M
M1Garand
Guest
I find it interesting that you again go back to this. But it really all makes sense because you made it clear in a previous discussion, though skillfully and subtly, that you “loath” Christians. So the next logical question is why are you here and I think the answer is to poke your finger in the eye of the people you “loath”. You have been steeped in perpetual victimhood and you apparently seethe over things of which you have never experienced. You live in a safe, secure and sanitary Christian nation, where you are free to practice your faith, think and speak as you want and you are steeped in Christian values though you don’t even realize it. Despite this you are angry for slights you saw on tv or read about in a book but have never and will never experience. Why is this relevant? Because while you are extolling the virtue of the universality of “tolerant” Judaism, as it is now modernly reinterpreted by some but not all Jews, you are at the same time exuding a smug superiority in your beliefs. I find this amusingly hypocritical since, as you see it and have said, you dislike the Christian alleged superiority. I have extensively studied the content of Jewish sites and they also exude a sense of righteous superiority of Jewish belief while at the same time criticizing Christian’s for what they perceive as Christian superiority. This is not unlike obsession with past slights and atrocities that happened hundreds of years ago while at the same time turning a blind eye to the oppression, violence and apartheid practiced by Jews in their claimed homeland against non-Jews today(oh I know its all for security and I guess bulldozing a Catholic bishops house is for security).My goodness, I’ve used the phrase six times a year, there’s obviously no stopping me.
This year, the Kaninchens went on holiday, as usual, to Italy and it included a couple of weeks in Rome where we haven’t been for several years and it was rather nice to be there again - even if one can feel Baroque-d into submission from time to time.
Of course, one felt obliged to visit the old Ghetto area again (bit like Christian visitors feel the need to revisit certain Churches or whatever, I expect) and it makes you think (I’m half Italian-Jew, after all) of all those Jews walled-up in a tiny area and, if that wasn’t bad enough, forced to attend weekly Christian sermons and not complain/fall asleep.
I expect that, while the Priest was lecturing them about the wonders of Christianity, they’d rather wished for a ‘Get Out Of Jail Free’ card or other ways of saying ‘don’t believe a word of it’ as politely as possible.
Because your evidence didn’t prove anything of the sort.
You’re the one in sales, not me.
To quote a bit of “pious fiction”:
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye".
You of course are on constant guard for the bigot and so you will again assume that I am “anti-semitic” which is fine but maybe you aught to consider that your mindset is poisonous to your personal growth.