Ryan: Obama 'sowing social unrest'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Caldera
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caldera

Guest
House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) took direct aim at President Barack Obama in a speech Wednesday morning, accusing him of “preying on the emotions of fear, envy and resentment” as he travels the country to sell his jobs plan.

In a speech at the Heritage Foundation, Ryan said Obama’s method of rallying public support for his $447 billion jobs package was “sowing social unrest and class resentment” and could be “just as damaging as his misguided policies.”

“Instead of working together where we agree, the president has opted for divisive rhetoric and the broken politics of the past,” Ryan said. “He is going from town to town, impugning the motives of Republicans, setting up straw men and scapegoats, and engaging in intellectually lazy arguments, as he tries to build support for punitive tax hikes on job creators.”
…

politico.com/news/stories/1011/66887.html

VIDEO: Rep. Paul Ryan on Saving the American Idea
blog.heritage.org/2011/10/26/video-rep-paul-ryan-on-saving-the-american-idea/
 
House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) took direct aim at President Barack Obama in a speech Wednesday morning, accusing him of “preying on the emotions of fear, envy and resentment” as he travels the country to sell his jobs plan.

In a speech at the Heritage Foundation, Ryan said Obama’s method of rallying public support for his $447 billion jobs package was “sowing social unrest and class resentment” and could be “just as damaging as his misguided policies.”

“Instead of working together where we agree, the president has opted for divisive rhetoric and the broken politics of the past,” Ryan said. “He is going from town to town, impugning the motives of Republicans, setting up straw men and scapegoats, and engaging in intellectually lazy arguments, as he tries to build support for punitive tax hikes on job creators.”
…

politico.com/news/stories/1011/66887.html

VIDEO: Rep. Paul Ryan on Saving the American Idea
blog.heritage.org/2011/10/26/video-rep-paul-ryan-on-saving-the-american-idea/
Well, of course he is! That’s what he’s all about, and what he has ever been all about. Saul Alinsky’s playbook wearing shoes.
 
NO WAY!!!. not President Obama. :eek:

And the. “And you will be all alone” …was a marvelous comment. What in the world we do without him??? I don’t how we could possibly survive. 😃 In fact he should set up a web sight with daily instructions for all of us.
 
That is unfair coming from Ryan. Ryan is a follower of objectivism. This is a philosophy that champions selfishness and a belief that the poor should be blamed for their failures. The belief system is very insulting to those who believe in God, it is highly anti-religion. I encourage people to really to study Ayn Rand and the philosophy she expouses.
 
When did “fair” enter the political realm? Truth is truth and based on knowledge, is that objective or subjective? Ah, so there exists the reality.

Ayn Rand is OK, I’m a bit past that the philosophy at the moment though. Mystical is my present facination. 👍

Peace
 
Ayn Rand is not okay. Objectivism is a philosophy not to be confused with objective truth. Ryan garners support from greedy corporations who exist solely to make profit. They are not evil they just are a machine for profit. The people who run them need moral guidance. I really would appreciate if people would not use the Strawman fallacy against Obama also. I do not have a political allegiance but the attacks from both sides have become hurtful to my moral sensibilities.
 
That is unfair coming from Ryan. Ryan is a follower of objectivism. This is a philosophy that champions selfishness and a belief that the poor should be blamed for their failures. The belief system is very insulting to those who believe in God, it is highly anti-religion. I encourage people to really to study Ayn Rand and the philosophy she expouses.
I’ve never seen Objectivism condensed into 2 sentences.

Here might be a better definition:

aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=objectivism_intro

One could call Plato or Aristotle as “anti-religion”, by the same stretch.
 
Ayn Rand is not okay. Objectivism is a philosophy not to be confused with objective truth. Ryan garners support from greedy corporations who exist solely to make profit. They are not evil they just are a machine for profit. The people who run them need moral guidance. I really would appreciate if people would not use the Strawman fallacy against Obama also. I do not have a political allegiance but the attacks from both sides have become hurtful to my moral sensibilities.
Seriously?

Did you know which candidate raised more campaign contributions from these “greedy corporations” than any person in the history of humankind??
 
That is unfair coming from Ryan. Ryan is a follower of objectivism. This is a philosophy that champions selfishness and a belief that the poor should be blamed for their failures. The belief system is very insulting to those who believe in God, it is highly anti-religion. I encourage people to really to study Ayn Rand and the philosophy she expouses.
I’ve never read anything by Ayn Rand, nor do I know anything about Objectivism. I do agree with what Paul Rand is saying. Paul Rand is Catholic. Do you know for a fact that he espouses Objectivism, or is that just a label you use for anyone who is against big greedy government?
 
Can anyone explain why liberals like to judge the moral character of a person? Like saying Boehner is immoral because he wants to cut entitlements? I have a cousin who is always talking about how moral her children are.

Even though I hold morality in the highest esteem, that’s not part of my vocabulary when I’m talking about about people in general. I tend to use that word more when I’m in a religious discussion.
 
Ayn Rand is not okay. Objectivism is a philosophy not to be confused with objective truth. Ryan garners support from greedy corporations who exist solely to make profit. They are not evil they just are a machine for profit. The people who run them need moral guidance. I really would appreciate if people would not use the Strawman fallacy against Obama also. I do not have a political allegiance but the attacks from both sides have become hurtful to my moral sensibilities.
Strawman fallacy? Like attacking Ryan for allegedly supportng your perosnal opinion of what “objectivism” is and following the philosophy Ayn Rand? I suspect you will run out of straw before anyone else.
 
NO WAY!!!. not President Obama. :eek:

And the. “And you will be all alone” …was a marvelous comment. What in the world we do without him??? I don’t how we could possibly survive. 😃 In fact he should set up a web sight with daily instructions for all of us.
Give it a little time. It’s coming. 🙂
 
He proclaims he follows the teachings of Ayn Rand and encourages her work to be read to those around him…This has been stated in the news. I have read her works and please don’t attack me for being liberal. It would be uncharitable to be called a liar…
If it was on the news you should have no problem providing us with a link where he states he is a follower the teachings Ayn Rand (whatever that is ). Also would appreciate a link to where he claims he is a “objectivist”
 
Ayn Rand is not okay. Objectivism is a philosophy not to be confused with objective truth. Ryan garners support from greedy corporations who exist solely to make profit. They are not evil they just are a machine for profit. The people who run them need moral guidance. I really would appreciate if people would not use the Strawman fallacy against Obama also. I do not have a political allegiance but the attacks from both sides have become hurtful to my moral sensibilities.
Indeed, I am hard pressed to think of a philosopher more un-Christian than Ayn Rand. She’s up there with Marx and Nietzsche, and any so-called Catholic conservative who sympathizes with her views is just as bad as any Christian socialist who sympathizes with Marx. Rand was quite explicit about what she thought of Christianity.
 
He proclaims he follows the teachings of Ayn Rand and encourages her work to be read to those around him…This has been stated in the news. I have read her works and please don’t attack me for being liberal. It would be uncharitable to be called a liar…Paul Ryan not rand Paul…enlightenment.supersaturated.com/essays/text/irfankhawaja/bethindividualism.html shows a debate on Randist objectivism vs. Catholicism.
I read the paper. Where does it say Paul Ryan subscribes to this philosophy? Who attacked you for being a liberal? Who called you a liar?
 
Seriously?

Did you know which candidate raised more campaign contributions from these “greedy corporations” than any person in the history of humankind??
My head is spinning about this. Occasionally I hear of conservatives boasting about how ‘business leaders’ want Obama out of office as a good thing. Now we hear about how much ‘business leaders’ supported Obama in 2008. Implying what? That he successfully did what most Republican candidates (as well as Democratic ones) can only dream of doing: agrnering more campaign contributions than any prevoius candidate? At any rate, we can be sure that record will be broken in 2012, and again in 2016. If one thing is certain about politics in this country, it is that money is becoming ever mroe the deciding factor. I of course, being the cynic that I am, never doubted much that Obama was in somebody’s pocket, like the banks his admin has bailed out. That is why I can’t but laugh at theories that he is a Marxist agent trying to topple the American way of life and replace it communism.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top