Rove E-Mail Sought by Congress May Be Missing

  • Thread starter Thread starter john1863
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And while they are about it they might find out what deocuments Sandy Berger took from the National Archives and destroyed. His excuse was he made a mistake. These documents were among the most sensitive in the archives and one had to have top security clearance to access them. Some were one of a kind and we may never know what damage was done.
 
While we’ve already seen the usual attempt to divert attention, I think that this is just one more scandal in a long list of scandals by the current bunch of political leaders. We are contually being left with the following alternatives; either they are ethically bankrupt, incompetent, or some combination of both.

Thank God for some oversight in the government. If the Republicans had still been in charge of Congress, we wouldn’t know what was going on. They either would not have investigated, or when they heard the “the dog ate my homework” excuse, they would have swallowed it and then tried to feed it to the rest of us.
 
While we’ve already seen the usual attempt to divert attention, I think that this is just one more scandal in a long list of scandals invented by the current bunch of political leaders in Congress.
Since I am in the correcting mode, I corrected your sentence for you… 😃
 
While we’ve already seen the usual attempt to divert attention, I think that this is just one more scandal in a long list of scandals by the current bunch of political leaders. We are contually being left with the following alternatives; either they are ethically bankrupt, incompetent, or some combination of both.

Thank God for some oversight in the government. If the Republicans had still been in charge of Congress, we wouldn’t know what was going on. They either would not have investigated, or when they heard the “the dog ate my homework” excuse, they would have swallowed it and then tried to feed it to the rest of us.
Yes, it is painful to talk about the Sandy Berger affair. Maybe you can smooth over the stolen documents and the fact that the 9/11 didn’t get all the documents they requested as they had mysteriously disappeared, I can’t. We may never know how compromised our security was by this act. And as for the e-mails, I don’t know where they are and I don’t care. This whole “investigation” isw just another attempt to subvert the Bush administration . A president can fire attorneys at any time, for any reason and many have done so. It does not matter when in time that happens. I won’t mention that Clinton fired many more, but that was his perogative. No matter that two of them were in Arkansas investigating the shenanigans that went on there. But, again I say, that was his perogative.

This “oversight” is a waste of time. The Dems promised all kinds of things when they ran and won. They aren’t going any of them. They are continuing to discredit the Bush administration.

Please know that morally corrupt and incompetent are OPINIONS. They would carry more weight if they were not a same old same old pronouncement. If you can’t find one single thing the other party has done right, I’d say your opinion is not worth much.
 
While we’ve already seen the usual attempt to divert attention, I think that this is just one more scandal in a long list of scandals by the current bunch of political leaders. We are contually being left with the following alternatives; either they are ethically bankrupt, incompetent, or some combination of both.

Thank God for some oversight in the government. If the Republicans had still been in charge of Congress, we wouldn’t know what was going on. They either would not have investigated, or when they heard the “the dog ate my homework” excuse, they would have swallowed it and then tried to feed it to the rest of us.
Can you cite the Federal law trhat requires an individual to rtain personal emails?
 
He is under no obligation to keep personal Emails. There is no there there, When will the Democrats begin to legislate intead of invetigate?,

So far they have not enacted one law they promised to. But they have spent a lot of time in front of the cameras with every brutal dictator they can find. You think Pelosi will go to Cuba and venezuala next?
She has to go to Iran first. And I guess Lantos is going with her.
 
Since I am in the correcting mode, I corrected your sentence for you… 😃
I’m getting used to having my material lifted. But seriously, I’d appreciate a defense of this crowd in leadership. Instead, it seems like I often hear debate techniques worthy of your average 4 year old. They include the popular, “He did it first” and the repetitive, “You’re just being mean.”

This relationship that many here have with the Republican leadership of this country isn’t supposed to be like a marriage. You’re not obligated to love, honor, and obey. You don’t have to seek counseling when things go bad. You can even file for divorce at any time with no eternal repercussions.

But we’re not supposed to be supporting a secretive government. And even the White House says, “We screwed up.” Now I’m not certain what they mean by that. Is it that they were doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing and violated the Presidential Records Act and the Hatch Act? Is it that they had some sort of clerical error and possible removed millions of emails?

But even they admit that they did something wrong; it’s just unclear right now what it is.
 
I’m getting used to having my material lifted. But seriously, I’d appreciate a defense of this crowd in leadership. Instead, it seems like I often hear debate techniques worthy of your average 4 year old. They include the popular, “He did it first” and the repetitive, “You’re just being mean.”

This relationship that many here have with the Republican leadership of this country isn’t supposed to be like a marriage. You’re not obligated to love, honor, and obey. You don’t have to seek counseling when things go bad. You can even file for divorce at any time with no eternal repercussions.

But we’re not supposed to be supporting a secretive government. And even the White House says, “We screwed up.” Now I’m not certain what they mean by that. Is it that they were doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing and violated the Presidential Records Act and the Hatch Act? Is it that they had some sort of clerical error and possible removed millions of emails?

But even they admit that they did something wrong; it’s just unclear right now what it is.
A defense of what Thekla? A baseless charge of secrecy and deception by people who are the political opposition of that party? No thanks. I won’t defend against something that can’t be proven and IMO is being charged for political purposes.

You can keep ranting and raving, if you like. I will continue to support what I believe is right and vote accordingly.
 
While we’ve already seen the usual attempt to divert attention, I think that this is just one more scandal in a long list of scandals by the current bunch of political leaders. We are continually being left with the following alternatives; either they are ethically bankrupt, incompetent, or some combination of both.

Thank God for some oversight in the government. If the Republicans had still been in charge of Congress, we wouldn’t know what was going on. They either would not have investigated, or when they heard the “the dog ate my homework” excuse, they would have swallowed it and then tried to feed it to the rest of us.
While the dog might have eaten some e-mails we know that Sandy Berger did chow down on some very important documents. But then again a potential scandal is always juicer then a proven one.
 
Yes, it is painful to talk about the Sandy Berger affair. Maybe you can smooth over the stolen documents and the fact that the 9/11 didn’t get all the documents they requested as they had mysteriously disappeared, I can’t. We may never know how compromised our security was by this act. And as for the e-mails, I don’t know where they are and I don’t care. This whole “investigation” isw just another attempt to subvert the Bush administration . A president can fire attorneys at any time, for any reason and many have done so. It does not matter when in time that happens. I won’t mention that Clinton fired many more, but that was his perogative. No matter that two of them were in Arkansas investigating the shenanigans that went on there. But, again I say, that was his perogative.

This “oversight” is a waste of time. The Dems promised all kinds of things when they ran and won. They aren’t going any of them. They are continuing to discredit the Bush administration.

Please know that morally corrupt and incompetent are OPINIONS. They would carry more weight if they were not a same old same old pronouncement. If you can’t find one single thing the other party has done right, I’d say your opinion is not worth much.
Well said thank you.👍
 
He is under no obligation to keep personal Emails. There is no there there, When will the Democrats begin to legislate instead of investigate?,

So far they have not enacted one law they promised to. But they have spent a lot of time in front of the cameras with every brutal dictator they can find. You think Pelosi will go to Cuba and Venezuela next?
I don;t think it will be any time soon :confused: i thought they promised to get back to business. But I guess the business they decided to get back to was MONKEY BUSINESS.
 
I’m getting used to having my material lifted. But seriously, I’d appreciate a defense of this crowd in leadership. Instead, it seems like I often hear debate techniques worthy of your average 4 year old. They include the popular, “He did it first” and the repetitive, “You’re just being mean.”

This relationship that many here have with the Republican leadership of this country isn’t supposed to be like a marriage. You’re not obligated to love, honor, and obey. You don’t have to seek counseling when things go bad. You can even file for divorce at any time with no eternal repercussions.

But we’re not supposed to be supporting a secretive government. And even the White House says, “We screwed up.” Now I’m not certain what they mean by that. Is it that they were doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing and violated the Presidential Records Act and the Hatch Act? Is it that they had some sort of clerical error and possible removed millions of emails?

But even they admit that they did something wrong; it’s just unclear right now what it is.
"SentenceFirst, Trail later " said the Red Queen!

Do you think the Democrats might actually pass some laws(other than laws to leave our troops without arms food and ammuntion, that is)
 
The emails in question were on his RNC accopunt which by definition are personal and are not required to be retained.
I believe ther are around 22 such e-mail accounts at this time used for personal use only. This has been common for many years I believe since the HATCH ACT.
 
I believe ther are around 22 such e-mail accounts at this time used for personal use only. This has been common for many years I believe since the HATCH ACT.
Correct. The RNC also has private phone lines in the White House for politiical use,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top