K
Kaninchen
Guest
My goodness, I’ve used the phrase six times a year, there’s obviously no stopping me.Now, back to my original question. Since 2008, you have used the phrase “pious fiction” just over 30 times…once or twice in dialogue with a Muslim early on, but more recently, you bring that out when chatting with Christians. It seems to be your “Get Out of Jail Free” card, because playing it allows you to skate from any real discussion.
This year, the Kaninchens went on holiday, as usual, to Italy and it included a couple of weeks in Rome where we haven’t been for several years and it was rather nice to be there again - even if one can feel Baroque-d into submission from time to time.
Of course, one felt obliged to visit the old Ghetto area again (bit like Christian visitors feel the need to revisit certain Churches or whatever, I expect) and it makes you think (I’m half Italian-Jew, after all) of all those Jews walled-up in a tiny area and, if that wasn’t bad enough, forced to attend weekly Christian sermons and not complain/fall asleep.
I expect that, while the Priest was lecturing them about the wonders of Christianity, they’d rather wished for a ‘Get Out Of Jail Free’ card or other ways of saying ‘don’t believe a word of it’ as politely as possible.
Because your evidence didn’t prove anything of the sort.I am interested to know exactly how you can justify calling the Bible (Hebrew and Christian Scriptures combined) a work of “pious fiction” when the historical evidence I presented suggests that the Apostles were NOT fictional characters nor were they merely historical figures in a fictional text.
You’re the one in sales, not me.You made the assertion; the burden of proof is on you. Let’s hear your presentation.