Rep. Jerry Nadler says Antifa violence in Portland a 'myth'

  • Thread starter Thread starter qui_est_ce
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
qui_est_ce:
That’s not how I read it.
Ah! The American opinion.

I have to question why this was posted as well. You do not believe him. At this point there is no prosecutable evidence of who did what, or who they are affiliated with. Yes, the President and his supporters are spouting off stuff they do not know, as are those who say he is wrong. He might well be proven right. It is too early for anything but political opinions devoid of actionable facts.
Fair enough.

I reviewed the hearing again this morning. Nadler accused Barr of harassing protesters.
He claimed that the federal agents were the cause of violence. Barr had to remind him that there was a distinction between protesting and violence. The agents were sent to protect federal property. Nadler. There has been plenty of documented violence in Portland for several weeks before federal agents were sent in.
 
He claimed that the federal agents were the cause of violence.
Well that is certainly ridiculous. The cause of violence (against the innocent, of course) is the sin on the part of those that choose violence. Always.

I have no desire to watch the political posturing of these politicians chasing Trump, or his circle defending him even when indefensible. I am content to let the courts impose the limitations on these federal troops that are needed when they are out of hand, as they did, and decide if there was any criminal action in sending them.
 
Well that is certainly ridiculous. The cause of violence (against the innocent, of course) is the sin on the part of those that choose violence. Always.

I have no desire to watch the political posturing of these politicians chasing Trump, or his circle defending him even when indefensible. I am content to let the courts impose the limitations on these federal troops that are needed when they are out of hand, as they did, and decide if there was any criminal action in sending them.
It was not the courts from my understanding. There was an agreement with Portland’s Mayor that they would defend federal buildings otherwise the federal police will go back in.
 
I was referring to the need for the court to intervene and issue a court order against the violence the feds were inflicting on journalists. The thing is, all they were told to do is obey the law, that is do not arrest, threaten them, or use force against them without probable cause (of a crime). It is crazy that federal agents needed a restraining order to do this, which is why I have always objected using employees not properly trained to inflict force in a manner they do not understand, that is, law enforcement.

I would hope that not only all those citizens of Portland who broke the law are punished, but also all the federal agents that violated anyone’s civil rights are equally punished.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top