Rosary Makers?

• Thread starter Thread starter RosaryArmy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been making Rosary’s for a little over a year. But I’m having huge problems finding ONE particular part. That “part” is the Crucifix.

Does anyone have a clue where I can find inexpensive, small metal or plastic crucifixes for the rosary’s I make? I’ve tried all over the place (written to companies, etc.) with ZERO results. None of the Craft Stores in our area carry them, either. Beads, I can get by the boatload. But not the crucifix.

I give them to our Pastoral Care Minister… and he takes them to folks in the hospitals and prisons. Lately… I’ve been stalled in my production… for lack of this part. So, I haven’t had any to give him for quite a while. 😦

Anyone know where I can buy them, inexpensively… in bulk?

I am part of a local chapter of Our Lady’s Rosary Makers, ourladysrosarymakers.com/
We just celebrated our 50 year anniversary last year. We have sent thousands of Rosaries/crucifixes/medals/etc. to the missionaries with individual members who have contributed 15, 20 and a few, 30 thousand rosaries over there lifetime. We mostly send the chain rosaries which the missionaries prefer. I personally enjoy making not only the missionary rosaries but gift rosaries for first communion, new Catholic brothers and sisters, and have made a few hundred for our military in Iraq. For the “special Rosaries” I find beads at Hobby Lobby mostly and I have friends who routinely travel to Marian shrines and shop for me for Crucifixes and centerpieces. Also I have a friend who grows Job’s Tears each year for me, [in Michigan]. They are irregular in size and color but make a beautiful Rosary.
God Bless
I work for “HER” I am hers!! I need only listen to her instruction and follow The Way!

I was curious as to how many Rosary makers are on these boards. What kind do you make? Are there other Rosary making websites you visit regularly?
I started making Rosaries about 1 1/2 years ago. I wanted to start a new booth at our church festival that focused on our Catholic Faith and what better way than to give out free Rosaries. Due to budget issues I decided to make my own out of twine, from FNT Twine.

Your web site helped me out alot, THANK YOU!!!

Last year we gave out 122 all twine knotted Rosaries and about 300 Catholic CDs. This year about 80 Rosaries and an uncertain amount of 1 decade Rosaries that were made at the last minute. My wife and I just had our third child by c-section 3 weeks early so I didn’t have as much time to spend on preperation and I was only able to spend a few hours working in the booth. Next year I plan on knocking it out of the park.

Keep up the good work, I love your podcast

I’ve been making Rosary’s for a little over a year. But I’m having huge problems finding ONE particular part. That “part” is the Crucifix.

Does anyone have a clue where I can find inexpensive, small metal or plastic crucifixes for the rosary’s I make? I’ve tried all over the place (written to companies, etc.) with ZERO results. None of the Craft Stores in our area carry them, either. Beads, I can get by the boatload. But not the crucifix.

I give them to our Pastoral Care Minister… and he takes them to folks in the hospitals and prisons. Lately… I’ve been stalled in my production… for lack of this part. So, I haven’t had any to give him for quite a while. 😦

Anyone know where I can buy them, inexpensively… in bulk?
Definitely Our Lady’s Rosary Makers! They also sell fancier crucifixes & centers, which are sold to finance the sale of the mission type parts.
They sell the simpler ones at a loss, in order to encourage folks to make rosaries to give away. So, when anyone buys the more expensive parts from them, that helps to keep the circle of “make them, pray them, give them away” going.
Their “cheap” crucifixes are as nice as can be. They don’t look cheap; they are well designed & very nicely made.👍 👍
They are good folks!

I used to make the corded rosaries. Also, I used to make Green Scapulars - easy, iron-on. One, if not both companies were in Pennsylvania, I think. I haven’t done it in a long while.

**rangerrosary.com/

**I make rosaries kind of like this, but use a key ring so that you can snap on different crucifixes and medals. I only pray using my own home made rosaries because i had a very special experience with Our Lady.

So far i’ve made rosaries for two other people, they’re really popular with teenagers because they are kind of like “combat” rosaries. I’m gearing up to make a bunch to leave in churches.

They’re super easy to make: cord, knots, and some plastic beads. They’re rugged, solid, feel good to pray with, and manly.

Making your own rosaries is an amazing experience, and making them for other people is also a wonderful feeling. I encourage everyone who wants to to take up the hobby.

Here’s a pic of the third generation style i’m personally using right now. The crucifix was a personal gift, and like i said before is interchangeable with any other style.

Sorry bout the poor quality…it’s from my junk cell phone camera

I am so happy to have found and read this thread! I’m going to start making the cord rosaries! (I had made a traditional wire rosary for my DH in the past, but have not attempted it again since.)

Can anyone tell me if there is any real difference between the cord rosary making tool with the handle VS the one without? I’m trying to decide if I want the one with the handle.

Thanks!!

OLRM.org has the best twine for corded rosaries and the best prices. The also carry sterling silver pieces. The are a wonderful organization and they have a list of missions around the world that need rosaries. You do work for your church and community worldwide. How wonderful to send your blessings to everyone near and far.

In Christ,

Becky K:)

I made about 30 para-cord rosaries/chaplets for my church’s teen group, which in turn made another 100 for a retreat they went on (they consisted of a chaplet and a decade counter - essentially a counting cord). Both project took an evening. When I get time, however, I usually work on wire wrapped rosaries for gifts. I don’t make many since they usually take me about 4-6 hrs.

I was looking for a certain rosary part and found this thread, so I thought I’d stop in and say HI 🙂 I make wire, flex, cord and wrapped rosaries. I need to find a source that sells the silver plated metal bars listing the 20 mysteries. I just made one up with Job’s tears and it was the only one I had. The company I got it from can’t get them anymore and I can’t find them anywhere … here’s a pic of what I am talking about … if anyone has a reasonable source, please let me know … thanks, good luck and God bless! 🙂 http://www.battlebeads.com/images/done/2/105job.jpg

WHOA! sorry for the size of the pic! 😦

I make rosaries using super strong Jewelers wire. www.GracefulRosaries.etsy.com
and www.GracefulRosaries.com I love to use antique reproduction medals. They make the rosaries so vintage looking.

I am starting a website to offer these parts I use to other rosary makers at very low prices.

www.AntiqueMedals.weebly.com

It is still a work in progress, so check back often as it is just begun.

—Mary
Looking for the mystery bars as pictured above … have plenty of wire and components, thanks 🙂

I am still just a Candidate but I have been praying the Rosary each night and I feel somewhat called to make them. (I am big on crafts in all aspects of my life.)

I bought the Mission Rosary starter kit from OLRM for wire rosaries, as I do have a tiny bit of experience with wire-wrapped jewelry, and I am hoping to be able to make these Rosaries and donate them where they are needed.

Of course, I still need a Rosary for myself. Right now I just count on my fingers.

I am still just a Candidate but I have been praying the Rosary each night and I feel somewhat called to make them. (I am big on crafts in all aspects of my life.)

I bought the Mission Rosary starter kit from OLRM for wire rosaries, as I do have a tiny bit of experience with wire-wrapped jewelry, and I am hoping to be able to make these Rosaries and donate them where they are needed.

Of course, I still need a Rosary for myself. Right now I just count on my fingers.
how wonderful! Good luck with it! I bet you find a lot of folks right in your own area that will use them! 🙂 God bless! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back