s future career options (that alone opens doors I will restrain myself in not sharing :D)
But I will respond nonetheless.
When I worked at newspaper back in the 1980s, the company, Scripps, had thier own lighthouse logo with this inscription: ā€œShine the light, and people will find thier own wayā€
I never said there was a ā€œgolden ageā€ of news. Look up the history of journalism in the western world, there has NEVER been a golden age. That was back in the days of newspapers.
The advent of radio and TV news however changed the playing field. News became confused with entertainment, and its gotten worse as the decades pass. If there ever was a time of a ā€œspoon-fed, unquestioning, generally docile Americaā€, I would say that day is today. Unlike years ago, today people have their own ā€œnews ghettosā€ they rely on. Cable and Internet. The result is confusion. What we have today is the illusion of diversity in news. It keeps people in the dark by playing to thier bias. You think you’re getting ā€œfair and balancedā€, but you’re just getting spoonfed the same propaganda, just prepackaged to appeal to your particular bias.
That’s why I’m harder on Fox, because as a conservative myself, I see no conservatism on Fox, just what they want me to think is conservatism.
And to fair, I’ve seen the same response from classical liberals in regard to MSNBC, which is basically Fox for neo-liberals.
What we have today is information overload. We now have so much information, we don’t know how to separate real news from propaganda. So now, Americans are more in the dark than ever before.
We can’t even see the light to find our own way.
Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top